Notices
Like Tree194Likes

International Marine - Big Mistake

Old 03-25-2019, 02:51 PM
  #201  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,838
Default

Originally Posted by JMarkB View Post

The gas station cash price is because they donít have to pay theCC company their percentage on the sale of the gas. Not because theyíre not paying taxes.
i am very well aware but thank you for trying to educate me!
mystery is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 PM
  #202  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 764
Default

Jeez man, this sounds like some postpartum depression or PTSD. #1 Steering Wheel: I had the gear shift cover come off in my hand on a new Bentley GT. I snapped it back on. Next time I was in the neighborhood Braman put a new one on for me. I didn't go on a Bentley owners thread and whine about it. #2 The crooked panel: Probably 4 screws can be loosened and the panel straightened out, which would be even easier than waiting for a Tech to come to your house. Do you own a screw driver? #3 Stuff in wrong location: Its your friggin' boat. Companies can make suggestions but aren't mind readers. I had a custom gelcoat cabinet made for a 27" TV on my boat, and it took the cabinet builder, the electrician and me many conversations and drawings before work was started. Before I paid them the second half of payment, we all made sure everything worked perfectly. No worky no payee. When the job was done I didn't say, "oh shit you should have told me to put the cabinet somewhere else".

Sound like IM is jumping through hoops to make you happy.
chrisrack likes this.
petealan is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 PM
  #203  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
InternationalMarineMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8,336
Default

Originally Posted by Trayder View Post



I understand to a point but as a professional how could you (maybe not ďyouĒ but your company) suggest or not at least point out that putting the ignition switch where it was, is an issue?

if the customer says its not straight, its not straight and if there were varied reference points then they should of been discussed/ sorted with the customer before installing.





1. We explained the pros and cons of the tray versus the removal of the tray. I believe the choice to remove it was based on it looking better. He did not wan tot spend the money to refresh the old tray.

2. I have not put eyes on the panel after it left here. I will tell you our tech that worked on his boat is pretty detailed and he does not get come backs very often. I would like to look at this further to see if it is even crooked. Either way we will will ensure it is appealing to him, as it is his boat and his hard earned money paid for it. So to me it just needs to be perfect.

Mike

bugslayer8021 likes this.
InternationalMarineMike is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:04 PM
  #204  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,877
Default

Originally Posted by Brian6892 View Post
Believe everything from one side of story? Never asked for discount for cash deal, simple said can I avoid taxes for cash deal... like most people offer.
So you asked him to commit a felony?
jj1987 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:04 PM
  #205  
MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Wintersprings,FL USA
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by Lookinup76 View Post
Take the boat in, let them fix it. You're saying they won't fix it but they will as soon as you take the boat to them.
This
bottomfeeder28 likes this.
John S is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:04 PM
  #206  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando
Posts: 2,642
Default

Originally Posted by Brian6892 View Post
Complete lies!
I was never once told about knee bashing and breaking my keys.
Never were any pros and cons disclosed. Ever.
Seriously? Are you spatially challenged? When you decide to go the less expensive way out and don't consider the repercussions that is on you.

This is such Millennial thinking it is disgusting. "I'm not responsible for anything that happens to me...it must be somebody else's fault...everyone else should take care of me so I get my participation trophy."

Get over it...you didn't think your project through and now you need to fix your mistake. Move the key and put something else in the spot or man up and buy a new recessed panel to mount that good looking panel in.
billablehours is online now  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:19 PM
  #207  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Land down under
Posts: 9,806
Default

Originally Posted by InternationalMarineMike View Post
At the end of the day he may want it lined up with he right side of the console. We lined it up with the left side. No problem we will do it however you would like it done. I will also ensure a tech is available when you pull in so you cant wait for it. If he would like it one on a Saturday or a Sunday so he does not have to take off from work we will also make that happen. If he would rather come after work one night I will have a tech here to get him handled.

Mike
If you fix the problem then he will not have anything to bitch about here. He won't like that.
alloyboy is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:20 PM
  #208  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Land down under
Posts: 9,806
Default

Oh wait, his kind will always find and have something to bitch about. My bad.
alloyboy is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:25 PM
  #209  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posts: 4,642
Default

Originally Posted by Brian6892 View Post
When I got there to pick up boat, Mike stayed in the office. Never came out to walk through anything.
Car industry you can understand they are popping out hundreds of customers per week...
And what rubbed me wrong way is the fact I caught this weeks ago, Mike said yes when boat gets back to your house give me a call.

The day has come and now they are going back on their word and saying I need to bring it back to them and take my day off of work.
I will not be taking it to them. Only way to fix this is to send a tech up to fix as they stated before...
Lesson learned.
Interesting. I had a similar issue with them saying one thing then changing their tune last second. I chalked it up as a misunderstanding but maybe not...they seem to do ok work and Iíd just make a day if it. Grab your lady or friend and head to their shop stop and get a nice lunch and get your boat fixed. Itís much easier that way.
76 Mako 23 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:40 PM
  #210  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: daytona beach florida
Posts: 2,463
Default

Originally Posted by Brian6892 View Post
So I took the leap into getting International Marine in Boynton Beach FL to do a dash refit, boca tech switches, top screen panel and all (backlit)
new steering wheel and a helm pad.
First off Mike had my recessed original switches now re-done and took the recess out of it. Knee bash keys will now happen from time to time.... Thanks Mike for saving your guys some time by asking me to go that route...
Next the switch panel he did is crooked! It slants down to the port side... a several thousand dollar job and the panel is crooked..... WOW!
Next I took the boat out for first time this past weekend and that nice steering wheel I purchased, the knob on that wheel all the bolts fell right off minutes into running it... great..

I call Mike today to tell him about this situation and he says he will not send anyone to fix this. Says I need to come up to his shop 1.5 hours away to have them fix it..
NOT HAPPENING for mistakes that they caused... Take a day off work, waste gas trailering boat that far.. when they can send a tech down for a half day of work tops to fix this problem....

I would beware of doing business with this company..

as you can tell by reading the replies :

if you're part of the "clique" on "the hull truth",you,as a business can do no wrong,the customer is always the problem

Last edited by jawz; 03-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.
jawz is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM
  #211  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SLO, CA
Posts: 563
Default

Originally Posted by jawz View Post
as you tell by reading the replies :

if you're part of the "clique" on "the hull truth",you,as a business can do no wrong,the customer is always the problem
wrong.

but, customer expectations are sometimes WORSE than the problem.

if it's not straight, bring it in and get it fixed. expecting somebody to drive to you is, frankly, insane. doesn't happen, especially 1.5 hours away
steering wheel problem, offer to solve via mail, simple
hard to blame the business for the sudden dislike of the design

pretty simple, actually.

as you can tell, if you read the thread, initially people wanted to be on the customer's side. but as more info became available, it became clear who is being unreasonable.
ncor33 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:57 PM
  #212  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Forked River NJ
Posts: 655
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Never once heard this before. So you ask the company to commit a federal crime, they say no, and then you bring this to attention on the internet?



Well, I mean, you did start this thread... I think if these were all in your favor you'd be quite happy with the thread. They are not.

Sales tax isn't a federal offense.

It seems like his real complaint is IM allegedly said he would come to his house to make the repairs. I haven't heard IM state differently in any of his posts.

IM did you tell the customer you would go to his home to make the repairs? This will put this to rest.
wreckman is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 03:58 PM
  #213  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Binghamton New York
Posts: 39
Default

Could we maybe get a straight on picture showing how the panel is crooked??? The only real picture is from an angle and looks pretty straight from the picture. Unfortunately being from an angle things can get lost. As far as being flush or not Iím sorry that lays on the customers shoulders. Going through building a house and have ran across it a few times. Suggestion of how something can be done different ways, totally up to me how it actually gets done. Canít blame them if I donít like it.

I donít even know who anyone involved here is. But the OP needs to just take a Saturday, show them how itís crooked, get his boat how he wants it. Really quite simple. Heck maybe if you ask theyíll even get some lunch and beers and you can have a nice chat with the owner while itís done.
River rat76 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:12 PM
  #214  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
InternationalMarineMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8,336
Default

Originally Posted by River rat76 View Post
Could we maybe get a straight on picture showing how the panel is crooked??? The only real picture is from an angle and looks pretty straight from the picture. Unfortunately being from an angle things can get lost. As far as being flush or not Iím sorry that lays on the customers shoulders. Going through building a house and have ran across it a few times. Suggestion of how something can be done different ways, totally up to me how it actually gets done. Canít blame them if I donít like it.

I donít even know who anyone involved here is. But the OP needs to just take a Saturday, show them how itís crooked, get his boat how he wants it. Really quite simple. Heck maybe if you ask theyíll even get some lunch and beers and you can have a nice chat with the owner while itís done.

I would be more than happy to pick up the tab for his breakfast or lunch (within reason, LOL I know how you guys think) while we make it just the way he would like it.

Mike

bigjimmie, alligatorgar and Reel E like this.
InternationalMarineMike is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:19 PM
  #215  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge Area
Posts: 150
Default

So....at least an hour of my life that I'll never get back.

What I've learned:
OP is an "influencer." (where's the rolling eyes emoji?) Yet, his IG looks to be nothing original....I think we could probably google nearly every one of those photos.

New switch panel/instrument panels were posted on his refit thread, 2/9/2019, post #27. Stated "Some before and after photos of the dash, came out super clean."

OP starts talking about all the flex in his console/floors on 2/19/2019 on post #46: "I am purchasing new deck plate from Norman at Whitewater, all in installed cost is 4-5k. My console was flexing inward around entire console, definitely needs to be done."

OP states on 2/21/2019, Post #50 (with pictures of hull and no console): "Deck plates removed, console removed. The rotting on the console plate had so much flex and slope inwards toward console, this was something that definitely had to be done. Rear deck will have wood removed and changed to composite, console deck has been purchased directly from Whitewater, I am debating having entire decks non-skid replaced to match the new white deck plate for console."

If I read all of this correctly, the new panels were installed before the console was pulled out.....all the additional work that needed to be done mentioned in this thread???.....So, now, new deck plate has been installed, all kinds of work done below deck, console was re-installed and now switch panel is not level/square...pick a term....not to OP's liking. If that timeline is correct....this is definitely not IM's problem; regardless of who said what and when. You pull up the console and the floor, no telling how that console came out or went back in.

Maybe OP got an influencer's discount with the guy that did the deck....and got what he paid for??

EDIT....thinking about it a little more...they probably pulled the steering wheel off the helm to pull the console.

Carry on.
BlueShamu is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:25 PM
  #216  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: coral gables, florida
Posts: 4,918
Default

i''m not reading the entire thread. did the OP try to resolve these issues by speaking with Mike or did he just open fire a la the Jupiter 43 guy? Where is Jillybird to come to the OP's rescue?
alacrity is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:26 PM
  #217  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
InternationalMarineMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8,336
Default

Originally Posted by BlueShamu View Post
So....at least an hour of my life that I'll never get back.

What I've learned:
OP is an "influencer." (where's the rolling eyes emoji?) Yet, his IG looks to be nothing original....I think we could probably google nearly every one of those photos.

New switch panel/instrument panels were posted on his refit thread, 2/9/2019, post #27. Stated "Some before and after photos of the dash, came out super clean."

OP starts talking about all the flex in his console/floors on 2/19/2019 on post #46: "I am purchasing new deck plate from Norman at Whitewater, all in installed cost is 4-5k. My console was flexing inward around entire console, definitely needs to be done."

OP states on 2/21/2019, Post #50 (with pictures of hull and no console): "Deck plates removed, console removed. The rotting on the console plate had so much flex and slope inwards toward console, this was something that definitely had to be done. Rear deck will have wood removed and changed to composite, console deck has been purchased directly from Whitewater, I am debating having entire decks non-skid replaced to match the new white deck plate for console."

If I read all of this correctly, the new panels were installed before the console was pulled out.....all the additional work that needed to be done mentioned in this thread???.....So, now, new deck plate has been installed, all kinds of work done below deck, console was re-installed and now switch panel is not level/square...pick a term....not to OP's liking. If that timeline is correct....this is definitely not IM's problem; regardless of who said what and when. You pull up the console and the floor, no telling how that console came out or went back in.

Maybe OP got an influencer's discount with the guy that did the deck....and got what he paid for??

We definetly did the panel prior to the deck work being done as he dropped the boat here on his way back from buying it in North Florida. I am not sure if that played a part in it or not. In the end we will do our part to make sure it is the way he wants it.

Mike
InternationalMarineMike is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:37 PM
  #218  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 764
Default

Hey Mike, Iíve never used your company and donít know you but the console and panel look amazing! Iím looking for a used high end CC now, that I can repower and upgrade. When I find one Iíll surely call you.
petealan is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 PM
  #219  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
InternationalMarineMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8,336
Default

Originally Posted by petealan View Post
Hey Mike, Iíve never used your company and donít know you but the console and panel look amazing! Iím looking for a used high end CC now, that I can repower and upgrade. When I find one Iíll surely call you.
Thank you very much and let me know whenever you are ready to go. Here is a different look from pour delivery today. This is before the silicone was cleaned up but you get the idea. He wanted the tray gone and the switches moved up top.






Mike
jheiii likes this.
InternationalMarineMike is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 04:55 PM
  #220  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho/Mississippi
Posts: 1,411
Default

To the OP. Dude you have zero credibility. You are whining about having to take time off from work to take the boat back to a place that is 1 1/2 hours away which you chose to do in the first place like others have pointed out. But here is where you FAIL. How much time have YOU wasted posting on this thread??????
ifsteve is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread