Notices
Like Tree396Likes

Invincible Cat?

Old 08-02-2017, 02:46 PM
  #1401  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
Probably because when people post private things, he thinks they are sleazy. He would never do that.
Come on now......Inquiring minds want to know

If you tell us hear,we won't tell anyone else !!
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM
  #1402  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,281
Default

I don't know .....I was told about it a week or 2 ago from another friend in the boat selling business and we both agreed shit happens to all the boat companies. Glad Freeman took care of it.....the 42 is relatively new so I'm sure they are learning from it.
Rod27 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:00 PM
  #1403  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 937
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
I think it's pretty clear that I'm a v-hull guy but I deal in high end auto insurance 9-5. When we get a high end car involved in an accident or even a tire blow out. Before it goes on the flat bed the licence plates come off and more often than not we cover it. I don't care if there was a massive tire failure or they hit a wall drunk, we do it for all of them.

As odd as this sounds motors have fallen off. I saw it happen on a 5 hour old Everglades Bay boat....I did not get a photo because I was the one who towed it in. Here is another high end boat with an incident....



Good on Freeman for getting it in and getting it fixed. Hopefully they learned what the issue was and it doesn't happen again. If motors start falling off all of them I will lead the pitch fork mafia.
This is a ten year old boat! . Keep Intrepid out of this.
latebraker is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:03 PM
  #1404  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,276
Default

Originally Posted by latebraker View Post
Keep Intrepid out of this.
Not picking on Intrepid....here's a Midnight too

Leeroyjenkins is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:08 PM
  #1405  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Key Largo
Posts: 300
Default

Originally Posted by centerconsolenut View Post
Hammer, why do you care? I guess playing with your orchards has you feeling a bit irrelevant. You talk a lot of BS, that's for sure
ME? Talk BS? Oh come on now. I may talk a little bit and I'm sure I push some buttons but the buttons I'm pushing are designed to do just that. Now, as far as the "orchards". I guess spelling wasn't one of your best classes in grade school. The correct spelling is "ORCHIDS". But thanks for caring about me. I'll think of you every time I push some more buttons.

Hammer
Cosgrove is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:20 PM
  #1406  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 280
Default

LOL... it took 10 of the latest wasted pages to get to some new info in this thread. I was about to stop checking in but this 'nugget' has got me interested again.

So, whats the story on the 42'?
ecpsup is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:20 PM
  #1407  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
I don't know .....I was told about it a week or 2 ago from another friend in the boat selling business and we both agreed shit happens to all the boat companies. Glad Freeman took care of it.....the 42 is relatively new so I'm sure they are learning from it.
Well it is one thing if an engine falls off due to bolt failure or improper mounting. If it breaks off the transom due to structural damage of the hull , that would not be good.

If it's the latter, a recall on a boat should be made.

I am sure Freeman is working on it and standing up to whatever issue it is. Funny Invincible launches it's first Cat. I am sure they have kinks to work out too. The Freeman engineers on here have beat it from bow to stern. Interesting !!

The tide always turns.
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:28 PM
  #1408  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: OCNJ
Posts: 778
Default

I heard it was a major problem with the flux capacitor ......please everyone run away so I can get my boat quicker ....
Kidzdent is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:28 PM
  #1409  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC & Beaufort, NC
Posts: 1,492
Default

The only thing that can resurrect a conversation about the Invincible Cat at this point is for some pictures (preferably video) in this thread, or the http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...cat-lives.html thread or perhaps a new thread. We appear to have a dozen sets of loose lips in the West Wing of the WH, but we can't get any decent updates on the this new boat. Truly amazing!
time_to_relax is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:30 PM
  #1410  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 536
Default

Originally Posted by tuna921 View Post
If it breaks off the transom due to structural damage of the hull , that would not be good.

If it's the latter, a recall on a boat should be made..
Hmmmm thus the reason why it was "snuck away in the middle of the night back to SC"?

Would love to hear the full story of this 42 because I am freshly out of popcorn
TUNAHUNTER197 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:30 PM
  #1411  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by time_to_relax View Post
The only thing that can resurrect a conversation about the Invincible Cat at this point is for some pictures (preferably video) in this thread, or the http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...cat-lives.html thread or perhaps a new thread. We appear to have a dozen sets of loose lips in the West Wing of the WH, but we can't get any decent updates on the this new boat. Truly amazing!
Here is my new build......Glides over everything....Bimini in 30 min.
Attached Images  
Drobish and TheBigWhit like this.
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 PM
  #1412  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by TUNAHUNTER197 View Post
Hmmmm thus the reason why it was "snuck away in the middle of the night back to SC"?

Would love to hear the full story of this 42 because I am freshly out of popcorn
Me too........ Hope it wasn't this but,I would assume it wasn't
Attached Images  
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:40 PM
  #1413  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 975
Default

My buddy F37VH had a leaked sea chest. They sent a new one right away. I guess he shouldn't buy another Freeman. All I know any issues on the boat Freeman stand behind there product.
doughboy361 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:49 PM
  #1414  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by doughboy361 View Post
My buddy F37VH had a leaked sea chest. They sent a new one right away. I guess he shouldn't buy another Freeman. All I know any issues on the boat Freeman stand behind there product.
I don't think anywhere ever stated, Freeman doesn't stand behind their boats. Sounds like they do a great job.

People are now curious, if Freeman transoms are having issues. Seems like only half the story has been told so far.

We are searching for The Hull Truth..
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:54 PM
  #1415  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,276
Default

Originally Posted by Cosgrove View Post
ME? Talk BS? Oh come on now. I may talk a little bit and I'm sure I push some buttons but the buttons I'm pushing are designed to do just that. Now, as far as the "orchards". I guess spelling wasn't one of your best classes in grade school. The correct spelling is "ORCHIDS". But thanks for caring about me. I'll think of you every time I push some more buttons.

Hammer
How did you get the nickname Hammer? I want a nickname. Everyone...from now on....call me T-Bone.

boatruptcy and time_to_relax like this.
Leeroyjenkins is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:55 PM
  #1416  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Hillsboro Inlet
Posts: 2,264
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
How did you get the nickname Hammer? I want a nickname. Everyone...from now on....call me T-Bone.

Nope......XBox.....Some strict mod will back me up....
tuna921 is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 04:00 PM
  #1417  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,276
Default

Originally Posted by tuna921 View Post
Nope......XBox.....Some strict mod will back me up....
Ha you better hope I keep practicing that Xbox...what do you think makes me such a skilled drone pilot.

Leeroyjenkins is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 04:02 PM
  #1418  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SWFLA
Posts: 1,694
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
How did you get the nickname Hammer?
Pretty sure he was born with it.
SneakAttack likes this.
Eye8atoad is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 04:11 PM
  #1419  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 325
Default

They need to have a gripe forum. It would be the busiest place on the forums. It would also make it easier to navigate the boating threads.

Last edited by dspencer; 08-02-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: clean it up
dspencer is offline  
Old 08-02-2017, 04:47 PM
  #1420  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28 27.429'N. 89 51.154'W
Posts: 950
Default

Originally Posted by dspencer View Post
They need to have a gripe forum. It would be the busiest place on the forums. It would also make it easier to navigate the boating threads.
What fun would that be, I like to get home, sip a tottie drink and catch up on whose boat is playing wide receiver for the Patriots this year.

Good clean family internet fun.
Drobish is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread