Notices

Albemarle 260cc closed stern??

Old 09-09-2017, 08:33 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 172
Default Albemarle 260cc closed stern??

I'm on my way now to look at a 1999 albemarle 260 cc with closed stern and bracket with a 2014 Yamaha 250. What's the good and bad about them? Cruise speed? Wot? And fuel burn numbers? I'm kinda concerned that it's under powered for that size boat.
Nate926 is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:18 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,201
Default

Originally Posted by Nate926 View Post
I'm on my way now to look at a 1999 albemarle 260 cc with closed stern and bracket with a 2014 Yamaha 250. What's the good and bad about them? Cruise speed? Wot? And fuel burn numbers? I'm kinda concerned that it's under powered for that size boat.
I would think 2 250's would be about right.
Gary999 is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:58 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,990
Default

Originally Posted by Nate926 View Post
I'm on my way now to look at a 1999 albemarle 260 cc with closed stern and bracket with a 2014 Yamaha 250. What's the good and bad about them? Cruise speed? Wot? And fuel burn numbers? I'm kinda concerned that it's under powered for that size boat.
If it is the one for sale in Va. Beach, it is a 242 not a 262 with a Yamaha 250 on an Armstrong bracket. They advertised it as a 26, but it's a 242 just like mine. They said it was a 1999 with a newer 250. That is great power for a 24, if your boat is a 262, that's way under powered.

If it is the boat in Va. Beach, that is a very nice outboard powered 242 stored indoors and well maintained. I sent the broker an email and told them the boat they were advertising was a 242 not a 262.

Good luck, that 242 is a hell of a nice boat. Here is a photo of their advertised 26, but it's a 24.
Attached Images  
MilesExpress is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: FL., GA, CO, Utah, WA, depends. In CA now.
Posts: 9,173
Default

Have you ever tried hauling a 100 # Tuna aboard a closed transom boat?
solarfry is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:47 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 758
Default

Originally Posted by MilesExpress View Post
If it is the one for sale in Va. Beach, it is a 242 not a 262 with a Yamaha 250 on an Armstrong bracket. They advertised it as a 26, but it's a 242 just like mine. They said it was a 1999 with a newer 250. That is great power for a 24, if your boat is a 262, that's way under powered.

If it is the boat in Va. Beach, that is a very nice outboard powered 242 stored indoors and well maintained. I sent the broker an email and told them the boat they were advertising was a 242 not a 262.

Good luck, that 242 is a hell of a nice boat. Here is a photo of their advertised 26, but it's a 24.
Miles,

I'm glad that you noticed this I thought it was just me...............but was not sure why it was listed wrong or if I was making the mistake? I thought I had made a mistake once but it was just an error.
JAG III is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:01 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,990
Default

Originally Posted by JAG III View Post
Miles,

I'm glad that you noticed this I thought it was just me...............but was not sure why it was listed wrong or if I was making the mistake? I thought I had made a mistake once but it was just an error.

It sure is a nice set up with a very nice repower. Have a good one my friend
I know some may say well, it's 26 overall. It's a 24 Albemarle. The 26 Albemarle center console (262) is a beast. It is a big beast. Someone that wants a 26 (like me) doesn't necessarily want a 24 with a bracket. Actually I want the 268 Cuddy

Here's a 262 with outboards
Attached Images  
MilesExpress is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:53 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rudee Inlet
Posts: 1,498
Default

I know the broker and he invited me to check the boat out last week. It's in good shape and needs some cleaning up but other than that it looks good. He has owned many CC's including a 25 SeaVee so he knows how boats in that size range stack up. It was not fished much, mainly cruised. Looks like a good deal to me. If I get a chance to run it I will report back, always wanted to run one of these with a bracket. Fished on many Albe's and they are rock solid
other line is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 07:16 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location:
Posts: 973
Default

That 24 will run great with the 250 and will ride great, very solid and not underpowered unless you want to run 50 knots. You'll hear people say that's a wet hull but with a bracket/ouboard thay are not wet if you know how to run a boat.. That is a good deal, not many boats in that league you can buy for 28k.
scflats is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 07:19 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ridgeville, SC
Posts: 1,405
Default

Sound awesome.

The 24's are always being talked about for having good ride, but I don't care for I/O set ups. Wish these were more popular so they were not so hard to find. Rode on one 16-17 years ago and thought it rode well. This is only the 3rd one I've ever seen for sale.
high life is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 06:04 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 195
Default

Went and looked at it. Motor is a 2008, not sure why he said it's newer. Doubt it's under warranty
vant36 is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 06:14 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rudee Inlet
Posts: 1,498
Default

Originally came with a 225 Opti, repowered with that 250. Digital controls and I think 360 hrs?
other line is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:46 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 195
Default

Manufacturer sticker on motor says it's a 2008, listing say 2014 with warranty till 2019? So what's the deal????
vant36 is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by vant36 View Post
Manufacturer sticker on motor says it's a 2008, listing say 2014 with warranty till 2019? So what's the deal????
Mine was manufactured in 2007, but wasn't actually put into service and stamped as a year until 2009. Hence why it's classified as a 2009, but was built in 07.

This is most likely the case with yours as well.
1 McKee is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 01:03 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 195
Default

I can see a year or two, but six years?? Just doesn't add up
vant36 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread