Notices
Like Tree396Likes

Invincible Cat?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:34 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 247
Default Invincible Cat

I'll go ahead and start the inevitable thread. There have been numerous references to Invincible building a catamaran...presumably to tap into the Freeman/Cat revolution. Seems like smart business.

The rumor is a Michael Peters designed cat.

Anyone seen a rendering or have a rendering of the boat?

Anyone know when they intend on unveiling this boat (if it exists at all)?

Anyone put a deposit down on one?

Thanks
Gulf is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:36 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,324
Default

Very interesting...
FusionZ06 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:44 PM
  #3  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,302
Default

I think the question is what will Miami and Lauderdale look like in two years with seavinceabarker cats coming.
Sarasota Line X is online now  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:44 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 247
Default

I think so too. If these rumors are true, it will be good for those of us that are interested in a Freeman, but not interested in waiting three years for it to be on the lift. Peters designs a pretty boat too.
Gulf is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:47 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by Sarasota Line X View Post
I think the question is what will Miami and Lauderdale look like in two years with seavinceabarker cats coming.
Ten years from now, I really do think that the canals of Miami that currently are filled with high-end mono-CCs will look completely different. It will look more like Sydney, Australia and Aukland, NZ with all of the cats.

Someone needs to get ahead of the wave and start a business dedicated to cat-lifts in South Florida.
Gulf is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:53 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
Default

I just got a 33 built , I asked about them building a cat . The answer I got was no those are just rumors , but my gut tells me they are hiding something in the building across the street
Lucky007 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:55 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the Flats
Posts: 7,185
Default

Originally Posted by Lucky007 View Post
I just got a 33 built , I asked about them building a cat . The answer I got was no those are just rumors , but my gut tells me they are hiding something in the building across the street
I love the, "those are just rumors" responses. LOL

If you are not building a CAT you say, "Hell NO!"

I think they left the door wide open with that comment.

Last edited by Flatout71; 09-15-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Flatout71 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:59 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 40
Default

I agree I think at the very least they have toyed around with the idea and have some renderings
Lucky007 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 02:27 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 247
Default

Originally Posted by Lucky007 View Post
I agree I think at the very least they have toyed around with the idea and have some renderings
If they don't one of the other big boys should because the market is ripe for a comparable boat to a Freeman (I know, I know - Prowler). Invincible, SeaVee, Yellowfin, Seahunter...one of these outfits with the cash flow and build capacity needs to get into the cat market fast.

Prediction...if Invincible (or one of the others) does this with any degree of success, you will see the others quickly get into the market as well.
Gulf is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 02:59 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
If they don't one of the other big boys should because the market is ripe for a comparable boat to a Freeman (I know, I know - Prowler). Invincible, SeaVee, Yellowfin, Seahunter...one of these outfits with the cash flow and build capacity needs to get into the cat market fast.

Prediction...if Invincible (or one of the others) does this with any degree of success, you will see the others quickly get into the market as well.
That would be great for consumers as that market can use some more choices.
carbidemanfishing is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 02:59 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Broussard, LA
Posts: 1,264
Default

I could've sworn there was a pic of it posted here a while back from someone. Maybe Rod27 but I'm not positive. It was a good looking sled from what I remember. There is also a huge possibility that I dreamt this whole thing up in my sleep. I hope not though.
SaltyRhino is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 05:31 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 875
Default

Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
If they don't one of the other big boys should because the market is ripe for a comparable boat to a Freeman (I know, I know - Prowler). Invincible, SeaVee, Yellowfin, Seahunter...one of these outfits with the cash flow and build capacity needs to get into the cat market fast.

Prediction...if Invincible (or one of the others) does this with any degree of success, you will see the others quickly get into the market as well.
The thing about is, the majority of the builders you named are backlogged months to over a year and they build well over a 100 boats a year. Freeman isn't touching that, one reason why theres such a backorder for them. If they were building a 100 a year and still had a year wait then your talking. Lets see in 10 years if theres one down every canal.
land crab is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 05:37 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Leon, Texas
Posts: 69
Default

Do y'all really think Australia and New Zealand are ahead of the curve of the USA on boat design if so grab your shoulders
davy1959 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:04 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 975
Default

Originally Posted by land crab View Post
The thing about is, the majority of the builders you named are backlogged months to over a year and they build well over a 100 boats a year. Freeman isn't touching that, one reason why theres such a backorder for them. If they were building a 100 a year and still had a year wait then your talking. Lets see in 10 years if theres one down every canal.
Is Invincible really producing 100 boats a year? I can see Yellowfin, Contender, and Sea Vee produce that many because they have a lot of models.
doughboy361 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:06 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 975
Default

I have heard Barker working on a cat hull. If it's true the fit and finish going to be top notch.
doughboy361 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:09 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,324
Default

Originally Posted by doughboy361 View Post
Is Invincible really producing 100 boats a year? I can see Yellowfin, Contender, and Sea Vee produce that many because they have a lot of models.
I heard they do about 80 boats a year.

Back when I bought my Canyon Bay they were selling about 10 boats a year.
FusionZ06 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 875
Default

Originally Posted by doughboy361 View Post
Is Invincible really producing 100 boats a year? I can see Yellowfin, Contender, and Sea Vee produce that many because they have a lot of models.
I'm pretty sure they're close to it, I know Yellowfin, Sea Vee, and Contender are closer to 200. I was just lumping them together.
land crab is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: ms gulf coast
Posts: 982
Default

Freeman has certainly set the bar very high, I'd be interested to see what it does to the market but it would have to be a hell of a boat.
jhuffman228 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:42 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,252
Default

Originally Posted by jhuffman228 View Post
Freeman has certainly set the bar very high, I'd be interested to see what it does to the market but it would have to be a hell of a boat.
Boat sales are close to 200K per year, 20 to 100 boats a year is peanuts .
tuna921 is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:45 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 573
Default

Successful companies adapt to what the market demands. If the market wants more cats, then it's likely we will see more cats from reputable builders.

Think about how Nor-Tech entered the "fishy" center console market...
MuddyMO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread