Notices
The Boating Forum

Sea Hunt Boat Scupper Help

Old 02-06-2015, 01:19 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sea Hunt Boat Scupper Help

I have a 2005 Triton 202. The scupper system (see pictures) came out on one side. It is a rubber ring that sits in the exit at the transom with a "flapper" attached to it. I need both the ring and the "flapper." I spoke with Sea Hunt and they don't have them anymore. They sent me to Oracas Marine and TH Marine but preliminary results are they are not going to be able to help.

Needless to say, changing out the system is goint to be a PIA=$.

Thank you
Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2015, 01:21 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: S Jersey
Posts: 180
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Change the entire thru hull, it is easy. They are chrome plated plastic from the factory - replace all 3 of them, 2 scuppers and the 1 bait tank drain with this. http://www.fpmarine.com/product-p/m7-13-9005309-sh.htm

Rc
Old 02-06-2015, 01:25 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by GottaGo2 View Post
Change the entire thru hull, it is easy. They are chrome plated plastic from the factory - replace all 3 of them, 2 scuppers and the 1 bait tank drain with this. http://www.fpmarine.com/product-p/m7-13-9005309-sh.htm

Rc
So this is the one that will fit my boat? Seems like it would be a lot of work.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: S Jersey
Posts: 180
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That is what I used. It was easy, under each rear seat you can get to the hose to loosen the clamps. Make sure you you use plenty of sealant around the thru hull when you put it back in.

Rc
Old 02-06-2015, 01:35 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by GottaGo2 View Post
That is what I used. It was easy, under each rear seat you can get to the hose to loosen the clamps. Make sure you you use plenty of sealant around the thru hull when you put it back in.

Rc
Thanks RC. I figured they were installed with 5200 and would be a PITA. Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:16 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Halfmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,575
Received 515 Likes on 196 Posts
Default

I've replaced the rubber flapper on mine, my drains are metal/chrome.

Gemlux is the company that makes mine. Call and ask for Jerry, he's on THT sometimes and he might be able to help you repair it.

http://www.gemlux.com/



.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
I've replaced the rubber flapper on mine, my drains are metal/chrome.

Gemlux is the company that makes mine. Call and ask for Jerry, he's on THT sometimes and he might be able to help you repair it.

http://www.gemlux.com/



.
Thanks Halfmoon and hello to a fellow mid-bay boater!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.