Notices
The Boating Forum

Boat transport

Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Statesboro Ga
Posts: 525
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boat transport

Need to move a boat from Houston Tx to Statesboro Ga. boat is 21ft. Who the best?
Old 06-06-2017, 05:25 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,066
Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts
Default

Sub
Old 06-06-2017, 06:56 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 4,821
Likes: 0
Received 298 Likes on 162 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cred View Post
Need to move a boat from Houston Tx to Statesboro Ga. boat is 21ft. Who the best?
The best is:

Someone that will look after your boat all the way there
Someone that will make sure the antenna is stowed
Someone that will secure or remove loose canvas

I am sure there are more reasons.....

Good Luck
Old 06-06-2017, 06:57 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,484
Received 1,339 Likes on 635 Posts
Default

Your trailer or theirs?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:58 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 295
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

Joule Yacht Transport
http://www.jouleyacht.com/
Old 06-06-2017, 07:12 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

I have had easy transport to and from CT and FL with Rob Lee http://www.marinasandtransport.com/
Old 06-06-2017, 07:38 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

I bought a 31 Contender in Long Island NY back in August and had it shipped to Tampa FL. I was quoted thousands to have it shipped, however a buddy recommended U Ship below and I had it shipped the following week for $1,300 from NY TO TAMPA..... Take a picture of the boat and put info of it on the site. They bid on the shipping, and it only took a day for me to find my guy. The service was excellent. PM me for any additional info!

http://www.uship.com/LandingPages/cu...FUlNfgoduiANpA
Old 06-06-2017, 07:41 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southern California
Posts: 234
Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glc203 View Post
Joule Yacht Transport
http://www.jouleyacht.com/
+1
Old 06-06-2017, 07:42 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location:
Posts: 611
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Uship. Bobby Abshire. Brought mine from Mobile Al to Stuart Fl. Great guy and reasonable.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:03 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,661
Received 2,108 Likes on 1,541 Posts
Default

these threads come up weekly

http://www.thehulltruth.com/search.php

uship

pick someone legit and with many good reviews (read past threads here on how to double-check the company is legit, all the types of insurance they need, your insurance, etc)
Old 06-06-2017, 08:07 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location:
Posts: 4,445
Likes: 0
Received 646 Likes on 352 Posts
Default

Call caj man. I tried u ship and it was a mess
Old 06-06-2017, 09:24 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC & Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,616
Received 189 Likes on 129 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Webb View Post
I bought a 31 Contender in Long Island NY back in August and had it shipped to Tampa FL. I was quoted thousands to have it shipped, however a buddy recommended U Ship below and I had it shipped the following week for $1,300 from NY TO TAMPA..... Take a picture of the boat and put info of it on the site. They bid on the shipping, and it only took a day for me to find my guy. The service was excellent. PM me for any additional info!

http://www.uship.com/LandingPages/cu...FUlNfgoduiANpA
World Cat 290DC with no trailer... used Uship.com and got several quotes with a very wide range of prices. The company I chose worked out great at a fair price so I was very pleased in the end with the Uship.com service.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:29 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,661
Received 2,108 Likes on 1,541 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wangotango321 View Post
Call caj man. I tried u ship and it was a mess
why was it a mess?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:00 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mystery View Post
these threads come up weekly

http://www.thehulltruth.com/search.php

uship

pick someone legit and with many good reviews (read past threads here on how to double-check the company is legit, all the types of insurance they need, your insurance, etc)
I couldn't believe how easy it was. I had never shipped anything and my first time was a 70K purchase...
Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,661
Received 2,108 Likes on 1,541 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Webb View Post
I couldn't believe how easy it was. I had never shipped anything and my first time was a 70K purchase...
It is pretty easy!
Old 06-06-2017, 10:14 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,161
Likes: 0
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,651 Posts
Default

I used Ultimate Boat Transport to ship a Back Cove 29 from Kemah, Texas to Charleston, SC. I was very pleased with them. Boat arrived within one hour of the scheduled time and they used a trailer I could launch the boat from without having to use a Travellift, saving me $300 or so.
I tried UShip, but didn't have any luck finding a shipper through them. I ended up contacting folks that were based near where the boat was at the time. Ultimate met me at the yard where I was doing the boat haul out, took measurements, etc.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:47 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,484
Received 1,339 Likes on 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mystery View Post
why was it a mess?
My experience was a mess. Guy was supposed to show at 8am, I was out of town and had someone waiting, didn't get there until 6pm. Missed the delivery date by 2 days, didn't strap anything correctly and had to deal with some damage.

There are some good people on uship but there are plenty of averages dudes with big trucks on there.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:01 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,661
Received 2,108 Likes on 1,541 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
My experience was a mess. Guy was supposed to show at 8am, I was out of town and had someone waiting, didn't get there until 6pm. Missed the delivery date by 2 days, didn't strap anything correctly and had to deal with some damage.

There are some good people on uship but there are plenty of averages dudes with big trucks on there.
Did he have a good # of reviews and were they positive? Was it a joe schmoe or an actual shipping company? What was the name?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:14 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,484
Received 1,339 Likes on 635 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mystery View Post
Did he have a good # of reviews and were they positive? Was it a joe schmoe or an actual shipping company? What was the name?
Honestly I don't totally remember. This was 5 years ago. I know I selected him because he had better reviews than others who were bidding. I remember he had GPS on the trip and I thought Rhode Island was a heck of a detour when my pick up was in Maryland and drop off was in Florida.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.