Notices
Like Tree2538Likes

THT Great Deals Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 12:41 PM
  #3261  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 499
Default

Originally Posted by one wolf View Post
I've been watching this thread for a year waiting for the 3000yds of 60# braid deal. How long must I wait?
if you like Spiderwire or Berkeley, or Stren, you can call (800) 374-7158 ext. 8080, Fisherman’s Factory Outlet, and ask them if they have some on the shelf. The store is across the street from where they make it in IA and they don’t list their entire inventory online. I got a 3000yd spool of Berkeley Big Game 50# mono for under 100 bucks when I was out there last year. They were selling it cheap because test breakage was around 68#
Thunderyacht is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:45 PM
  #3262  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salter Path
Posts: 1,675
Default

I said GD this thread delivers!
one wolf is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 02:01 PM
  #3263  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
Default

I am Marry, guys how to upgrade my profile, any advise?
Marry is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 04:40 PM
  #3264  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 587
Default Boatowner's Mechanical & Electrical Manual

This book gets mentioned periodically on THT as the bible.

I have had it in my Amazon cart for over a year at $46. It recently went to $20 so I bought it and it just came in.

Wow. Over 900 pages, fine print, no fluff. Awesome resource and bargain IMO...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071790330/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071790330/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sullivan504 and C3D like this.
jvitiel is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM
  #3265  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,111
Default

Thanks for the book tip. Just ordered. Looks like a solid reference book.
dannyroche is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 PM
  #3266  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 633
Default

Book ordered. Thanks for the post.
Ar15bang is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 PM
  #3267  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 230
Default

I ordered the book. Figured I might as well for $20. Thanks.
Muddyrubberduck is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:43 PM
  #3268  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 192
Default

Originally Posted by jvitiel View Post
This book gets mentioned periodically on THT as the bible.

I have had it in my Amazon cart for over a year at $46. It recently went to $20 so I bought it and it just came in.

Wow. Over 900 pages, fine print, no fluff. Awesome resource and bargain IMO...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

book ordered! Thanks for the post!
mhinkle90 is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 AM
  #3269  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 558
Default

80 qt. Cascade Rotomold coolers at Costco for $167. Here’s the deal tho. I can’t find it on the Costco website and the Cascade website says “coolers coming soon”. I found them on eBay but the Ebay versions have wheels and two accessories. Those are selling for $289 but a list price of around “$400”

I have nothing to do to do with cascade and only happened to walk past one and looked it over. I figured for that price it’s worth a shot. After getting it home I am considering getting another one.

not sure if they will be around for that price for a while and it looked like they only had around 10 at my location. I’m thinking they are trying to get their foot in the door and are using Costco. If anyone had any input let us know since I still have my receipt lol
Surreel Life is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:39 AM
  #3270  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 699
Default

Originally Posted by raybark View Post
Gonna order a set of binoculars, several bottles of Deck Cleaner and Boat Wash. I get any more rods and reels the GF will castrate me (Already have 23 rod/reel combos anyway)
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:47 AM
  #3271  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by mhinkle90 View Post
got mine


book ordered! Thanks for the post!

got mine
SanibelBryan is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 04:57 AM
  #3272  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 980
Default

Originally Posted by Surreel Life View Post
80 qt. Cascade Rotomold coolers at Costco for $167. Here’s the deal tho. I can’t find it on the Costco website and the Cascade website says “coolers coming soon”. I found them on eBay but the Ebay versions have wheels and two accessories. Those are selling for $289 but a list price of around “$400”

I have nothing to do to do with cascade and only happened to walk past one and looked it over. I figured for that price it’s worth a shot. After getting it home I am considering getting another one.

not sure if they will be around for that price for a while and it looked like they only had around 10 at my location. I’m thinking they are trying to get their foot in the door and are using Costco. If anyone had any input let us know since I still have my receipt lol
I see the 75L (= 80 qt.) but not for $167. That would be a heck of a deal.
anonymous_coward is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:15 AM
  #3273  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Gump88 View Post
Subscribed
cool!
REEL NAUTI167 likes this.
panamakid is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 08:57 AM
  #3274  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,196
Default

Originally Posted by anonymous_coward View Post
I see the 75L (= 80 qt.) but not for $167. That would be a heck of a deal.
It's 199 at my local store, looks very well made.
smccormick is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM
  #3275  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 558
Default

Originally Posted by smccormick View Post
It's 199 at my local store, looks very well made.
mid this is the case I’ll def. be going back today to get the sec
Surreel Life is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM
  #3276  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 558
Default

If it’s different prices at different stores I’ll def go back to get the second one before they realize their mistake!!!!
Surreel Life is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:22 AM
  #3277  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 5,807
Default

The Costco Easter egg hunt is really exciting but Why not just buy an RTIC?
sullivan504 and orchiddj like this.
crazybeard is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 01:47 PM
  #3278  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,196
Default

Because the costco one is 80q for $199 and looks to be good quality and the rtic is 65 for $239.

Last edited by smccormick; 05-17-2018 at 07:42 AM.
smccormick is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:18 PM
  #3279  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 26
Default

Ryobi days at Home Depot started today. Buy 2 18V / 3 amp batteries and charger for $99 and get pretty much any 18V Ryobi power tool for free. I picked up an 18V impact driver which is normally $79 by itself.
50eggs is offline  
Old 05-16-2018, 02:53 PM
  #3280  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: orange beach al
Posts: 672
Default

Anybody have an experience with the West Marine beanbags that will be on sale
moneyeater is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread