Notices

WTB 23-26 contender/regulator hull

Old 03-30-2017, 05:26 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB 23-26 contender/regulator hull

I am looking for a hull with no power or new power with very low hours. I'm wanting to get back to a 23 open, 23T or 25 Contender. I'm also interested in 23-26 Regulator or newer Cape Horn. I've done searches on the site and I know there are tons of threads looking for the exact same thing but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I have also checked craigslists in the Southeast but I know a lot of you guys find boats I will miss.

Budget for one with new power is 55k. I/m in Pensacola, FL but will travel to pick up if its what I'm looking for.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:37 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,134
Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

You are not going to find a 26 Reg with new power for anywhere near that price. No offense but just saying.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:41 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 361
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

We have a Listing for a 26 with ox66 that run great for a reasonable price. You could repower how you like if you wanted. Just letting you know. Boat is up in the north east
Old 03-31-2017, 05:13 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 277
Received 95 Likes on 46 Posts
Default

http://www.boats.com/power-boats/2001-regulator-23-classic-5878259/#.WN7iAMspDqA

Maybe they'd negotiate?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:17 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lafayette La
Posts: 3,588
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

We have a 24 regulator with 200 hpdis (600 hrs) we will be around 40k on.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:53 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bigtuna View Post
We have a 24 regulator with 200 hpdis (600 hrs) we will be around 40k on.
pm sent
Old 04-04-2017, 11:20 AM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

You should be able to find one in that range. People think way too highly of their 1,000+hr, 15 year old motors thats for sure.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:56 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Keithcooking View Post
You should be able to find one in that range. People think way too highly of their 1,000+hr, 15 year old motors thats for sure.
If someone is willing to pay the market value for one of these highly regarded machines then I would be willing to say their 15 y/o sleds are worth what was paid for them. These boats are built to last waaaaaay longer than most and their value only holds or even increases when compared to buying a new one for 5 or 6 times as much. Buying an older, cream of the crop hull even with some age on it can never be a bad choice if you're looking to save some coin. Just my opinion as someone who did just that and never regrets a single moment.

Nice first post and we hope you contribute many more positive and helpful ones in the future. Welcome to THT!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:46 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 277
Received 95 Likes on 46 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by finrazor View Post
If someone is willing to pay the market value for one of these highly regarded machines then I would be willing to say their 15 y/o sleds are worth what was paid for them. These boats are built to last waaaaaay longer than most and their value only holds or even increases when compared to buying a new one for 5 or 6 times as much. Buying an older, cream of the crop hull even with some age on it can never be a bad choice if you're looking to save some coin. Just my opinion as someone who did just that and never regrets a single moment.

Nice first post and we hope you contribute many more positive and helpful ones in the future. Welcome to THT!
I agree 100% and couldn't have said it better. Regardless of the hours on the meter, these hulls tend to bring good coin to the seller. I bought one with high hours on the engines and hope to squeeze another year or two out of the engines before I repower.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:13 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Not knocking a 15 year old hull, contenders are built to last. Theres a ton of variables in a hull with outriggers, electronics,trailor, ex, ex but most imoortant part of a boat is by far the motor and im seeing so many late 90s 23-25ft contenders with 15 year old motors and 1500+ hrs for top dollars. Do they actually sell for 55-60k?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Keithcooking View Post
Not knocking a 15 year old hull, contenders are built to last. Theres a ton of variables in a hull with outriggers, electronics,trailor, ex, ex but most imoortant part of a boat is by far the motor and im seeing so many late 90s 23-25ft contenders with 15 year old motors and 1500+ hrs for top dollars. Do they actually sell for 55-60k?
Find one in pristine condition or one that's a rebuild and they will very well draw those kind of numbers. I'm sure the OP is smart enough to be patient and find a great deal on one and I hope he does! I've owned a Contender and like I mentioned before currently have a Reg and if looking again would certainly have to pay the market value of one in great condition because if I don't someone will.

They will pop up for a bargain every once in a while!!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts
Default

https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/6045353933.html

https://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/6010181832.html
Old 04-07-2017, 05:29 PM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

You ever find one?
Old 04-07-2017, 08:51 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,706
Received 241 Likes on 125 Posts
Default

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sa...-no-power.html
Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have been talking to this guy. Just trying to get a list of what all is needed in this one. Sounds like the fuel tank will have to be adjusted. It also needs a leaning post, steering wheel, new paint, all new electronics, etc....just trying to see how much I would have to put into it
Old 04-08-2017, 08:37 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,215
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Got what you are looking for listed now.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:26 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

found this on offerup... I have no affiliation with this guy


https://offerup.com/item/detail/2572...d0c622b9ac79d3
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 AM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Seems like every one I find has already been sold and the poster didnt delete add.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:12 AM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have a 94 23 Reg in Mobile, AL that I have been meaning to post on here just haven't had time to stop and do it. Its powered with the original 150 SWS carbed motors. I have the compression numbers recently checked by Middle Bay Marine. the boat is ready to fish tomorrow. we rebuilt the trailer last summer with new axles, tires, lights, carpet, and fenders, added new lees sidewinder outriggers, and had the pen stripes redone waiting on the new regulator 23 decals now. it has a ridged industries light bar on the ttop, added a new stereo and gemlux latches this week. and a new bait-well pump. the fishbox pump and wash down pump were both replaced in the last couple of years. i just changed the lower unit oil and fuel water separators. the boat has a Garmin radar that we put on either last summer or the summer before. it has a garmin 4212 Chart and gps and a 8 or 10" garmin touchscreen.
the boat is super clean for a 94 my brother has a 23 reg that is 10 years newer and doesn't show as well as this one. also has a custom boat cover.
Pm me and i'll get you some details and pics. or you can run over and take a look at it
Old 04-16-2017, 11:41 AM
  #20  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by as16 View Post
I have a 94 23 Reg in Mobile, AL that I have been meaning to post on here just haven't had time to stop and do it. Its powered with the original 150 SWS carbed motors. I have the compression numbers recently checked by Middle Bay Marine. the boat is ready to fish tomorrow. we rebuilt the trailer last summer with new axles, tires, lights, carpet, and fenders, added new lees sidewinder outriggers, and had the pen stripes redone waiting on the new regulator 23 decals now. it has a ridged industries light bar on the ttop, added a new stereo and gemlux latches this week. and a new bait-well pump. the fishbox pump and wash down pump were both replaced in the last couple of years. i just changed the lower unit oil and fuel water separators. the boat has a Garmin radar that we put on either last summer or the summer before. it has a garmin 4212 Chart and gps and a 8 or 10" garmin touchscreen.
the boat is super clean for a 94 my brother has a 23 reg that is 10 years newer and doesn't show as well as this one. also has a custom boat cover.
Pm me and i'll get you some details and pics. or you can run over and take a look at it
Pm sent

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.