Notices
Like Tree16Likes

Conversion Project -Fountain 10 meter

Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 AM
  #461  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Thailand
Posts: 102
Default

I just replaced the stereo in my boat with a basic Fusion unit. The old unit needed to be relocated when I did a few modifications so I decide to update.

I had an amp and 6 speakers, but the amp was crook and only 2 speakers were working. We put in the new Fusion, replaced the 4 dead speakers and threw the amp away. The original speakers that were working are under the side coamings out of sight so it doesn't matter if they don't match. Everything works fine, can adjust the volume to the front/center/rear speakers individually and it's way powerful enough for me without an additional amp.

It's a boat not a mobile disco.

Love you're work on this project, hard to believe the transformation.

RR
rak rua is offline  
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 AM
  #462  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Park, NJ
Posts: 1,375
Default

I have a Sony powering some speakers I picked up on Amazon for like $20 and it sounds fine. You should be fine. I think the biggest thing is mounting them solid so nothing rattles. I'm thinking of putting some foam baffles behind mine to keep the sound from getting lost in the hull. I saw them in the crutch field catalog a few years ago. I'm not sure if they'd do anything, but I'm sure sound gets lost in all that open space between the hull and liner.
81Malibu is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM
  #463  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by 81Malibu View Post
I have a Sony powering some speakers I picked up on Amazon for like $20 and it sounds fine. You should be fine. I think the biggest thing is mounting them solid so nothing rattles. I'm thinking of putting some foam baffles behind mine to keep the sound from getting lost in the hull. I saw them in the crutch field catalog a few years ago. I'm not sure if they'd do anything, but I'm sure sound gets lost in all that open space between the hull and liner.
Thanks guys, went ahead and made my order today.
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 08:08 PM
  #464  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default Little work

Didn't get first round of Fairing completed this week end. Have to work in Texas and staying over to hunt so everything is going on the shelf for a while.
Attached Images  
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 07:53 AM
  #465  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 416
Default

By "red beast" I assume you mean your inline sander? What brand did you get?
murfpcola is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 11:35 AM
  #466  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,754
Default

Originally Posted by Jaizzen View Post
Didn't get first round of Fairing completed this week end. Have to work in Texas and staying over to hunt so everything is going on the shelf for a while.
Getting your priorities mixed up again I see.
kmoose is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 07:14 PM
  #467  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by murfpcola View Post
By "red beast" I assume you mean your inline sander? What brand did you get?
Chicago pneumatic cheapie
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 07:15 PM
  #468  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Getting your priorities mixed up again I see.
I'll get this one done sooner to later.... A big buck will make me work faster!
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 06:45 PM
  #469  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by Jaizzen View Post
I'll get this one done sooner to later.... A big buck will make me work faster!
Ok, killed my buck, meat is at processor, sausage it on the way. Now back to boats....

Made a deal on a pair of F300 yamaha's. So, now I have to pick up the pace!
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 12:40 PM
  #470  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,754
Default

Where is my boudin dang it!!! F300s! Cool, new or used?
kmoose is offline  
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 PM
  #471  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Where is my boudin dang it!!! F300s! Cool, new or used?
Used set.....

If you want smoked sausage come by the house and pick some up.
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:13 AM
  #472  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerland
Posts: 652
Default

did you grab that set that was for sale on here just a week or 2 ago?
Apnatic is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:40 AM
  #473  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by Apnatic View Post
did you grab that set that was for sale on here just a week or 2 ago?
They did come off of THT.
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 10:46 AM
  #474  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lancaster , RIC VA
Posts: 8,388
Default

That's should be a nice setup with the 300s!
GWcpa is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 05:20 PM
  #475  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,754
Default

Originally Posted by Jaizzen View Post
Used set.....

If you want smoked sausage come by the house and pick some up.
I'll swing by on my way down to go pick up my new 300 AP.
kmoose is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 05:54 PM
  #476  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
I'll swing by on my way down to go pick up my new 300 AP.
Are we bolting it on or is Robert?
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 04:48 PM
  #477  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,754
Default

We'll bolt it on and Robert can in-service it.
kmoose is offline  
Old 12-19-2015, 05:25 AM
  #478  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 23
Default

Amazing work!
Ropeyarn Sundays is offline  
Old 12-19-2015, 02:00 PM
  #479  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location:
Posts: 1,656
Default

Originally Posted by sburdian View Post
Amazing work!
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Jaizzen is offline  
Old 12-19-2015, 09:04 PM
  #480  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Park, NJ
Posts: 1,375
Default

We need more pics so we can say it's looking good.
81Malibu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread