Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Notices
The Boating Forum
Like Tree213Likes

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM
  #821  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Originally Posted by Jumpsummo View Post
This is the same switches. Maybe Dave found another supplier. I suppose you could get the cover decals from anywhere and just trim to size. 4 bucks per decal is a bit usury when you can get a whole sheet for that price. Haven't found the suitable set of decals yet.
https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-9062...le-labels.aspx
Dave is working directly with the manufacturer of the switches. I think they have like 70 choices or something and counting. When it's time I'm sure you'll find what you want
UCF is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 04:18 PM
  #822  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CA & San Carlos, Mx
Posts: 21,030
Default

Originally Posted by Jumpsummo View Post
This is the same switches. Maybe Dave found another supplier. I suppose you could get the cover decals from anywhere and just trim to size. 4 bucks per decal is a bit usury when you can get a whole sheet for that price. Haven't found the suitable set of decals yet.
https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-9062...le-labels.aspx
$45 per swich + breakers + install.....
Bullshipper is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 04:22 PM
  #823  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,525
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
Dave is working directly with the manufacturer of the switches. I think they have like 70 choices or something and counting. When it's time I'm sure you'll find what you want
How's the illumination in bright light? Is it easy to tell if they are on or off?

Not knocking the switches... they look awesome! Just wondering if form is equal to function.
ChrisW21 is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 06:37 PM
  #824  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Jax FL
Posts: 2,747
Default

I know I'm putting a dimmer on mine. We leave early a lot and I can't see if there's too much light. Even had to be subdued.

These being LEDs will need to have a single source for LED power in order to dim them. Or perhaps order the 24 volt version and power with 12.
Jumpsummo is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 07:15 AM
  #825  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location:
Posts: 882
Default

Do these have breakers in them, or are they just switches. I am by no means an electrician, but why a breaker needed if they have a breaker built in?
Smoke n Mirrors is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 07:18 AM
  #826  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,282
Default

No built in breakers.
pooldoo73 is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 02:37 PM
  #827  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Hard top was painted today
jwlsh and DownForDeco like this.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-26-2019, 05:26 AM
  #828  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Texas
Posts: 911
Default

Need that rolly stool in the picture for scale. Damn that thing is massive! Looks awesome!
Sharpest is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 03:30 PM
  #829  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

No longer Topless. I never thought I would be happy saying those words!

The vision is starting to come together. I must have been smiling ear to ear when I walked in the shop and saw the "Wild Knights"







Diverboy264 likes this.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 03:37 PM
  #830  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Dave dubbed this the world's largest bass boat

One BIG trolling motor. Still can be lowered at least 12" I think. Once we use it some we will figure that out.




Diverboy264 likes this.

Last edited by UCF; 06-28-2019 at 04:14 PM.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 03:42 PM
  #831  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

I think Dave did a great job on the trolling motor bracket. I was worried about it being overbearing, but I think it's just large enough to do its job.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 04:27 PM
  #832  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 172
Default

I'll have what he's having....

That is one good looking boat, congrats Eric and great job Dave and team. Now, pretty please, with cherries on top, get her wet and get some numbers for us!
UCF likes this.
jwlsh is offline  
Old 06-28-2019, 04:52 PM
  #833  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Originally Posted by jwlsh View Post
I'll have what he's having....

That is one good looking boat, congrats Eric and great job Dave and team. Now, pretty please, with cherries on top, get her wet and get some numbers for us!

Evinrude tech wanted the top on inorder to program the idock. Since the code will be flashed into all the upcoming idock equipped Horizon 3000 boats.


Top is on. Any day.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 03:43 AM
  #834  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 193
Default

Love that grey colour. What are people’s thoughts on a boat in the same coloured gelcoat?
lovey80 is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 04:25 AM
  #835  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 5,049
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
Dave is working directly with the manufacturer of the switches. I think they have like 70 choices or something and counting. When it's time I'm sure you'll find what you want
Originally Posted by lovey80 View Post
Love that grey colour. What are people’s thoughts on a boat in the same coloured gelcoat?
My boat’s are grey. It is my thing. I love the color and it goes with black or grey motors. Even my bouys are custom grey/black.
keithelder is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 04:31 AM
  #836  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 98
Default

Well done to all involved, I tip my hat to you for executing the vision. The additional times spent on all of the details is evident and paying off. - Cheers
NYC2MTK is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:38 AM
  #837  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 301
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
One BIG trolling motor. Still can be lowered at least 12" I think. Once we use it some we will figure that out.
Can the trolling mount be added after the boat is complete? I would really like the spot lock feature, but I just can't justify 18k for the Optimus 360.
It's kind of like having a "Fitness super model wife", be nice to have, but I just can't afford it. I'm not that lucky.
MarkDiaz is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:40 AM
  #838  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newport Beach, CA. USA
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally Posted by keithelder View Post




My boat’s are grey. It is my thing. I love the color and it goes with black or grey motors. Even my bouys are custom grey/black.
Grey/black"bouys"? Wow.
Rico2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:42 AM
  #839  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Originally Posted by MarkDiaz View Post
Can the trolling mount be added after the boat is complete? I would really like the spot lock feature, but I just can't justify 18k for the Optimus 360.
It's kind of like having a "Fitness super model wife", be nice to have, but I just can't afford it. I'm not that lucky.
I wouldnt see why not. Just have Dave reinforce the cap when he is building it. Rigging is done after all the construction so that wont change.

What motors are you going with? There is a rumor that evinrude is coming out with a spot lock feature and it will be an "update". But who knows.
UCF is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:43 AM
  #840  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,093
Default

Originally Posted by NYC2MTK View Post
Well done to all involved, I tip my hat to you for executing the vision. The additional times spent on all of the details is evident and paying off. - Cheers
Thank you. It is soo close now

Last edited by UCF; 06-29-2019 at 09:14 AM.
UCF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread