Notices
Like Tree207Likes

The new compmillennia 39 cat

Old 07-02-2016, 07:04 AM
  #1401  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,937
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
Fuel burn at 40 with 400 gal fuel descent load 1.5 mpg with a 20.5 Eco
Trying a set of 19 eco's this weekend
Trying to optimize 30-45 mph with a heavy load
Propping for top end is much easier

Ray, that's impressive. How many hours on the motors and how are you liking the 350 Merc's...
Save
Jassman is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 09:39 AM
  #1402  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CA & San Carlos, Mx
Posts: 20,656
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
Fuel burn at 40 with 400 gal fuel descent load 1.5 mpg with a 20.5 Eco
Trying a set of 19 eco's this weekend
Trying to optimize 30-45 mph with a heavy load
Propping for top end is much easier
Do you need to carry that much fuel on a day boat? Should you be testing it with that much extra weight?
Bullshipper is online now  
Old 07-02-2016, 09:54 AM
  #1403  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,124
Default

I'm testing it heavy just for grins and when we run out to the loop
No it's not necessary for most
Typical beach run or reef only 80-90 gal on board
Then your getting 1.7 to 2.0 mpg
raysmith is online now  
Old 07-02-2016, 10:09 AM
  #1404  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,124
Default

Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Ray, that's impressive. How many hours on the motors and how are you liking the 350 Merc's...
Save
37 hrs to date
The 350 's seem very powerful and torque
Very quite super smooth the steering is one finger
Shifting is super smooth
Trying some smaller props this week
19 Eco just showed up
FS Bravo 22 on their way
Trying to find the best midrange prop
40- 55 mph seems to be the hulls sweet spot
20.5 eco's work good at these speeds
I will let u know my findings
One thing I've learned is you don't know until you try it
raysmith is online now  
Old 07-02-2016, 11:05 AM
  #1405  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,916
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
37 hrs to date
The 350 's seem very powerful and torque
Very quite super smooth the steering is one finger
Shifting is super smooth
Trying some smaller props this week
19 Eco just showed up
FS Bravo 22 on their way
Trying to find the best midrange prop
40- 55 mph seems to be the hulls sweet spot
20.5 eco's work good at these speeds
I will let u know my findings
One thing I've learned is you don't know until you try it
Interesting. The bravo 22 will prob be too much prop, it was harder to turn on my boat than the Eco 21
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 11:18 AM
  #1406  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,281
Default

Originally Posted by Bullshipper View Post
Do you need to carry that much fuel on a day boat? Should you be testing it with that much extra weight?
Most people complain when folks test boats that are bone dry and light. I would hardly consider the above EXTRA weight.
Rod27 is offline  
Old 07-02-2016, 02:11 PM
  #1407  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CA & San Carlos, Mx
Posts: 20,656
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
Most people complain when folks test boats that are bone dry and light. I would hardly consider the above EXTRA weight.
With 400 gallons Ray has a 600 mile range which is a lot for a day boat. I would think that 300 miles would be good for most trips, and the 240 extra gallons is an extra 1600 lbs.

But Ray might be testing by himself without all the people and gear, so the extra fuel weight could be intentional to give him final weight with crew, gear and fuel
Bullshipper is online now  
Old 07-02-2016, 05:09 PM
  #1408  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,124
Default

The Bravo 22 is a lot less prop than the eco 20.5
We turned FS Bravo 24 running light fuel load 2 men 70.4 mph
I have a used set of Bravo 22 that ran 65 with 400 gal fuel
The ECO's hook up better until 5000 rpm then the Bravo,s pull ahead in speed versus RPM
I want to see the difference between the FS bravo and the standard bravo
The FS is designed for more bow lift which this hull does not need
The step performs as designed
raysmith is online now  
Old 07-03-2016, 08:21 AM
  #1409  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,937
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
The step performs as designed



Save
Save
Save

Last edited by Jassman; 07-03-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Jassman is offline  
Old 07-03-2016, 08:38 AM
  #1410  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,916
Default

The bravo 1 I ran was not a fs. Must be a big difference in fs and non
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 07-03-2016, 08:45 AM
  #1411  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,937
Default

http://www.mercuryracing.com/bravo-i-fs/
Jassman is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 03:01 PM
  #1412  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Otseg View Post
With the number of Sport Fisherman sinking recently, towing a Flats Skiff with full flotation behind you on a passage from Puerto Rico to Caracas like in the pictures might be a reason to have one. Also your crew can fish while you are back at work.
Hey Otseg, I believe I now own that 189 Egret in the pic with the Black Marlin. Bought in 2007 from the owners that had it on top of a big Hatteras.
MUTTONMAN is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 05:41 AM
  #1413  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Miami Fl / Washington NC
Posts: 2,029
Default

Originally Posted by MUTTONMAN View Post
Hey Otseg, I believe I now own that 189 Egret in the pic with the Black Marlin. Bought in 2007 from the owners that had it on top of a big Hatteras.
I fish vicariously through the exploits of my customers. That skiff was originally fitted with the "new" four stroke Honda 90 some 20 years ago. It had no torque until you hit 4,000 RPM but it didn't stop the owners from making some epic trips over-loaded up with crew and dive gear too.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Otseg; 07-06-2016 at 05:52 AM.
Otseg is offline  
Old 07-07-2016, 05:20 AM
  #1414  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 134
Default

Let's get back on track with some photos, video, or maybe start a build thread on hull#2. Hard to keep up my addiction to this thread w/ no new material.
wsh023 is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 AM
  #1415  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Miami Fl / Washington NC
Posts: 2,029
Default

"Lightspeed 1188" #2 has some interesting tweaks (not twerks) to the arrangement plan to fit the needs of the next owner. We are benefiting from the tooling developed for Ray's boat and are in process of building further molds to gain efficiency in time and cost to future builds.

It seems I own a few short aerials now, from moving Rays boat in and out of our low old building, so we have 90 more ft of new building going up next week, most significantly with a 23' inside height.
Otseg is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 AM
  #1416  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Otseg View Post
I fish vicariously through the exploits of my customers. That skiff was originally fitted with the "new" four stroke Honda 90 some 20 years ago. It had no torque until you hit 4,000 RPM but it didn't stop the owners from making some epic trips over-loaded up with crew and dive gear too.
Yes Sir, It had a Honda 90 when I bought it. I have re-powered since with a 175 Etec. Great boat!
MUTTONMAN is offline  
Old 07-08-2016, 05:26 PM
  #1417  
Senior Member
 
Barnacled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lower, AL
Posts: 5,183
Default

Originally Posted by MUTTONMAN View Post
Yes Sir, It had a Honda 90 when I bought it. I have re-powered since with a 175 Etec. Great boat!
Nice upgrade
Barnacled is offline  
Old 08-04-2016, 04:25 AM
  #1418  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 134
Default

Any updates?
wsh023 is offline  
Old 08-06-2016, 05:33 PM
  #1419  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,124
Default

Just came back from 2 weeks in Big Pine
All I can say is its a Beast
we fished or Dove everyday
It is the Driest boat I have ever been on
Lobstered during mini season
fished the atlantic which sucked Dolphin are GONE
fished the gulf side scored on cobia and permit
consistently got 1.5 mpg
raysmith is online now  
Old 08-06-2016, 07:36 PM
  #1420  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
Just came back from 2 weeks in Big Pine
All I can say is its a Beast
we fished or Dove everyday
It is the Driest boat I have ever been on
Lobstered during mini season
fished the atlantic which sucked Dolphin are GONE
fished the gulf side scored on cobia and permit
consistently got 1.5 mpg
Not the 2.0 mpg you were hoping for but its very good considering what you are running. That thing must be a lot of fun!
carbidemanfishing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread