Notices
The Boating Forum
Like Tree207Likes

The new compmillennia 39 cat

Old 09-17-2015, 08:42 PM
  #361  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stuart, FL
Posts: 1,873
Default

Those hulls look (slice through waves like butter) sharp. I'm far from a boat builder so excuse the possible ignorant question but I imagine buoyancy will be the trade-off. With such a relatively light hull, do you anticipate draft off plane to be particularly sensitive to operator load? Another way to ask the question. What's the anticipated draft light vs. loaded with 6 adults, full fuel, livewells, ice et cetera?
AlreadyThere is online now  
Old 09-17-2015, 09:48 PM
  #362  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

Originally Posted by stevenjlang View Post
One of the catamaran boat manufactures needs to sit down & design a kick ass trailer that lowers the boat while underway. I've had my boat only for a few months & im on my 3rd Simrad HALO...

Everytime I trailer the boat I have to take the radar antenna off...yeah it sucks

That does suck. Triple axle trailers sit lower than dual. I opted for dual axles with G rated tires b/c I thought less tires and bearings/breaks are a good thing. No regrets there. I used to have to do the same issue with clearance though. I had a local guy fab this flip down mount for my open array radar on my boat. When I trailer, I just flip it down. When it's on the lift I just leave it bolted in place.

Name:  602386C2-CF6D-4B1E-8683-C42BC2C24403_zpsetpph7mv.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  196.5 KB
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:29 AM
  #363  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,131
Default

Originally Posted by AlreadyThere View Post
Those hulls look (slice through waves like butter) sharp. I'm far from a boat builder so excuse the possible ignorant question but I imagine buoyancy will be the trade-off. With such a relatively light hull, do you anticipate draft off plane to be particularly sensitive to operator load? Another way to ask the question. What's the anticipated draft light vs. loaded with 6 adults, full fuel, livewells, ice et cetera?
Anticipated draft is 12"-14"
The added waterline length of the Compmillennia design negates the loss in bouyancy
raysmith is offline  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:33 AM
  #364  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Port Charlotte
Posts: 1,131
Default

Originally Posted by Otseg View Post
"Topless Numbers" means different things to different folks. At least as far as Jassman is concerned.
Obviously a Snapper trip
raysmith is offline  
Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 AM
  #365  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,672
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
Anticipated draft is 12"-14"
The added waterline length of the Compmillennia design negates the loss in bouyancy
Hmmm, with that draft it needs a trolling motor on the bow, . Can you imagine trolling some shallows past some small flats boats in this thing?
scott_gunn is offline  
Old 09-18-2015, 07:38 AM
  #366  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 10,476
Default

Originally Posted by Riptide31 View Post
That does suck. Triple axle trailers sit lower than dual. I opted for dual axles with G rated tires b/c I thought less tires and bearings/breaks are a good thing. No regrets there. I used to have to do the same issue with clearance though. I had a local guy fab this flip down mount for my open array radar on my boat. When I trailer, I just flip it down. When it's on the lift I just leave it bolted in place.

that's really neat
midcap is offline  
Old 09-18-2015, 09:04 AM
  #367  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

It's functional and one way of doing it. With the open array, it takes two people to flip up or down. With a dome, I think I could do it myself.
I originally saw this on a boat on my way home from work. I had to get a pic of his to show my fabricator......bout ran over two or three people to get the pic. But as y'all understand, it was fishing/boats, so it was worth it.
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 06:05 AM
  #368  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,993
Default

Originally Posted by MakoMyDay View Post
I'll take that bet. That's with a proper ttop--no bs topless numbers. If it gets that y'all deserve a case of beer.

You are on Mako..Bet Taken Buddy....I'm starting to feel a little thirsty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JckN_oc0us0

Mako..I think it said..Listen closely, right at the very end:... if you have the time, our boat's at your pier...year after year......something like that..lol

Compmillennia..the Champagne is clear..no Kool Aid here..extremely engineered..and Mako's going to owe me some Beer..

Last edited by Jassman; 09-19-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Jassman is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 06:50 AM
  #369  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 1,911
Default

By Jassman's signature, it sounds like he's getting 4-Mercury V8, V10, or V12 outboards.
boat22 is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 07:05 AM
  #370  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,993
Default

Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
Obviously a Snapper trip


lol you have that right...



think this will work...If Mercury can't give us the option...lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ejwRj9t1Q
Jassman is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 AM
  #371  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 1,911
Default

Great ad.
boat22 is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 07:51 AM
  #372  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

I like to see that guy with the trolling motor do that on a saturday at the port when there's a tournament and a good stiff cross wind. I doubt he'd be Mr Cool then.
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 AM
  #373  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CA & San Carlos, Mx
Posts: 21,068
Default

Originally Posted by boat22 View Post
Great ad.
Definitely.
Bullshipper is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:40 AM
  #374  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,993
Default

Originally Posted by Riptide31 View Post
I like to see that guy with the trolling motor do that on a saturday at the port when there's a tournament and a good stiff cross wind. I doubt he'd be Mr Cool then.


Maybe 1 off each sponson will help...LOL
Jassman is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:51 AM
  #375  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

maybe, but he'd still get cursed and someone would try to fight him for coming too close or hitting their boat. High entertainment value as long as none of the stuff is yours and it's not you.
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 12:20 PM
  #376  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Diamondhead, MS
Posts: 3,993
Default

Originally Posted by Riptide31 View Post
maybe, but he'd still get cursed and someone would try to fight him for coming too close or hitting their boat. High entertainment value as long as none of the stuff is yours and it's not you.


RIP..It was just a joke..We are wanting the Skyhook option..and I wish Mercury would do some more R&D and give us cat guys the same opportunity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezbjywGExc
Jassman is offline  
Old 09-19-2015, 12:50 PM
  #377  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

Sure, I realize that. Me too
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
  #378  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Miami Fl / Washington NC
Posts: 2,059
Default

The Joy stick control alone was never a consideration for Ray. He Knows how to drive a boat. with the engines on 8' center lines, I expect that from shift and throttle alone, it will spin like a top.

The sky hook feature was of interest. Mercury first did a pontoon boat for a VIP and the results were not satisfactory. One factor was that they bounce some thrust off the transom for positioning. With the catamaran tunnel there is no transom to direct the thrust.

TNT Marine in Miami is the only Mercury dealer authorized to fit and program Sky hook to be tailored to each model boat. TNT really preferred to rig a bare transom. I used to make race boat parts for them on occasion and there would be few better to rig our boat, but in Fountain Powerboat Land, Washington N.C.where they were rigging 10 Verado pairs or triples a week, we can manage.

I certainly feel that I was offered every consideration by Mercury to pursue Sky Hook, but was convinced it was not reasonable at the time.
Otseg is offline  
Old 09-20-2015, 10:29 AM
  #379  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,976
Default

I never really wanted the JS for maneuvering around docks but thought skyhook would be great for bottom fishing. At 12k though, I'll tote my own anchor.
Riptide31 is offline  
Old 09-21-2015, 06:06 AM
  #380  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 8,858
Default

Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
You are on Mako..Bet Taken Buddy....I'm starting to feel a little thirsty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JckN_oc0us0

Mako..I think it said..Listen closely, right at the very end:... if you have the time, our boat's at your pier...year after year......something like that..lol

Compmillennia..the Champagne is clear..no Kool Aid here..extremely engineered..and Mako's going to owe me some Beer..


By my estimation, to get 2@45 you'll have to be burning 22.5gph, or 11 gph per engine. 350 mercs do 11 @ 3900ish. So you have to do 45 at 3900. With a 6250 max, you'll need a boat that runs about 73 on twin 350s.

I'm gonna double down on your 100mph pilot house too. Another case of beer if you break 80mph, an entire keg of high life over 85.

And don't get me wrong---I hope like hell that you can do it, would be incredible. Hopefully beer's on me for a while..
MakoMyDay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread