Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Notices
The Boating Forum

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Old 08-11-2018, 04:58 AM
  #81  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DE & Chincoteague Bay, VA
Posts: 1,062
Likes: 0
Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
Default

On the bracket bottom - the front has what I assume to be a drain plug, but what't the sliver disk in the middle?
And I assume the wings are to keep spray away from the motors
Old 08-11-2018, 05:02 AM
  #82  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Posts: 599
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dekarate View Post
On the bracket bottom - the front has what I assume to be a drain plug, but what't the sliver disk in the middle?
And I assume the wings are to keep spray away from the motors
those are the zincs
Old 08-11-2018, 05:06 AM
  #83  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dekarate View Post
On the bracket bottom - the front has what I assume to be a drain plug, but what't the sliver disk in the middle?
And I assume the wings are to keep spray away from the motors




That is a great question. As far as the silver things, I'm not sure, maybe a scraficial anode? I can check and find out.

As for the spray, I included a picture of hull #1. It looks like Armstrong built them in to keep spray down
Old 08-11-2018, 07:07 AM
  #84  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern L.I., Sebastian fl.
Posts: 1,048
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

UCF when are you taking delivery of boat? Can’t wait to hear and hopefully see some videos of your boat runnng ! Good luck
Old 08-11-2018, 08:17 AM
  #85  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kaku View Post
UCF when are you taking delivery of boat? Can’t wait to hear and hopefully see some videos of your boat runnng ! Good luck
We haven't really discussed delivery. I actually asked Dave to take his time. I'm currently waiting on the Army Corp to approve an extension and lift to my dock. So I'm in no rush because I don't really want to rent a warehouse. Lol

As far as videos, absolutely I will post some. My brother has a drone so we will shoot some drone videos also. Hell if your in the keys look me up, videos cant compete with the real deal.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:15 AM
  #86  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern L.I., Sebastian fl.
Posts: 1,048
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Wow awesome I definitely will
Old 08-17-2018, 03:48 PM
  #87  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Dave and I are bouncing around ideas of a tackle center/helm seat stand instead of the livewell/seat he has on hull #1.

So I wanted to see what everyone had in theirs that they couldn't live without.

Ready go.....
Old 08-17-2018, 04:06 PM
  #88  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 446
Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Looks great! Any idea what the final weight (no fuel) will be?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:41 PM
  #89  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LuvBigBoats View Post
Looks great! Any idea what the final weight (no fuel) will be?
Great question. Maybe 7k without fuel?
Old 08-17-2018, 05:59 PM
  #90  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 5,335
Received 762 Likes on 376 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
Dave and I are bouncing around ideas of a tackle center/helm seat stand instead of the livewell/seat he has on hull #1.

So I wanted to see what everyone had in theirs that they couldn't live without.

Ready go.....
My Worldcat has a tackle storage helm. It had two doors. One side was drawers and one side Plano boxes. I would much rather that than a livewell. Don’t you have a stern livewell?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:24 PM
  #91  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cwhite6 View Post


My Worldcat has a tackle storage helm. It had two doors. One side was drawers and one side Plano boxes. I would much rather that than a livewell. Don’t you have a stern livewell?
Yes going to have dual stern livewells. Not going to be massive because I also want to have jump seats but should do the trick.

That's why I'm thinking a tackle center is better than a 3rd livewell.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:48 PM
  #92  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 5,335
Received 762 Likes on 376 Posts
Default

For the way I fish, two livewells is more than enough. I am not a sail fisherman though. We used one livewell for bait and the other one for a trash bag most of the time. Tackle storage is way more important to me. Make sure at least one drawer is decently deep to store rolls of line. Have one divided into sections for putting knives, pliers, etc in. Have plenty of room for Plano boxes to hold jigs, hooks and swivels, plugs, and trolling baits.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:45 PM
  #93  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 180
Received 261 Likes on 132 Posts
Default

Maybe have a look at how Ray set up the Comp cat with fresh water sink/cutting board if memory serves?
Old 08-18-2018, 04:40 AM
  #94  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Jax FL
Posts: 2,743
Likes: 0
Received 783 Likes on 534 Posts
Default

I like a tackle station. Could be a bait well under the tabutckle station but like he said there's dual at the rear corners. On most boats those rear corners make for a really difficult area to get a line around the engines but with the walk-though transom and that huge swim platform you can get easily to the rear and the sides. In fact stepping from the dock to the platform and through the transom is going to be so easy nobody should need to jump a gunnel again.

While the spaces for containers are necessary for small bits. The value of waterproof drawers cannot be over stated. Need some at the helm too for phones etc. Put a charging port inside the drawer. Sinks and cleaning stations I don't like in the middle of a boat but these guys will likely come up with something way better than I ever thought about.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:52 AM
  #95  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jumpsummo View Post
I like a tackle station. Could be a bait well under the tabutckle station but like he said there's dual at the rear corners. On most boats those rear corners make for a really difficult area to get a line around the engines but with the walk-though transom and that huge swim platform you can get easily to the rear and the sides. In fact stepping from the dock to the platform and through the transom is going to be so easy nobody should need to jump a gunnel again.

While the spaces for containers are necessary for small bits. The value of waterproof drawers cannot be over stated. Need some at the helm too for phones etc. Put a charging port inside the drawer. Sinks and cleaning stations I don't like in the middle of a boat but these guys will likely come up with something way better than I ever thought about.
Thats a good point. We are definitely going to add a phone box to the console. There is a perfect spot for it.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:01 AM
  #96  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Jax FL
Posts: 2,743
Likes: 0
Received 783 Likes on 534 Posts
Default

Just came up with one. Place in the overhead at the helm. Padded slots to hold the phones with cutout for the charging ports or I suppose they will charge upside down. it gets them up high so maximum range. Near your head so might be able to hear them. Hell tie the to bluetooth and have hands free if needed.

I was on the phone with Simrad for over an hour last week waiting. I've never had luck with those call backs. I put myself in line for call back then call again to be on hold. on hold always picks up first.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:03 PM
  #97  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 668
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

This place make some of the nicest tackle stations/leaning posts I've seen. If you looking.

Leaning Posts in 38, 58 and 50" Sizes - Amazing Leaning Post Designs
Old 08-22-2018, 09:06 AM
  #98  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Going to be adding some rod storage in the front boxes. Yesterday emailed Dave, then we called and discussed. Messed with his schedule, but "no problem". Just came up with the idea yesterday, being implemented today. Awesome!
Old 08-22-2018, 03:35 PM
  #99  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,267
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Rod Storage


So less than 24 hours ago, I came up with an idea for some rod storage in my front boxes. By 5pm today I get this picture. Sure I probably messed up Dave's schedule, but no complaints from him.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:32 PM
  #100  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,668
Received 841 Likes on 415 Posts
Default

Very nice. But don't mess up fuel capacity!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.