Notices
Like Tree20Likes

Key West 263FS

Old 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM
  #21  
mgd
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 505
Default

Originally Posted by capg2000 View Post
... Not to be nit picky.... Please..... you DRIVE a Car, you PILOT a boat or an aircraft...
BUT yet you ARE!
mgd is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:17 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Ralls View Post
133000 at the mobile boat show this weekend. Included trailer, twin Garmin 10" screens, 200 Suzuki's
Was this $133,000 the discounted price or the MSRP and then another number for what you would actually pay? Boat industry as we all know is all over the place from no discount from MSRP (Robalo) to ridiculous 30% off deals even for some of the best brands like Grady, Whaler, Pursuit. Friend just bought a 2019 Grady for 27% off sticker. I find it frustrating as you just don't know what boat you can afford until you find out the real price. Yes, cars have sort of the same thing...but the range is usually more like 2-7% discounts.
Chimpo likes this.
Silvertt is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 45
Default

133 was the price they had listed on their sticker which was a discount off of the manufacturer's suggested retail pricing. I had him work me up a price with my trade he gave no additional discount off of the boat show price needless to say I didn't put any money on the Key West I'll put my money on a 28xs s Nautic Star and a 27-game fish Sea Hunt pending a sea trial of both boats to make my decision
Ralls is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:54 AM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Ralls View Post
133 was the price they had listed on their sticker which was a discount off of the manufacturer's suggested retail pricing. I had him work me up a price with my trade he gave no additional discount off of the boat show price needless to say I didn't put any money on the Key West I'll put my money on a 28xs s Nautic Star and a 27-game fish Sea Hunt pending a sea trial of both boats to make my decision
Don't forget the Sea Hunt 275 Ultra if looking for a more family friendly option. Basically GF27 but slightly less hard core fishing details.
NautiJon is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 08:12 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by Silvertt View Post


Harley - Did you get the boat? Interested to hear your impressions. Think they now have a max HP of 500 so new orders likely only with F250s which is still plenty of power for that boat I think.
I own it with 300's what would you like to know?
time_to_relax likes this.
laidback3 is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 04:53 AM
  #26  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by laidback3 View Post
I own it with 300's what would you like to know?
Cool, thanks for the response. I was looking for any performance data with the twin 300s. Not even sure it can be ordered that way anymore but curious anyway.
Silvertt is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 05:21 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by Silvertt View Post


Cool, thanks for the response. I was looking for any performance data with the twin 300s. Not even sure it can be ordered that way anymore but curious anyway.
best cruise is 34 mph at 2.4 to 2.6 mpg wot 59-65 mph depending on conditions. Hole shot non existent it's as fast as you can lay the throttles down. I don't fish in bad weather and 200s are fine but if you want to cut a couple of hours round trip to the Gulf steam, out run a t storm they can't compete. You aren't going to run wot most of the time but you aren't wearing down the engines at 3200 rpm going 34 at the same rate either. Plus there is the fun factor. Where are you boating out of?
laidback3 is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:46 AM
  #28  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 43
Default

That is really quick...pretty awesome speeds. Came really close on the KW 263 but I wound up ordering a 2019 Cobia 280 DC with the twin F250s as I really like the dual console layout for family and for weather protection when it is windy or a lot of chop. We do our boating around CT, so Norwalk / Westport, day trips over to Long Island. Possibly a longer trip over to Shelter Island or Block at some point.
Silvertt is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:51 AM
  #29  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC & Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,474
Default

Originally Posted by laidback3 View Post
best cruise is 34 mph at 2.4 to 2.6 mpg wot 59-65 mph depending on conditions. Hole shot non existent it's as fast as you can lay the throttles down. I don't fish in bad weather and 200s are fine but if you want to cut a couple of hours round trip to the Gulf steam, out run a t storm they can't compete. You aren't going to run wot most of the time but you aren't wearing down the engines at 3200 rpm going 34 at the same rate either. Plus there is the fun factor. Where are you boating out of?
One of these days I'm going to jump on for a ride.
laidback3 likes this.
time_to_relax is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 895
Default

Originally Posted by sclancy View Post
Sorry but I cannot take KW seriously so long as they have that circa 1992 website up...looks like they paid $600 for it back then. They seriously need to spend some $$ on marketing/branding and get a real website, professional pictures with professional models etc.
The new website is under development. Here is the working sample:

263FS | Key West Boats


Chimpo is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by Silvertt View Post
That is really quick...pretty awesome speeds. Came really close on the KW 263 but I wound up ordering a 2019 Cobia 280 DC with the twin F250s as I really like the dual console layout for family and for weather protection when it is windy or a lot of chop. We do our boating around CT, so Norwalk / Westport, day trips over to Long Island. Possibly a longer trip over to Shelter Island or Block at some point.
Cobia makes a good boat, make sure any floor doors are solid besides that it has great lines and a nice looking boat imho. Dual consoles don't sell as well down here, but the cap set up provides a whole lot of nice extras on DC's. The 263 with gull wings gives you an extra amount of coverage from the elements. It would have been much better served had it had an enclosure like the eveglades 255 with the wings but they don't listen to me. The 263 is more fishing friendly than the SH 27 ultra while still maintaining creature comforts. Enjoy your Cobia, post some pictures!
laidback3 is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 02:57 AM
  #32  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Merritt Island Fl
Posts: 566
Default

Is it just me or most center console becoming offshore pontoon boats?
baker2605 is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 06:48 AM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by baker2605 View Post
Is it just me or most center console becoming offshore pontoon boats?
Thats funny and somewhat true, as I see pontoon boats trying to be cc as well these days. I relate it to this, I was on a buddy's expensive hard core fishing CC in CHS once. He was entertaining 8 people on a 30ft boat and no one had a comfortable place to sit. Here you are with a $250k boat and eveyone prefers to stand for comfort which makes it hard to socialize or even plane out without causing discomfort. The 263 still doesn't really compromise fishing with an abundance of rod holders in the transom and two livewells while maintaing a creature comfort cap design. Compare this to the SH 27ultra I was disappointed to see it only included a single live well and lack of transom area rod holders. Although the interior setup was very creature comfort friendly and well thought out you have to give them an A+ for that.
laidback3 is offline  
Old 03-03-2019, 06:37 AM
  #34  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Default

Amazing what a little WordPress can do- new site looks great
jmackdaddy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread