Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Notices
The Boating Forum

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Old 12-05-2018, 05:16 PM
  #221  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 679
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

From what I've read and seem Dave seems to accommodate about anything a customer wants to do or at least try to work it out. This boat is going to be bad ass when done can't wait to see it.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:02 PM
  #222  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tampa
Posts: 759
Received 181 Likes on 114 Posts
Default

You can put a porti pot in the console. I'm 6'4" 280 and was able to get in there. Is it ideal? No but it works. If you go with the cuddy model or any of the others you can put a step down head into the sponson.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:02 PM
  #223  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tampa
Posts: 759
Received 181 Likes on 114 Posts
Default

Great news on the coffin box.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:07 PM
  #224  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Bracket Mounted



Old 12-05-2018, 06:10 PM
  #225  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default

The bracket doesn't look large but I think it is 27" and the extension is 37" from the fiberglass. Its definitely good sized. 37"s was the longest Armstrong felt comfortable on the extension. They thought any longer it may hit the water while running and getting onto plane.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:42 AM
  #226  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DE & Chincoteague Bay, VA
Posts: 1,066
Likes: 0
Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
Default

The bracket is 3 pieces. See post 196. Do all these bolts just go into the hull or are some used to lock the pieces to each other? Is there a drain for the bracket? It is open-faced on the side that attaches to the boat so I assume its just a 5200 seal between it and the hull. Top plate appears to be water-tight seal but how is the pipe with the engine hoses/controls/wiring etc sealed? Is there a need for a bilge pump? Just wondering if taking waves against the transom, what the likelihood of this volume filling with water?
Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 AM
  #227  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando/Maggie Valley
Posts: 3,023
Received 875 Likes on 493 Posts
Default

I asked on the other thread also but was wondering if this was the first one of their boats with a walk though transom. Every other one I have seen has a solid transom. I was just wondering what structural modifications they did besides just cutting the opening and glassing the sides. That can be a real high stress bending and flexing area between the sponsons.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:05 AM
  #228  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 4,300
Received 658 Likes on 365 Posts
Default

Just started following this. My biggest concern for my next boat is weight. I'm in the position of having a 2015 Expedition EL 2WD. Claimed towing capacity with a WDH is 9200 pounds, but that is really pushing it, I think. I currently tow around 8000 pounds (including gear, fuel, ice, trailer) for my 2001 Cobia WA (25 foot).

What do you think is the total weight on this boat, with 300 gallons of fuel, usual load of ice, gear, etc. and the trailer?

I might have to wait for a 25 foot version if they are planning on one.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:27 AM
  #229  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,783
Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts
Default

I believe you will be under the 9200 when fully loaded. Not sure if you will be under 8000, but maybe. Won't be long before someone (UCF) can get you a true weight on an optioned boat fully loaded. Dave's demo boat was almost un-noticed behind the truck traveling in town.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:12 AM
  #230  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 4,300
Received 658 Likes on 365 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
I think the base price is around 100k with 250s.
That's insane . . . . in a good way! I wonder what a 25 foot scaled down version of this boat, maybe with 150s or 175s would cost?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM
  #231  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando/Maggie Valley
Posts: 3,023
Received 875 Likes on 493 Posts
Default

Folks,

I’m not raining on anybody’s parade but options to get a boat to the level of even a reasonable basic boat with a top, coolers, electronics, wash down and helm seating adds tens of thousands of dollars. Start adding additional seating, quality electronics, hardtop, live wells, head, extra rod holders, lighting and any custom touches can add up even quicker. I can see $160k plus pretty easy if you set the boat up nicely. I would love to hear from the manufacturer.

Options from the website

Alum. T-Top with canvas and 4 rod holders
Fiberglass hard top
Alum. leaner seat with backrest
Fiberglass leaner seat with built-in baitwell

Saltwater washdown
Freshwater washdown with 9-gal tank
Stern seating
High tech coolers
Hull color (sides)
Hull color (entire hull)
Custom electronics package
Trailer

Magic Tilt - All welded aluminum, tandem axle with brakes
Spare tire

Last edited by billablehours; 12-06-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
  #232  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by haneyrm View Post
Looks like an ex-Australian built cat. Here's a pic of the hull that will be used.
You will love the G2’s. They are absolute game changers vs 4-stroke technology. Light weight, high torque, no crankcase oil changes, and the most fuel efficient motors on the market.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:53 AM
  #233  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 5,348
Received 766 Likes on 380 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by billablehours View Post
Folks,

I’m not raining on anybody’s parade but options to get a boat to the level of even a reasonable basic boat with a top, coolers, electronics, wash down and helm seating adds tens of thousands of dollars. Start adding additional seating, quality electronics, hardtop, live wells, head, extra rod holders, lighting and any custom touches can add up even quicker. I can see $160k plus pretty easy if you set the boat up nicely. I would love to hear from the manufacturer.

Options from the website

Alum. T-Top with canvas and 4 rod holders
Fiberglass hard top
Alum. leaner seat with backrest
Fiberglass leaner seat with built-in baitwell

Saltwater washdown
Freshwater washdown with 9-gal tank
Stern seating
High tech coolers
Hull color (sides)
Hull color (entire hull)
Custom electronics package
Trailer

Magic Tilt - All welded aluminum, tandem axle with brakes
Spare tire
From the manufacturer in his other build thread:
The center console, powered with a pair of Evinrude G2 200s and aluminum trailer is 99K. I believe the average boat will end up around 120K to 130K by the time it's tricked out with T-Top, electronics, etc. We also factory rig with Mercury.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 AM
  #234  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default


Originally Posted by dekarate View Post
The bracket is 3 pieces. See post 196. Do all these bolts just go into the hull or are some used to lock the pieces to each other? Is there a drain for the bracket? It is open-faced on the side that attaches to the boat so I assume its just a 5200 seal between it and the hull. Top plate appears to be water-tight seal but how is the pipe with the engine hoses/controls/wiring etc sealed? Is there a need for a bilge pump? Just wondering if taking waves against the transom, what the likelihood of this volume filling with water?
The bolts are secured into the boat and a few attach the pods and platform together from my memory.

The rigging has what looks like a water tight rubber gasket.

Last edited by UCF; 12-06-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 AM
  #235  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando/Maggie Valley
Posts: 3,023
Received 875 Likes on 493 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cwhite6 View Post
From the manufacturer in his other build thread:
The center console, powered with a pair of Evinrude G2 200s and aluminum trailer is 99K. I believe the average boat will end up around 120K to 130K by the time it's tricked out with T-Top, electronics, etc. We also factory rig with Mercury.
? The center console on the website is really stripped down if it’s what is shown in the pictures. Decent electronics will be close to $20k installed, hard top $10-15, windlass, dive ladder, lighting, seating, outriggers, rod holders, washdowns, combing pads etc. I still bet $160k rigged nicely.

Maybe UCF will weigh in.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:08 AM
  #236  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by billablehours View Post
Folks,

I’m not raining on anybody’s parade but options to get a boat to the level of even a reasonable basic boat with a top, coolers, electronics, wash down and helm seating adds tens of thousands of dollars. Start adding additional seating, quality electronics, hardtop, live wells, head, extra rod holders, lighting and any custom touches can add up even quicker. I can see $160k plus pretty easy if you set the boat up nicely. I would love to hear from the manufacturer.

Options from the website

Alum. T-Top with canvas and 4 rod holders
Fiberglass hard top
Alum. leaner seat with backrest
Fiberglass leaner seat with built-in baitwell

Saltwater washdown
Freshwater washdown with 9-gal tank
Stern seating
High tech coolers
Hull color (sides)
Hull color (entire hull)
Custom electronics package
Trailer

Magic Tilt - All welded aluminum, tandem axle with brakes
Spare tire
Billable,

It's like building a semi custom home. Sure the 100k price is starting point. I can see someone spending 160k, but I also can see someone spending 120 to 130 and have a nice big boat. Its whatever tastes and needs you have.

For instance I'm adding Llebroc seats to mine. Obviously they aren't cheap and adds $$$ to the bottom line. But taco is also making seats now, the ones they make for sportsman boats are nice and 1/3 of the cost of the ones I'm getting.

Even if you go all out and you spend what I am. I'm getting a brand new boat from a stand up guy exactly how I want it. And the pricing is excellent, I looked around before I pulled the trigger with Eastward.

When the boat is done, I would love for you to stop by on the way to your keys house. It will be in Key Colony Beach. And we both live in Orlando I think.

Thanks for writing in.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 AM
  #237  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Just started following this. My biggest concern for my next boat is weight. I'm in the position of having a 2015 Expedition EL 2WD. Claimed towing capacity with a WDH is 9200 pounds, but that is really pushing it, I think. I currently tow around 8000 pounds (including gear, fuel, ice, trailer) for my 2001 Cobia WA (25 foot).

What do you think is the total weight on this boat, with 300 gallons of fuel, usual load of ice, gear, etc. and the trailer?

I might have to wait for a 25 foot version if they are planning on one.
Grey,

Once we weigh mine finished I'll post for you.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 AM
  #238  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando/Maggie Valley
Posts: 3,023
Received 875 Likes on 493 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
Billable,

It's like building a semi custom home. Sure the 100k price is starting point. I can see someone spending 160k, but I also can see someone spending 120 to 130 and have a nice big boat. Its whatever tastes and needs you have.

For instance I'm adding Llebroc seats to mine. Obviously they aren't cheap and adds $$$ to the bottom line. But taco is also making seats now, the ones they make for sportsman boats are nice and 1/3 of the cost of the ones I'm getting.

Even if you go all out and you spend what I am. I'm getting a brand new boat from a stand up guy exactly how I want it. And the pricing is excellent, I looked around before I pulled the trigger with Eastward.

When the boat is done, I would love for you to stop by on the way to your keys house. It will be in Key Colony Beach. And we both live in Orlando I think.

Thanks for writing in.
I definitely understand and I am not knocking the boats at all. They look very nice and it’s great to work with a good builder you trust. It is just that people post information that gives the impression that a well equipped boat can be had for a price that is not realistic. Of course what people think is a well equipped boat is can vary greatly. It sounds like you are setting yours up very nicely.

Add some nice Gemlux outrigger bases and carbon fiber poles and the posted prices are blown much less nice electronics, dive ladder, seating, lights etc.

Now is is the time to set up your boat like you want it and I agree with you not to skimp. Add custom storage everywhere, a very nice dive ladder and lots of rod holders. Don’t forget a full cover. Don’t skimp now or you will regret it.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 AM
  #239  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,304
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by billablehours View Post


I definitely understand and I am not knocking the boats at all. They look very nice and it’s great to work with a good builder you trust. It is just that people post information that gives the impression that a well equipped boat can be had for a price that is not realistic. Of course what people think is a well equipped boat is can vary greatly. It sounds like you are setting yours up very nicely.

Add some nice Gemlux outrigger bases and carbon fiber poles and the posted prices are blown much less nice electronics, dive ladder, seating, lights etc.

Now is is the time to set up your boat like you want it and I agree with you not to skimp. Add custom storage everywhere, a very nice dive ladder and lots of rod holders. Don’t forget a full cover. Don’t skimp now or you will regret it.

I agree.

It's funny though, one of the deposits is going bare bones and wont have many upgrades. So they will be close to those figures. So I guess it just depends on needs and what you use it for.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 AM
  #240  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Big Pine Key/Orlando/Maggie Valley
Posts: 3,023
Received 875 Likes on 493 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
I agree.

It's funny though, one of the deposits is going bare bones and wont have many upgrades. So they will be close to those figures. So I guess it just depends on needs and what you use it for.
Between deposit and build it’s funny how things change. Lol
Likes:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.