Notices

Nor-Tech 392 in Action!!!!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange Beach
Posts: 715
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post


Quad 627's on yours pleaseeee

Why buy 1 motor when you can purchase 4x 400Rs go faster and get better fuel economy! Not to mention those Monsters weigh 1200LBS each!!!
tater75 is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 08:30 AM
  #42  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,325
Default

Originally Posted by tater75 View Post
Why buy 1 motor when you can purchase 4x 400Rs go faster and get better fuel economy! Not to mention those Monsters weigh 1200LBS each!!!
Because 400x4= 1600

627x4= 2508

and YOLO
Leeroyjenkins is online now  
Old 09-29-2015, 09:28 AM
  #43  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,462
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post


Quad 627's on yours pleaseeee

God Damn!!!
THE BARRACUDA is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 AM
  #44  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 4,523
Default

Originally Posted by scflats View Post
Pretty boat, post pics when you put some fish on the deck!
Here is a video of a tournament winning fish on her deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=h5_zYsImQR4

Here are a few pics of tournament winning fish recently caught aboard "Off the Grid" (392 Nor-tech in photos). 1st place tuna in the MBGFC Billfish Limited tournament, and 2nd place tuna in the MBGFC Labor Day tournament
Attached Images    
propbender24 is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami, Fl / Key Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by propbender24 View Post
Here is a video of a tournament winning fish on her deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=h5_zYsImQR4

Here are a few pics of tournament winning fish recently caught aboard "Off the Grid" (392 Nor-tech in photos). 1st place tuna in the MBGFC Billfish Limited tournament, and 2nd place tuna in the MBGFC Labor Day tournament
You're living the life.
SandroLakeandBay is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 03:18 PM
  #46  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 4,523
Default

Originally Posted by SandroLakeandBay View Post
You're living the life.
Thank you! I am truly blessed to have experienced such wonderful times.
propbender24 is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 09:43 PM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 853
Default

That's me in the yellow shirt with that 148 lb beast in my lap (that's my person best tuna) and let me tell you that boat rides like no other boat on the market! Every trip out I find a few more reasons to fall in love with the 392 superfish. All you need is one ride in a sloppy windy mess and you will become a believer! And you can order one with A/C in the console and vents at the helm to keep you cool when you are running! If you want to see an example of engineering for a purpose have a look at the seachest system they have in these boats to keep the water flowing to the live wells and tuna tubes that come standard!
ashcreek is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 09:58 PM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 975
Default

Originally Posted by ashcreek View Post
That's me in the yellow shirt with that 148 lb beast in my lap (that's my person best tuna) and let me tell you that boat rides like no other boat on the market! Every trip out I find a few more reasons to fall in love with the 392 superfish. All you need is one ride in a sloppy windy mess and you will become a believer! And you can order one with A/C in the console and vents at the helm to keep you cool when you are running! If you want to see an example of engineering for a purpose have a look at the seachest system they have in these boats to keep the water flowing to the live wells and tuna tubes that come standard!
For a good comparison what other boat brand have you fished on?
doughboy361 is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 06:29 AM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 853
Default

Doughboy I have fished regularly in a 12 foot aluminum skiff and a paddle board regularly as well as a 16 ft canoe. That should pretty much give me all the credentials I need.

Seriously though I am not worried about impressing you with my credentials. I grew up on boats my grandfather owned a marina on the long Island sound in Connecticut and my father worked for the experimental fiberglass division for Chris craft. So to say I have grown up and spend the majority of my time on the water when not at work would be an understatement. If you are questioning the layout or quality of my comments simply call propbender and go for a sea trial and let the boat speak to my feedback. Even a novice can ride on that boat and see the difference.
ashcreek is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 06:45 AM
  #50  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,325
Default

I think Doughboy had a valid question. When it comes to the big tournaments you tend to see the same boat brands highly represented. I have met Chris and been on a few Nortechs and have been impressed by their layout. I have never been in one underway but would love to chance to take one fishing. However, I am not in the position to purchase one at the moment so the only skin I have in the game is my curiosity. Whenever I have the opportunity to fish on larger tournament boats I always take note to what I like and don't like so when it's my turn to build I know right where to leave my check.

Originally Posted by ashcreek View Post
Doughboy I have fished regularly in a 12 foot aluminum skiff and a paddle board regularly as well as a 16 ft canoe. That should pretty much give me all the credentials I need.
I would hope the Nortech would out preform those
Leeroyjenkins is online now  
Old 10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
  #51  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 4,523
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
I think Doughboy had a valid question. When it comes to the big tournaments you tend to see the same boat brands highly represented. I have met Chris and been on a few Nortechs and have been impressed by their layout. I have never been in one underway but would love to chance to take one fishing. However, I am not in the position to purchase one at the moment so the only skin I have in the game is my curiosity. Whenever I have the opportunity to fish on larger tournament boats I always take note to what I like and don't like so when it's my turn to build I know right where to leave my check.



I would hope the Nortech would out preform those

You have to know ashcreek (Stuart) to understand his post was for comic relief. I am not sure all of the boats he has fished over the years, but I also can't think of a major brand that he hasn't fished on.

Last edited by propbender24; 10-01-2015 at 06:31 AM.
propbender24 is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
  #52  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Amant, La
Posts: 641
Default

Chris,

The boat looked great. I was staying at the Turquoise Place last weekend and saw you out there cutting up. I could hear the props barking from the balcony.


Jay
JayLeto is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 06:36 AM
  #53  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,325
Default

Originally Posted by propbender24 View Post
You have to know ashcreek (Stuart) to understand his post was for comic relief. I am not sure all of the boats he has fished over the years, but I also can't think of a major brand that he hasn't fished on.
I got it I was just giving him a dose of my humor

You going to be at the lauderdale show this year?
Leeroyjenkins is online now  
Old 10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami, Fl / Key Largo, Florida
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
I got it I was just giving him a dose of my humor

You going to be at the lauderdale show this year?
Yes. Was going to ask this, will there be a 340 or 390 to water test? But a real sea trial unlike the run we went on in MIBS with the quad 400 rig.
SandroLakeandBay is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 AM
  #55  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 4,523
Default

Originally Posted by Leeroyjenkins View Post
I got it I was just giving him a dose of my humor

You going to be at the lauderdale show this year?
Originally Posted by SandroLakeandBay View Post
Yes. Was going to ask this, will there be a 340 or 390 to water test? But a real sea trial unlike the run we went on in MIBS with the quad 400 rig.
I will be at the Lauderdale show. I am not sure what we will have for sea trial. However, we should have a 390 and 392 for sea trial in Miami.
propbender24 is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:27 AM
  #56  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,325
Default

Originally Posted by propbender24 View Post
I will be at the Lauderdale show. I am not sure what we will have for sea trial. However, we should have a 390 and 392 for sea trial in Miami.


If you have the 392 at FtL and room for me to sit on the swim platform for a ride, let me know.
Leeroyjenkins is online now  
Old 10-03-2015, 08:39 AM
  #57  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 4,523
Default

Originally Posted by JayLeto View Post
Chris,

The boat looked great. I was staying at the Turquoise Place last weekend and saw you out there cutting up. I could hear the props barking from the balcony.


Jay
Hey Jay,

We were definitely having some fun. You must have had a great view from Turquoise.
propbender24 is offline  
Old 10-04-2015, 04:54 AM
  #58  
THT Sponsor
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 757 VB
Posts: 805
Default

Awesome boats! How does one do with 350's, 300's and 400's
vyper340 is offline  
Old 10-04-2015, 05:10 AM
  #59  
THT Sponsor
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 757 VB
Posts: 805
Default

Great soundtrack on the video. Need the playlist..
vyper340 is offline  
Old 10-06-2015, 03:11 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange Beach
Posts: 715
Default

Originally Posted by vyper340 View Post
Awesome boats! How does one do with 350's, 300's and 400's
Faster and better fuel economy
tater75 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread