Notices
Like Tree6Likes

2001 kencraft 235 value

Old 02-16-2018, 06:57 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
Default

I own a 2001 235 challlenger. W/ bracket I bought the boat with a 250 Johnson in the fall of 2015. I had all intentions of doing the same thing running the motor till it died. After a full season April- Dec here on Long Island. I decided to repower. The fuel burn was awful and the boat wide open would be lucky to see 35 mph with two guys gear and half tank fuel. I repowered March of 2017 with a new Suzuki 300df. All I can say it's a totally different boat. Gets up on plane much faster stays on plane lower rpms and top speed is 45 mph gps although I did see 47 once flat day alone. Pm me if you want I will give you my cell and can tell you anything you want to know. Good luck your gonna love it. It's a tank and by the way it's not the same as the 250 totally different hull. This is 24 degree dead rise 250 was 18 fuel burn at cruise 4000 rpms is 2.9 mpg and 9.70 gal per hr 29/30 mph.
Lone Ranger likes this.
retired2fish is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 07:00 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,876
Default

Man, what a tank! Tremendous hull.
rwmct is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 07:03 PM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 391
Default

This boat with twin 4 strokes needs 4 blades. Stern lift is a must.

With twin 225 Suzuki’s it’s a beast. Wet, but we’ve come home in some serious seas in this boat.
1 McKee is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 07:12 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
Default

1Mckee I was running a Powertech 4 blade with the Johnson ocean runner and it help for sure. Was contemplating a four blade on the Zuk but haven't done it yet as this 3 blade gets it up quick with all the power of the Zuke.
retired2fish is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 PM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
Default

The hull itself is not cored it is solid glass as I drilled almost a 3 in hole to install my thruhull transducer.
retired2fish is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
  #26  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 38
Default

I looked at that boat 2 weeks ago,very clean!started up on hose an motor didn't sound right,made a lower offer an walked! Hope it turns out for you! It is a real clean boat,will need new electronics and a new horse on back! Never did a moisture check on transom!
little slick is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 08:24 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Republic of DelMarVa
Posts: 351
Default

Sold mine with no power for more than that 2 years ago. Heavy solid boat, 40 kt is probably a stretch on a single 250. Huge 23’ boat. This one looks well cared for. Sounds like a steal to me.


Yellow Fever is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 09:40 PM
  #28  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,187
Default

I scheduled the survey. A few days before the survey, the seller (shop in Pompano beach) called me and said something was wrong with the motor and to cancel the survey until further notice. That was 2 weeks ago. I've called back a few times and got no response. Text once and they said the boat was still in the shop getting the motor checked out....

I'm thinking boat is already in someone else's possession at this point...

I had a signed contract and a deposit. Deposit was never cashed and I am out of the contract period now due to the delay.
acteg is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 03:05 AM
  #29  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Posts: 2,423
Default

Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Sold mine with no power for more than that 2 years ago. Heavy solid boat, 40 kt is probably a stretch on a single 250. Huge 23’ boat. This one looks well cared for. Sounds like a steal to me.


I remember this one the timing was bad for me, I wanted that boat bad!
Lone Ranger likes this.

Last edited by cummins28; 02-28-2018 at 04:29 AM.
cummins28 is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 08:19 AM
  #30  
HTJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 9,748
Default

Originally Posted by acteg View Post
I scheduled the survey. A few days before the survey, the seller (shop in Pompano beach) called me and said something was wrong with the motor and to cancel the survey until further notice. That was 2 weeks ago. I've called back a few times and got no response. Text once and they said the boat was still in the shop getting the motor checked out....

I'm thinking boat is already in someone else's possession at this point...

I had a signed contract and a deposit. Deposit was never cashed and I am out of the contract period now due to the delay.
Betcha 2 nickels it was sold to a cousin or such.

Heck do a drive by on the shop and see if it's there
HTJ is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 11:56 AM
  #31  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 695
Default

Originally Posted by HTJ View Post
Betcha 2 nickels it was sold to a cousin or such.

Heck do a drive by on the shop and see if it's there
Isn’t that like stalking an ex girlfriend?
mshugg is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:14 PM
  #32  
HTJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 9,748
Default

Originally Posted by mshugg View Post
Isn’t that like stalking an ex girlfriend?

Just less fun....maybe
HTJ is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 10:22 AM
  #33  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 169
Default Same boat new power and paint


Originally Posted by cummins28 View Post
I remember this one the timing was bad for me, I wanted that boat bad!

I was lucky enough to purchase it. The only thing I would change is fuel capacity. Wish it held another 50+ gallons.
cummins28 and TCBDawg like this.
dbabini is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 10:54 AM
  #34  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,187
Default

Just to close out this thread. I never head back from the dealer. They never cashed my deposit check.
acteg is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 01:18 PM
  #35  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Posts: 2,423
Default

Originally Posted by dbabini View Post




I was lucky enough to purchase it. The only thing I would change is fuel capacity. Wish it held another 50+ gallons.
Damn she's pretty, I like that blue a little better.
cummins28 is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 02:48 PM
  #36  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: westchester ny
Posts: 2,745
Default

Someone probably offered more.
phillipgo is offline  
Old 03-26-2018, 04:30 PM
  #37  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Posts: 74
Default

Or they read this thread and realized they could get more. You might have shot yourself in the foot.
Gross margin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread