Notices
Like Tree396Likes

Invincible Cat?

Old 07-29-2017, 04:41 PM
  #1181  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,363
Default

I don't think it's fair to judge just based on pictures. Plus everybody is so accustomed to the big, pronounced, strong invincible/yellowfin bow. The Freeman follows suit. The bow of this cat is a little more subdued. But I don't really care. I only care about the ride. I may have said that before.
Rod27 is offline  
Old 07-29-2017, 06:20 PM
  #1182  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bluffton, SC
Posts: 573
Default

Originally Posted by coastalfiberglass View Post
As far as looks go, freeman wins in my opinion
I agree. I thought for sure the Invincible would have really sexy lines. I think the Freeman & Prowler look much better from the outside. Now if Prowler would just fix there damn hard top!
stevenjlang is offline  
Old 07-29-2017, 06:31 PM
  #1183  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the Flats
Posts: 7,221
Default

Originally Posted by oldbrowndog View Post
yamaha rounds up! we've run so many times when yamaha boat shows 1.4mpg vs 1.2mpg avg on verado's only to get to the fuel dock where both boats take the same amount of fuel. I'd be curious how this boat does w/f350s and quad v350s.
Mercury Vessel View digital gauges have roughly a 10% safety factor in flow rate. So if they show your at 30 GPH you are most likely at 27ish. They try to help everyone get back to the dock....despite themselves.
Flatout71 is offline  
Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 PM
  #1184  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Most State in the US
Posts: 1,126
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
Do u speak from any experience? No reason to bash on an Invincible thread
I'd take it as a compliment
If I was comp that is
noanoa is offline  
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 PM
  #1185  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,111
Default

Originally Posted by MIskier View Post
They are offset...which points to it being an a-symmetric design rather than a symmetrical design like the Freeman. Very Interesting development!
Motors are not offset, see the instagram video posted, the liwells also look angled on the video, it's the camera lens....
JoseG is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 04:25 AM
  #1186  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,126
Default Technology

Potatoe chip No
Technically advanced composite and lay up schedule yes
It was our goal to build a boat that would weigh loaded what the others weigh light
Jim accomplished that
And we believe we accomplished this without sacrificing ride quality
I have never heard my (brand x) rides bad until I load 3000 lbs of gear and ice in it
I will line up next to anyone in a head sea to compare
This boat is very solid no shake shimmy or shudder here


QUOTE=centerconsolenut;10514397]That thing is a patato chip.[/QUOTE]
Jassman likes this.
raysmith is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 04:58 AM
  #1187  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 5,073
Default

I will be flying in on Thursday with one of our customers to sea-trial and look over the new cat. I'm excited to see how it holds up against the competition, cats or monos. It looks like the fit and finish will hold true to Invincible's standards and it sounds like the performance will too. If seawolff says it rides like his 42', then I think that Invincible has a winner. The economy and speed seems to be right in line with a boat of its size. It is 40' long and 12' wide, and I'm assuming it weighs 14-15k pounds unloaded.

I'll post a review along with any pictures and information that I can. I know how manufacturers can want to keep certain things confidential, and I respect that.
Jassman and TheBigWhit like this.
davidwademarine is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:28 AM
  #1188  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Key Largo
Posts: 301
Default

It should be interesting at the Ft Laud Boat show. Freeman will have their 37 and their 42 while Inv will have their 40. It'll be rough I'm sure. We'll see which one heads off shore. With all the cell phone vid's, we shall see just how good it is in rough water. I mean lets be honest, who cares how fast it is when it's calm? There's another boat co. that's motto was "Let the ride decide". Freeman will have it's groupies, Inv will have theirs. A smart buyer will ride them both on the same day. Each boat will have it's pro's and con's. I personally don't listen to people that are in bed with either, I make my own decision. A couple of years ago there was a race down here in Miami called the "Grove Slam". I would LOVE to have all the cats show up for a "CAT FIGHT". Have all the manufacturers show up with a boat with a T top and the same power...say Merc 350's, that way someone wouldn't show up with a stripped down hull with nothing more than a center console. Each OWNER of the company would have to run his own boat, NO professional drivers, just one owner vs another. Send your best boat. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose. Comp, Prowler, Freeman, Inv, SH and any other boat mfg that wants to risk the fame vs embarrassment. Heck, I say do it before the Miami Boat show, that way all of them have their kinks worked out and there's no excuses. The video would be all over the web and they could use it to bring potential customers in. They wouldn't have the excuse "It's too expensive to go all the way to Miami to do it" when they're already here. What do you guys think?
Cosgrove is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 AM
  #1189  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Floaters
Posts: 6,167
Default

Originally Posted by oldbrowndog View Post
yamaha math? how is 51gph and 48mph 1.0mpg?

hype exceeds end product imho.
There is no hype (if there is, please link to it). The manufacturer left this thread because he didn't want to hype something he didn't have dialed in yet.

You guys are comparing the Invincible's first couple runs on its first cat to dialed in Freemans. Hardly a fair comparison.

This is exactly what the manufacturer wanted to avoid, but THT won't allow it. Invincible wants to dial the boat in before THT prints its marketing materials for their new cat.

1/3 of this thread is interested in the new build, but 2/3 of it wants to damn it before it gets out of the gate to prop-up their Freeman's resale value and touted superiority in the marketplace. In fact, there are likely more posts in here by people with Freemans about Freemans than there are about the Invincible cat. Understandable, I guess, if they view the Invincible as some kind of threat to their Freeman.
midcap and AlreadyThere like this.
Miss Trial is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:50 AM
  #1190  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,343
Default

Originally Posted by Miss Trial View Post
There is no hype (if there is, please link to it). The manufacturer left this thread because he didn't want to hype something he didn't have dialed in yet.

You guys are comparing the Invincible's first couple runs on its first cat to dialed in Freemans. Hardly a fair comparison.

This is exactly what the manufacturer wanted to avoid, but THT won't allow it. Invincible wants to dial the boat in before THT prints its marketing materials for their new cat.

1/3 of this thread is interested in the new build, but 2/3 of it wants to damn it before it gets out of the gate to prop-up their Freeman's resale value and touted superiority in the marketplace. In fact, there are likely more posts in here by people with Freemans about Freemans than there are about the Invincible cat. Understandable, I guess, if they view the Invincible as some kind of threat to their Freeman.
no hype? go read some of bigwavedave's comments if they haven't been deleted - about how it doesn't look like a cat. about how awesome it will be. From live well to coffin box it's lines.. I'm not talking about performance -it seems in line with others even with the BS yamaha rounding on economy. I'm talking about what appears to be a very nicely finished (something Freeman is not but they are getting better) high off the water box with a t-top and other parts that look like they were designed for a different boat. I expected something more - as we were told it would be - along the lines of the current INV line with nice lines and fishing focused. I was excited to see this boat but less excited now. I was hoping for more. I want to see someone try to leader a fish off this thing. Perhaps there are foot straps under the gunnels.....
Smokeyr67 likes this.
oldbrowndog is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:54 AM
  #1191  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,922
Default

We all want the boat to go as fast as it can, sip as little fuel as possible and ride in the rough smoothly. I am very happy to see all these new cats being developed. Cats will only get better because of it.
If I saw this boat and the Freeman side profile with no stickers on side, I am not sure I could tell the diff.
It's hard to tell by the pics, are the Inv sponsons asym?
PlasmaMan954 likes this.
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:00 AM
  #1192  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Floaters
Posts: 6,167
Default

Originally Posted by oldbrowndog View Post
no hype? go read some of bigwavedave's comments - about how it doesn't look like a cat. about how awesome it will be. From live well to coffin box it's lines. I'm not talking about performance
OK. But I replied to a thread specifically about performance.
Miss Trial is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:00 AM
  #1193  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,363
Default

Originally Posted by Flatout71 View Post
Mercury Vessel View digital gauges have roughly a 10% safety factor in flow rate. So if they show your at 30 GPH you are most likely at 27ish. They try to help everyone get back to the dock....despite themselves.
I have never ever heard this before.....any evidence?
Rod27 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:02 AM
  #1194  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,363
Default

Originally Posted by Miss Trial View Post
There is no hype (if there is, please link to it). The manufacturer left this thread because he didn't want to hype something he didn't have dialed in yet.

You guys are comparing the Invincible's first couple runs on its first cat to dialed in Freemans. Hardly a fair comparison.

This is exactly what the manufacturer wanted to avoid, but THT won't allow it. Invincible wants to dial the boat in before THT prints its marketing materials for their new cat.

1/3 of this thread is interested in the new build, but 2/3 of it wants to damn it before it gets out of the gate to prop-up their Freeman's resale value and touted superiority in the marketplace. In fact, there are likely more posts in here by people with Freemans about Freemans than there are about the Invincible cat. Understandable, I guess, if they view the Invincible as some kind of threat to their Freeman.
Around 1mpg at around 45-50 is good. Let's put a proper T-top and radar/outriggers/windshield and see some numbers.
Rod27 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:07 AM
  #1195  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,343
Default

Originally Posted by Miss Trial View Post
OK. But I replied to a thread specifically about performance.
naw - the yamaha math always gets me - it's their marketing game. I was commenting on the economy and the overall looks. this thread is on the invincible cat - NOT just performance.

I had been anxiously waiting on this boat and kinda ho-hum after seeing it is all i meant. I'm one who got a quote on a Freeman over a year ago but couldn't get comfy with the wait time. I am excited about seeing more cats that can come to market faster.
oldbrowndog is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:13 AM
  #1196  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,458
Default

Originally Posted by Miss Trial View Post

1/3 of this thread is interested in the new build, but 2/3 of it wants to damn it before it gets out of the gate to prop-up their Freeman's resale value and touted superiority in the marketplace. In fact, there are likely more posts in here by people with Freemans about Freemans than there are about the Invincible cat. Understandable, I guess, if they view the Invincible as some kind of threat to their Freeman.
Nah there more non Freeman owners talking about how this boat is going to be better than freeman and cut way into their market share than the two you mentioned combined. But the largest number of people are just people like me who love boats and even if they could never afford a boat like this from any manufacturer love to see awesome boats hit the water.
Jassman likes this.
N2theblue is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:24 AM
  #1197  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: OCNJ
Posts: 784
Default

Originally Posted by oldbrowndog View Post
no hype? go read some of bigwavedave's comments if they haven't been deleted - about how it doesn't look like a cat. about how awesome it will be. From live well to coffin box it's lines.. I'm not talking about performance -it seems in line with others even with the BS yamaha rounding on economy. I'm talking about what appears to be a very nicely finished (something Freeman is not but they are getting better) high off the water box with a t-top and other parts that look like they were designed for a different boat. I expected something more - as we were told it would be - along the lines of the current INV line with nice lines and fishing focused. I was excited to see this boat but less excited now. I was hoping for more. I want to see someone try to leader a fish of this thing. Perhaps there are foot straps under the gunnels.....
Could not agree more.....I'm on Freeman's waiting list but I love Invicible monos and there 36 was on my short list....I was excited to see the cat but very disappointed at the pictures.....I'll wait til FLIBS to make sure I'm not missing anything but not going to fly out anytime sooner to check it out.....
AlreadyThere likes this.
Kidzdent is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:34 AM
  #1198  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the Flats
Posts: 7,221
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
I have never ever heard this before.....any evidence?
I personally have measured this as being true on a few different boats I have ran with Merc VV gauges.

Propbender has stated the same and he runs through a lot more fuel than I do with his quad Merc Nortechs. I have spoken with Merc engineers at shows and they will say the flow rates are "conservative" for safety reasons. There are options buried on Merc VV garages to manually increase the fuel burn to eliminate the safety margin if one wishes to do so.
Flatout71 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:50 AM
  #1199  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,363
Default

Originally Posted by Flatout71 View Post
I personally have measured this as being true on a few different boats I have ran with Merc VV gauges.

Propbender has stated the same and he runs through a lot more fuel than I do with his quad Merc Nortechs. I have spoken with Merc engineers at shows and they will say the flow rates are "conservative" for safety reasons. There are options buried on Merc VV garages to manually increase the fuel burn to eliminate the safety margin if one wishes to do so.
With all the engine and fuel burn stats now also shown on Simrad/Garmin electronics, is it obviously different than what the Mercury vessel view says?
Rod27 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 AM
  #1200  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the Flats
Posts: 7,221
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
With all the engine and fuel burn stats now also shown on Simrad/Garmin electronics, is it obviously different than what the Mercury vessel view says?
On Merc engines if the flow rate / engine economy numbers are being put into the NMEA network by a VV gauge or Merc Gateway the Garmins/Simrads are just displaying the Merc data so all the data will be the same absent someone installing a separate piece of hardware to track fuel burn via a separate flow device.
Flatout71 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread