Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Notices
The Boating Forum

Cat Build Thread: Eastward Boats presents the “Wild Knights”

Old 11-14-2018, 01:31 PM
  #201  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by paler View Post
This is key, thank you for your feedback. The previous brackets I had would splash each other as you mention, they had no diverter plates and some rough angles. It was a ridiculous amount of splashing to the power heads.

I would agree that the the parasitic drag is more likely to be negligible. Even more when you consider the benefits.

If running a "hydraulic tie bar" for steering, then it makes sense to clean up the swim platform and rigg via the brackets, so much cleaner. I just always have that water ingress doubt. Maybe because my old POS pods were always flooded and it has set in my mind.
post to this thread in a year and I'll tell you if there is any water
Old 11-14-2018, 02:29 PM
  #202  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Republic of Panama
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
post to this thread in a year and I'll tell you if there is any water
I will be monitoring this thread closely! Boat looks sick!!!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:30 PM
  #203  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,583
Received 1,134 Likes on 589 Posts
Default

Great build. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:51 PM
  #204  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by paler View Post
I will be monitoring this thread closely! Boat looks sick!!!
Thanks! It's like a newborn. Just wait until some of the personality starts to show up.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:50 PM
  #205  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Dry fitting fish box hatches

Old 11-26-2018, 06:54 PM
  #206  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
  #207  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Walk through transom is cut




I think Dave said the opening was 17". Maybe 19". Something around that
Old 11-26-2018, 07:02 PM
  #208  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Cap is on!!!

Likes:
Old 11-27-2018, 02:54 AM
  #209  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Jupiter, Fla
Posts: 746
Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Are those gas tanks aluminum? Why not go poly?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:43 AM
  #210  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 669 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Matt B View Post
Are those gas tanks aluminum? Why not go poly?
If we used poly tanks it would not give us the ability to change tank size per the customers needs. Each boat we build is custom and using FMT (Florida Marine Tanks) we can offer pretty much any capacity, within reason, that you want. The tanks are EPA compliant and constructed out of marine grade aluminum. Each tank is pressure tested then coated with epoxy. We install the tanks on poly strips, so they don't rest directly on the floor of the tank compartment. The tanks are not foamed in place and we do have a drain to prevent any chance of water being trapped in the tank compartment. Above the tank is a Removable Hatch, so if you ever did need access to the tank, NO SAW REQUIRED. Finally FMT uses WEMA fuel senders that are extremely reliable.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:10 PM
  #211  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location:
Posts: 138
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Will the tank fit through the hatch?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM
  #212  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 669 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chum slick View Post
Will the tank fit through the hatch?
Yes, it has to be rotated from its side to flat as it's lowered into the compartment and under deck edge.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:05 AM
  #213  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 228
Received 81 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

What is the volume of those in deck ice boxes? They are aft of the fuel tanks? Ie the ones that he is standing in?
Old 11-29-2018, 03:54 AM
  #214  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,757
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts
Default

The in deck ice boxes are in the back. In the 300 quart range each.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:49 AM
  #215  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 669 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lovey80 View Post
What is the volume of those in deck ice boxes? They are aft of the fuel tanks? Ie the ones that he is standing in?
Yes, aft of the fuel tanks. They will be plumbed to a macerator pump to discharge overboard. They are 399 quarts and insulated with 1.5" medium density foam core.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:41 PM
  #216  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,370
Received 503 Likes on 243 Posts
Default

Keep up the great work Dave! Looking forward to seeing the dual livewells with the walk through transom finished up. Any calcs on the size of the livewells for UCF yet?

Also, in your original build thread, I know you were asking for input on the console door, as to side entry vs front entry, but the Aussie derailed it and made it too long to follow as to what was decided. Any pics of that? Any room for a head in there? Is it possible to make the console taller to add some headroom in the console? Also, any possibility to add an step down access in the bow in one of the sponsons to maybe add a head in there?
Old 12-04-2018, 05:57 PM
  #217  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Smoke n Mirrors View Post
Keep up the great work Dave! Looking forward to seeing the dual livewells with the walk through transom finished up. Any calcs on the size of the livewells for UCF yet?

Also, in your original build thread, I know you were asking for input on the console door, as to side entry vs front entry, but the Aussie derailed it and made it too long to follow as to what was decided. Any pics of that? Any room for a head in there? Is it possible to make the console taller to add some headroom in the console? Also, any possibility to add an step down access in the bow in one of the sponsons to maybe add a head in there?
I know Dave was working something out with the head in the sponson for another customer, but the boat wasnt a cc. If you had to you could put a head in the console but it wouldn't be comfortable. I'm a big guy, so I would rather have a 5 gallon with a seat on the open deck

The door is on the side of the console. I'm going go to have a coffin box lounger infront of the console so door couldn't go there. If you wanted a front door access I'm sure Dave could do it no problem.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:19 PM
  #218  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,370
Received 503 Likes on 243 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UCF View Post
I know Dave was working something out with the head in the sponson for another customer, but the boat wasnt a cc. If you had to you could put a head in the console but it wouldn't be comfortable. I'm a big guy, so I would rather have a 5 gallon with a seat on the open deck

The door is on the side of the console. I'm going go to have a coffin box lounger infront of the console so door couldn't go there. If you wanted a front door access I'm sure Dave could do it no problem.
Thanks UCF, I am thinking of head for my daydream future career as a wannabe charter captain (I used to mate on sportfish, and it was a requirement for any families on board...ladies must have one). In the meantime, I will need one for my wife and for when the fuel dock breakfast burritos go through me. I have an enclosed head now, and I dont think I can not have one again.

How tall is that console? Seems like it could possibly be made a few inches taller if need be, maybe by adding some to the bottom possibly? Maybe with a forward door it can be crawled into? I dont know, guess would have to see in person, but was on a snorkel boat in Keys and they had one in a sponson, so thought maybe it could happen.

I am also looking forward to seeing your coffin box. Are you going to do any lounge seating/sun pad with back rest type? Is Easyward building it for you, or adding on from other source? Any “goodies” going in it? I always thought it would be cool to have a livewell up there for kite fishing along with a big ice hold.

Loving your build man, cant wait to see more pics!
Old 12-04-2018, 06:54 PM
  #219  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Smoke n Mirrors View Post


Thanks UCF, I am thinking of head for my daydream future career as a wannabe charter captain (I used to mate on sportfish, and it was a requirement for any families on board...ladies must have one). In the meantime, I will need one for my wife and for when the fuel dock breakfast burritos go through me. I have an enclosed head now, and I dont think I can not have one again.

How tall is that console? Seems like it could possibly be made a few inches taller if need be, maybe by adding some to the bottom possibly? Maybe with a forward door it can be crawled into? I dont know, guess would have to see in person, but was on a snorkel boat in Keys and they had one in a sponson, so thought maybe it could happen.

I am also looking forward to seeing your coffin box. Are you going to do any lounge seating/sun pad with back rest type? Is Easyward building it for you, or adding on from other source? Any “goodies” going in it? I always thought it would be cool to have a livewell up there for kite fishing along with a big ice hold.

Loving your build man, cant wait to see more pics!
I think it is big enough to work. Wouldnt be comfortable. I'll crawl in next time and see how much room there is.

Eastward is building the coffin box. Yes going to have a lounger.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:01 PM
  #220  
UCF
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orlando & Key Colony Beach
Posts: 1,269
Received 342 Likes on 220 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Smoke n Mirrors View Post


Thanks UCF, I am thinking of head for my daydream future career as a wannabe charter captain (I used to mate on sportfish, and it was a requirement for any families on board...ladies must have one). In the meantime, I will need one for my wife and for when the fuel dock breakfast burritos go through me. I have an enclosed head now, and I dont think I can not have one again.

How tall is that console? Seems like it could possibly be made a few inches taller if need be, maybe by adding some to the bottom possibly? Maybe with a forward door it can be crawled into? I dont know, guess would have to see in person, but was on a snorkel boat in Keys and they had one in a sponson, so thought maybe it could happen.

I am also looking forward to seeing your coffin box. Are you going to do any lounge seating/sun pad with back rest type? Is Easyward building it for you, or adding on from other source? Any “goodies” going in it? I always thought it would be cool to have a livewell up there for kite fishing along with a big ice hold.

Loving your build man, cant wait to see more pics!




Here is the size. I don't know the actual height. But you can figure what it would be like with a head. It is doable, but not comfortable.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.