Notices
Like Tree925Likes

My Barker Cat BOONDOGGLE

Old 03-21-2019, 04:49 AM
  #741  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,193
Default

Originally Posted by caracal25 View Post
I have one of the original Willy Roberts 15' Slopokes that I'm either going to sell or start a high dollar restoration on in the next few weeks.


You may regret selling that treasure.
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 04:52 AM
  #742  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,193
Default

Originally Posted by Flatout71 View Post


Anyone can sue someone for libel and/or slander whether they have spoken or published the truth or a falsehood. It would cost the defendant thousands of dollars to prove that they spoke the truth. Litigation is costly and that is why certain people threaten to sue others, they stay quite in fear of having to spend money to retain an attorney to defend a suit brought against them.
I`m sure Barker would agree with this statement.
gofastsandman is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 06:13 AM
  #743  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 220
Default

Originally Posted by Gottarpon View Post
Hi Harvey, If I remember correctly and please tell me if I am wrong here, Are might be the Harvey that contacted me about buying my boat, I was told that Harvey bought a used one from Kevin and was investing in the Cat project that was years ago but did you get in on the ground floor and can you shed any light into the cat boat project.
Well...this could be part of your problem. You are wrong. Answering you directly: As you were one of the first owners, I sent you a PM to ask how you liked the boat and if you would do anything different (as I already had one on order). You gave rave reviews and pointed me to your youtube video....wore the t-shirt...hat...etc. Not sure what happened after this. I never inquired about buying your boat. I purchased a new boat from Barker. I have NEVER been an investor in any part of Barker (Cat or 26). I was an owner plain and simple. I can't shed any light past the flame from your torch chasing frankenstein here.

I know this is an internet forum prone to sewing circle talk, but you will type anything....and I am not sure of the motive.

This is much ado about nothing (this part of the thread). At the heart of this, I hope Ray is made whole. All else is superfluous.
harveyr is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 06:19 AM
  #744  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,350
Default

Originally Posted by harveyr View Post
Well...this could be part of your problem. You are wrong. Answering you directly: As you were one of the first owners, I sent you a PM to ask how you liked the boat and if you would do anything different (as I already had one on order). You gave rave reviews and pointed me to your youtube video....wore the t-shirt...hat...etc. Not sure what happened after this. I never inquired about buying your boat. I purchased a new boat from Barker. I have NEVER been an investor in any part of Barker (Cat or 26). I was an owner plain and simple. I can't shed any light past the flame from your torch chasing frankenstein here.

I know this is an internet forum prone to sewing circle talk, but you will type anything....and I am not sure of the motive.

This is much ado about nothing (this part of the thread). At the heart of this, I hope Ray is made whole. All else is superfluous.

My apologies, I did not know for sure that you were the person I spoke with I just asked the question thought it might be you. Thanks for clearing this up it was several years ago, I will own the mistake of thinking you were one of the original cat guys.
harveyr likes this.
Gottarpon is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 07:55 AM
  #745  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cape coral, fl
Posts: 5,450
Default

This is just getting interesting now. Ray is involved with law suits and wonít/canít comment anymore, so we are on hold for him.

In the meantime, we have a well respected Capt claiming Gottarpon is a little shady and has an axe to grind with Kevin/BBW. You just canít make this stuff up. This is better than any soap opera.
bsh102 is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 08:33 AM
  #746  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,894
Default

Gottarpon and cwhite6 like this.
MUHSFINK07 is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 09:22 AM
  #747  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 342
Default

I have owned 3 Barkers and enjoyed each one with no issues. Just sold a carbon edition. Never experienced transom issues, blowout, etc. They are great combo inshore and offshore boats. Have another 24 YF now and its a great boat as well but much smaller than the Barker. Would not hesitate to buy another Barker if there was a good deal available.
Red Roof is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 12:38 PM
  #748  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by Flatout71 View Post


Anyone can sue someone for libel and/or slander whether they have spoken or published the truth or a falsehood. It would cost the defendant thousands of dollars to prove that they spoke the truth. Litigation is costly and that is why certain people threaten to sue others, they stay quite in fear of having to spend money to retain an attorney to defend a suit brought against them.
IDK...the US is one of the least plaintiff friendly in the Libel/Slander world. Truth and Opinion are valid defenses.
"Barker Boats are awful riding boats. Horrible." Opinion, not slander
"Wilson Boats are poorly built. The transom is only 3mm thick: it cracks when you hang a motor on it:" If true and you can prove it, not slander.
"Barker Wiley is a thief that will steal your money." Only slanderous if its false and damaging.
JONOV is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 12:46 PM
  #749  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location:
Posts: 184
Default

All Out, yes I did help Kevin out at the MBS. I honestly have no idea about the money. I never talked to Kevin about his finances. Not MY Business. I was never paid to go and I bought my boat. I just went to help him out as a friend. I also believed in him and his product. I think we all know he's hit a rough patch. This what I can tell everyone. I've ordered a different boat. Kevin knows this. It has nothing to do with whats happening with BBW now. It has to do with whats happen to the fishery I guide out of. With Kevin knowing I am building another boat. It did not stop him from helping me last week. I had something go out. I called JT. JT is head rigger for BBW. I told him my problem. He talked to Kevin, and Kevin over nighted me the part the next day. Kevin is still open and helping his customers! I truly believe Kevin will make it through this! Hopefully Ray and Kevin can work it out.
gofastsandman likes this.
ofischer is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 AM
  #750  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 1,330
Default

Originally Posted by boatruptcy View Post
Anyone mind showing me an example of a collector status boat, something made in the last thirty years that people "collect"? I'll wait patiently for such an example..... Oh that's right, it doesn't exist. Enough with that nonsense, it's a purpose built Bay boat and will never be anything but, no collector is going to buy it and put it in their showcase.
I will always look to buy a Hydrasports and I think they have a good following. The 13' - 17' Whalers are also very collectible, there is a guy around Mobile Alabama that restores them and sells them, they hold value or go up. I think really large boats are hard to "collect" but smaller ones can get into that category.
HOmer72 is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 09:31 AM
  #751  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Default BBW 26 open

I bought one of the very first open models several years ago.
I currently have over 300 hrs.
I have not had a single problem.
Kevin built me a fantastic product that I could not be happier with.
Originally I ordered it with half tower and wished I got a full tower. Kevin said he could change it for me at a small nominal fee and he did exactly what he said. I have had zero problems with my boat and absolutely love it.
I started and built a successful small company and had cash flow problems at the beginning, as I think most small business owners have as well
ofischer and BlueWaveEd1 like this.
Matthhi is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 10:14 AM
  #752  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 147
Default

Great, most everyone is in agreement that Kevin Barker is a wonderful person, the 26 is the cats meow and will continue to hold its value, How about hijacking a different Barker thread for the fanboi's and leave Rays thread for any updates on the "Barker 40 HPC" legal proceedings?
MarSci is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 10:17 AM
  #753  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eh?
Posts: 1,210
Default

Originally Posted by HOmer72 View Post
I will always look to buy a Hydrasports and I think they have a good following. The 13' - 17' Whalers are also very collectible, there is a guy around Mobile Alabama that restores them and sells them, they hold value or go up. I think really large boats are hard to "collect" but smaller ones can get into that category.
Ya lost me at Hydrasport.
Blazer7420 is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 11:36 AM
  #754  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 18,712
Default

Originally Posted by Gottarpon View Post
Incorrect. It has been brought up by owners and a few times and they were run off with the flag wavers and people who still own the boats that have no choice but to support and continue to say these are the best boats ever. I have drawn the conclusion that if you are a past owner you keep your mouth shut and if you are a current owner you need to keep the mojo going.
Speaking of keeping the mojo going, when you get a little maturity you might realize the meaning of "what goes around comes around." ie. how soon you forgot that you were Barkers biggest cheerleader when you owned one?
ofischer likes this.
First Light is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 01:13 PM
  #755  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern Neck, VA
Posts: 5,290
Default

So a loyal owner comes on here and confirms that barker is having money issues....

with friends like that....
rocksandblues is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 06:55 PM
  #756  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,350
Default

Originally Posted by First Light View Post
Speaking of keeping the mojo going, when you get a little maturity you might realize the meaning of "what goes around comes around." ie. how soon you forgot that you were Barkers biggest cheerleader when you owned one?
I never forgot, I was the leader of the fan club when I had my money on the line and started waving that flag when there was nothing but drawings, I enjoyed the boat for a while then stopped cheering for team BBW and am happy with all my choices No Regrets at all. As far as things coming around Im glad they did, again with no regrets.

I think it's safe to say we are all cheerleaders of what we own, our boats, our trucks, etc.

Last edited by Gottarpon; 03-27-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Gottarpon is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 AM
  #757  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Biloxi,Ms
Posts: 718
Default

Originally Posted by Gottarpon View Post
.

I think it's safe to say we are all cheerleaders of what we own, our boats, our trucks, etc.
Very well said!!!!!! We all love what we own. Show me one person on this forum that talks bad about a product they own. Nobody ever admits they bought a piece of sh!t no matter what brand XYZ!!!
TeamBalla likes this.
Biloxi24YF is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 06:09 AM
  #758  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,900
Default

Originally Posted by Biloxi24YF View Post


Very well said!!!!!! We all love what we own. Show me one person on this forum that talks bad about a product they own. Nobody ever admits they bought a piece of sh!t no matter what brand XYZ!!!
I bought a few things that are a POS.. my GM truck comes to mind
madman7 and TheBigWhit like this.
On the Half Shell is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 AM
  #759  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 549
Default

Originally Posted by Biloxi24YF View Post


Very well said!!!!!! We all love what we own. Show me one person on this forum that talks bad about a product they own. Nobody ever admits they bought a piece of sh!t no matter what brand XYZ!!!
yeah well sometimes silence is the best alternative if youd like your opinions to be taken seriously in the future
mahimaster1 likes this.
triggerman is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 AM
  #760  
Joe
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 16,006
Default

Really? Hold my beer.

Let me tell you about a 2008 Boston Whaler Montauk 170 I bought brand new....

Originally Posted by Biloxi24YF View Post


Very well said!!!!!! We all love what we own. Show me one person on this forum that talks bad about a product they own. Nobody ever admits they bought a piece of sh!t no matter what brand XYZ!!!
Joe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread