Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

PERFORMANCE NUMBERS: 31 Renaissance Prowler 300 Evinrude G2 build thread

Notices
Like Tree74Likes

PERFORMANCE NUMBERS: 31 Renaissance Prowler 300 Evinrude G2 build thread

Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default 2017 31 Renaissance Prowler 300 Evinrude G2 build thread

I am going to share this build thread in conjunction with Track Junkie. His beautiful 31 is now out of the mold which has opened up my build slot. We are both building similar boats with Renaissance Prowler, except I have decided to power it with twin 300 G2 Evinrudes. Today was a big day! Hull was sprayed so the build is progressing along now full steam. Bill Ratlieff, the founder and owner of Renaissance Prowler has been a pleasure to work with in this process. He is thoughtful and a a keen listener and is always interested in ideas and suggestions. There are a few nifty upgrades in the 31 helm seat that are being incorporated into our builds.


I fish out of Hillsboro Inlet in Pompano Beach FL, and so the boat will be optioned for the type of fishing I do....sail fishing, deep drop day time sword, night time sword, trolling, Bahamas and Florida Keys runs.

Hull Color: Blue same as Mako My Day 42 C Monster "Pastel Blue"

Power: Twin Evinrude 300hp G2 colors to be determined

Hard top with wrap around aluminum piping with 9 slot rocket launcher

Twin rear transom mounted 4 slot rod holders

Leaning post with back facing seat cooler (same as 42). Lose 18 inches of cockpit, but gain large foamed in cooler with dual access hatches, custom upholstered rear facing bench with flip down arm rests and rod holders.

Twin Garmin 8212's MFDs with chip reader

Garmin GHP™ Reactor Hydraulic Corepack with SmartPump™

GMR Fantom™ 4 Doppler Open array radar

Flir MD-625 Thermal night vision

Airmar B275HLW 1 KW transducer

Garmin GSD 26 black box

Lee Sidewinder outriggers with 18 foot double-rigged Marsh Tacky carbon fiber telescoping poles

4 Hubbell Electric Plug receptacles with #6 wire: two aft and two stern

Battery Charging System

Marine Head w pump out in console

ICOM M400BB VHF w 8 foot antenna and stainless steel mount

No extending platform...recessed ladder on transom

3 sided poly-carbonate enclosure

Ultra Pump Switch Senior with high water alarms in port and starboard rear bilges linked to Rule 2000 GPH bilge pumps. Additional back up Rule 2000 GPH bilge pumps with Ultra Pump Switch Junior Float Switches

Windlass: Good 850 Rope Chain Windlass with 600 feet rode and rope

Twin Lumitec SeaBlazeX Spectrum Under water transom LED Lights

Gemlux screw less rod holders all around

4 Mate series round 15 degree combination cup and rod holders

Fell Marine wireless lanyard system

Fusion MS-UD650 Series Marine Entertainment System with Internal Uni-Dock
8 Speakers Polk Audio AA2652-A MM651UM 6.5-Inch Coax Ultra Marine
2 10 inch Polk Audio MM1040 Ultra Marine Sub Woofers and covers
2 JL Audio M700/5 Amplifiers

Regards,

Twice Blessed
Attached Images        

Last edited by TwiceBlessed; 12-22-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: UPDATED INFORMATION
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-04-2017, 06:56 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Here is the rod holder lay out. In addition to what is sketched in here, there are four additional mate series combination drink/rod holders. I will probably put two toward the bow and two towards the stern. Also, there will be a five slot installation on the top of the helm seat. Three zero degree gemlux holders for my deep drop bent but outfits and electric kite rods, and two drink holders in an X_0_X_0_X pattern.
Attached Images  
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-04-2017, 08:05 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Marco Island FL, N Canton OH
Posts: 400
Default

In for this one. Wonder what the price difference is between this and the new 36? Can't wait to see the economy with the G2's. Congrats!

You will love working with Bill. When I wanted a 25 but couldn't afford new he put me in touch with someone ready to sell. I bought it sight unseen and had the guy deliver it to Bill's shop where he did a refit stripping the bottom paint, glassing the helm panel, fixing all chips, etc. All of this before I even saw the boat. That is how much trust I had in him due to references/talking with him.

He then personally delivered it to me 200 miles away and even took me out to show me the best way to run it. Not sure I will ever own another brand after that.
TheBigWhit likes this.
cjlukens is online now  
Old 03-05-2017, 06:35 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by cjlukens View Post
In for this one. Wonder what the price difference is between this and the new 36? Can't wait to see the economy with the G2's. Congrats!

You will love working with Bill. When I wanted a 25 but couldn't afford new he put me in touch with someone ready to sell. I bought it sight unseen and had the guy deliver it to Bill's shop where he did a refit stripping the bottom paint, glassing the helm panel, fixing all chips, etc. All of this before I even saw the boat. That is how much trust I had in him due to references/talking with him.

He then personally delivered it to me 200 miles away and even took me out to show me the best way to run it. Not sure I will ever own another brand after that.

Wow. Now that's a testament to the Prowler family, and how much Bill cares about his customers and his brand.

Twice
LMorgan likes this.
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 07:00 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 4,745
Default

Heck of a build! Of course you had shared the diagram on the Prowler Facebook page but curious why no platform? I wouldn't remotely consider getting rid of mine. It is too handy, especially when someone gets a line in the motor. Super easy to get to them.
keithelder is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kenner La
Posts: 1,013
Default

Sounds like this will be a hell of a build. No shortage of options here. Why are you not adding the swim platform?
jesse james is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:31 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by keithelder View Post
Heck of a build! Of course you had shared the diagram on the Prowler Facebook page but curious why no platform? I wouldn't remotely consider getting rid of mine. It is too handy, especially when someone gets a line in the motor. Super easy to get to them.
I was offshore last weekend and a line got caught up in one of the props, I had to jump in and work it off the prop, it was nice and calm but chilly! It would suck in 3-4 chop and 62 degree water! No downside to the platform only upside in my opinion.
timingiseverything is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:38 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Sounds like this will be a hell of a build. No shortage of options here. Why are you not adding the swim platform?

My concern with the extended platform has to do with backing down on a fish. Or the other scenario when we are trying to keep the boat on a sea buoy in choppy seas catching bait, which is often easier by keeping the stern into the current and waves. Both scenarios would put that platform level if not below the water and act like a ramp for waves and water to enter the boat. Winter sailfish season here in SE Florida means fishing when the cold fronts push through, often in small craft advisories (within reason). Also, kite fishing and drifting in rough weather I would think that extended platform will "slap" alot.

Even without the swim platform, there is still a sizable platform behind the walk through transom. I do plan on putting handrails there.

Twice
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 12:38 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Jupiter, Fla
Posts: 695
Default

Man, They are jumping right into the next one. Congrats man!
Matt B is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,170
Default

Congrats, you are not going to be disappointed with the power and economy of the G2s!
Fatbill is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:35 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 4,745
Default

Originally Posted by Fatbill View Post
Congrats, you are not going to be disappointed with the power and economy of the G2s!
I think this is the most important part of this thread this is a first for Prowler as far as I know.
keithelder is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:52 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by keithelder View Post
I think this is the most important part of this thread this is a first for Prowler as far as I know.
It is indeed! This will be a first for Prowler and for me
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:56 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Palm City, Florida
Posts: 810
Default

Congrats, TB.
Welcome to the excitement!! Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Track Junkie is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 245
Default

Subscribed
Killula is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 05:55 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 8,685
Default

Nice man! Those g2s might be the ticket--cool build!
MakoMyDay is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 06:16 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 7,527
Default

congrats !!
nitro943 is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 07:10 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kenner La
Posts: 1,013
Default

Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
My concern with the extended platform has to do with backing down on a fish. Or the other scenario when we are trying to keep the boat on a sea buoy in choppy seas catching bait, which is often easier by keeping the stern into the current and waves. Both scenarios would put that platform level if not below the water and act like a ramp for waves and water to enter the boat. Winter sailfish season here in SE Florida means fishing when the cold fronts push through, often in small craft advisories (within reason). Also, kite fishing and drifting in rough weather I would think that extended platform will "slap" alot.

Even without the swim platform, there is still a sizable platform behind the walk through transom. I do plan on putting handrails there.

Twice
I understand your concern, but it is a non issue! When Keith came to pick up my boat, we fished 4 to 6' with the occasional much bigger wave. We had a double on wahoo In a following sea with zero water in the boat. We also backed up to rigs and no water in the boat. I am not saying it can't happen, but I don't think the swim platform would make a difference. The pluses outweigh the negatives. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by jesse james; 03-05-2017 at 07:24 PM.
jesse james is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:20 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Going to install something similar inside the boat to flush engines. G2s have flush tubes that can be run inside rigging tube....simple set up no more transom adventures
Attached Images  
Matt B and rrcg50 like this.
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by timingiseverything View Post
I was offshore last weekend and a line got caught up in one of the props, I had to jump in and work it off the prop, it was nice and calm but chilly! It would suck in 3-4 chop and 62 degree water! No downside to the platform only upside in my opinion.
Knock on wood (I know I'm jinxing myself here)...I've never had a fishing line get stuck in the props fishing, drifting, trolling, landing fish ect. The only time I've had a line/prop issue I was running back from a day offshore and was passing through a weedline. We were running near WOT and suddenly both motors stalled and the boat came to a halt. We had fouled both props in a six inch thick rope that was in the weedline.

I tied a rope around my waist and put a life jacket on, and jumped in behind the motors with a fillet knife. After about 30 seconds my buddies started yelling "SHARK, SHARK, SHARK". You've never seen someone cut a line free as fast as I did...I was scared sh😂Tl😜Ess.

I'll think about the platform.

Twice
TwiceBlessed is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:37 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 464
Default

These are the same buddies who bring screws offshore on trips and secretly drop them on the deck or in the cockpit...."Hey cap where does this screw come from?"

Twice
TwiceBlessed is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread