Notices
Like Tree150Likes

1993 Intrepid Classic 32 facelift!

Old 01-12-2019, 07:43 AM
  #161  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default


Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post


what drove the price up on my upholstery was that it has no welded seems or pleats, they are all cut and stitched. So as you can imagine, it's labor intensive but I wanted it back to original as it was in 94. Yes I paid a premium for that, but it's what I wanted and it's a look you can't get unless it's done that way.

i insisted on my last two intrepids they were manually stitched. Then after 3 or 4 years and fish blood and kids suntan lotion etc etc I think Iím going to try with a high quality welded seam. I too would like the original look. But I think Iím leaning towards all white. I really like my helm seat upholstery I just picked up and itís welded.

arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 AM
  #162  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ozona Fl
Posts: 2,905
Default

Originally Posted by arctic_f250 View Post




i insisted on my last two intrepids they were manually stitched. Then after 3 or 4 years and fish blood and kids suntan lotion etc etc I think Iím going to try with a high quality welded seam. I too would like the original look. But I think Iím leaning towards all white. I really like my helm seat upholstery I just picked up and itís welded.

I can't say I blame you, if I ever do another project boat, I would consider welded vinyl seems and all white as well. The stitching literally doubles the cost
arctic_f250 likes this.
BigNasty is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
  #163  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post


I can't say I blame you, if I ever do another project boat, I would consider welded vinyl seems and all white as well. The stitching literally doubles the cost
Iíll be in the neighborhood of 70k+ with the pre owned 4 strokes rebuilt painted white and the frigid rigids and pretty much doing everything I wanted.

Iíve got to economize where I can. No underwater lights etc. No autopilot. No new taco grand slams. And no verados!!! ( I decided to stick with a nice set of 4 stroke 250ís to get me thru because I decided I wanted new in a year or so ) however, she will be in The Bahamas for a trip this year!

When I put the New Mercs on her Iíll be all in at 100k.

Money spent on a boat is nothing more than a passion.

I really know what Iím doing when it comes to this on what things cost etc.

But as an example to my son about budgets and Iím trying hard to stick by the 70k all in mark!
BigNasty and JFam like this.
arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:24 PM
  #164  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Under the sun
Posts: 622
Default

You will be in a MUCH better position than buying new.
That's what I will do if I was in the market for a 'new' boat.
arctic_f250 likes this.
combi_40 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:30 PM
  #165  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 20
Default

Keep up the progress pics! Such a beautiful boat, can't wait to see her finished and on the water!
arctic_f250 likes this.
jaw969 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 08:55 AM
  #166  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default Going over budget.

So this is how you go over budget.

Need a new ebox.

And Iím going to have to line x the top. Why not?!


arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 AM
  #167  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default Huge fan of line x

LŪnex everything!!!
arctic_f250 likes this.
Saltymiami is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 AM
  #168  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,194
Default

Originally Posted by arctic_f250 View Post
And Iím going to have to line x the top. Why not?!
Would love to hear how that goes and see detailed pictures. Youíre doing the current top, right? How old is it / what condition?

looks like youíre having fun!
arctic_f250 likes this.
griff12ga is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 AM
  #169  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default


Originally Posted by griff12ga View Post


Would love to hear how that goes and see detailed pictures. Youíre doing the current top, right? How old is it / what condition?

looks like youíre having fun!

Fun...ugh...
yes. Itís getting a little crazy now $$$$ budget wise. But I assumed it going in. Iím going to reuse my current top that has a few broken welds. Have that re worked. Then a new ebox from Intrepid. Then line x. Going to have probably 4K in top repairs line x alone.
griff12ga likes this.

Last edited by arctic_f250; 01-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.
arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM
  #170  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Originally Posted by arctic_f250 View Post




Fun...ugh...
yes. Itís getting a little crazy now $$$$ budget wise. But I assumed it going in. Iím going to reuse my current top that has a few broken welds. Have that re worked. Then a new ebox from Intrepid. Then line x. Going to have probably 4K in top repairs line x alone. It will be worth it.
how much is line x charging for the ttop and box (if you donít mind me asking)
Saltymiami is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:55 AM
  #171  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default

Originally Posted by Saltymiami View Post


how much is line x charging for the ttop and box (if you donít mind me asking)
In the neighborhood of 2k for top. $400 for box. Thatís more expensive than powder coat but itís much better imo

not 1000 percent sure yet Iím doing the line x yet. I want to but im not sure how it will tie in with the project.

im buying a box from the factory. Thatís over $1000 for fiberglass. But they custom make them

Last edited by arctic_f250; 01-16-2019 at 10:16 AM.
arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 01:56 PM
  #172  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 367
Default

For the dreamers:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col...795922371.html

Boat is looking great!
arctic_f250 likes this.
shs128 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 04:32 PM
  #173  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default

Originally Posted by shs128 View Post
For the dreamers:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col...795922371.html

Boat is looking great!

Thats awesome! Iím in that area. I would buy this boat if I didnít have mine. But you have to budget at least 55k to redo her.
arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 04:35 PM
  #174  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,628
Default

so with this welding are the stitches fake?
MUHSFINK07 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 04:55 PM
  #175  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Originally Posted by arctic_f250 View Post



Thats awesome! Iím in that area. I would buy this boat if I didnít have mine. But you have to budget at least 55k to redo her.
maybe 55k plus power. Motors alone are 35-40k
Saltymiami is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:00 PM
  #176  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ozona Fl
Posts: 2,905
Default

Originally Posted by Saltymiami View Post


maybe 55k plus power. Motors alone are 35-40k
that’s my thought as well. 55k goes fast is your doing things right and paying attention to detail. 80k all in and then you have a BA double DD Machine! Break out the check book, ain’t no bank financing a restoration ��
arctic_f250 likes this.
BigNasty is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
  #177  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 246
Default

Originally Posted by shs128 View Post
For the dreamers:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col...795922371.html

Boat is looking great!

Ooof, this is making me consider making the switch from my current rig.
Enyar is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:24 PM
  #178  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post

thatís my thought as well. 55k goes fast is your doing things right and paying attention to detail. 80k all in and then you have a BA double DD Machine! Break out the check book, ainít no bank financing a restoration ��
good point. Cash money baby!!!
guess thatís why itís taken me 4 years to get to this point.....but I have the title in my safe!
Saltymiami is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:24 PM
  #179  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,825
Default

Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post

thatís my thought as well. 55k goes fast is your doing things right and paying attention to detail. 80k all in and then you have a BA double DD Machine! Break out the check book, ainít no bank financing a restoration ��
When I get the new v8 mercs Iíll be 100k all in. Thatís right. Thatís all cash!
BigNasty likes this.
arctic_f250 is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:34 PM
  #180  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Originally Posted by arctic_f250 View Post


When I get the new v8 mercs Iíll be 100k all in. Thatís right. Thatís all cash!
that sounds about right.
Saltymiami is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: