Notices
View Poll Results: Best name to rename the boat with
Double Down
53.59%
Unsinkable
5.78%
Triple Threat
6.48%
Goes Down Easy
23.47%
Other(s)
11.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree19Likes

64' Viking with twin outboards....

Old 10-26-2013, 05:08 PM
  #861  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Palm Beaches Seven Seas
Posts: 1,317
Default

Originally Posted by C. Edmund View Post
double up is a good name...but it totally loses the gambling entendre - and the audacity angle - therefore is not as strong of a name. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a writer, but once I saw the name Double Down, I knew the name game was over even tho there are a number of really good suggestions. When it's right, you just know it.
It's like a punch line...if you have to explain it.....

And no, it wasn't my name suggestion....but this thread might go another 1000 pages and the best name will still be Double Down. There are a number of really good ones...
Double up or
Double down I just believe its better to be up for boats. A great story either way..It's up to the owner either way..
Dolphin Dave is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 05:34 PM
  #862  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 33
Default

Were going passed Merritt island as of 8pm and continuing on through the night again. We're trying to make st. Lucie by morning for a fuel stop and then carrying on. were nearing the end of this journey and can't wait to be home with friends and family again. We are still so amazed at how interested everyone is to see her make it after everyone in jersey was betting that we wouldn't make it past Lil egg harbor. This journey and adventure of ours has opened alot of eyes down the whole east coast and should show you that with will power and determination you can do anything. We will tell you about nems as asked and be answering all your questions over the next few days. We appreciate all the support from everyone on tht and we will keep posting locations for you. Also we are going to start a thread of the refit when we get her home.
NEMS Boatworks is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 PM
  #863  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern Neck, VA
Posts: 5,394
Default

congrats
almost
rocksandblues is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 05:39 PM
  #864  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boynton Beach , Fla
Posts: 3,180
Default

Originally Posted by NEMS Boatworks View Post
Were going passed Merritt island as of 8pm and continuing on through the night again. We're trying to make st. Lucie by morning for a fuel stop and then carrying on. were nearing the end of this journey and can't wait to be home with friends and family again. We are still so amazed at how interested everyone is to see her make it after everyone in jersey was betting that we wouldn't make it past Lil egg harbor. This journey and adventure of ours has opened alot of eyes down the whole east coast and should show you that with will power and determination you can do anything. We will tell you about nems as asked and be answering all your questions over the next few days. We appreciate all the support from everyone on tht and we will keep posting locations for you. Also we are going to start a thread of the refit when we get her home.
Well the refit thread will get a ridiculous amount of attention.....after what you guys are about to pull off....no doubt!.....if your pushing through you should be in palm beach sometime late tomorrow. I'm excited all over again! I'll be watching for you!! Almost there!
Superfishalpalmbeach is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 05:42 PM
  #865  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,850
Default

Originally Posted by NEMS Boatworks View Post
We are still so amazed at how interested everyone is to see her make it after everyone in jersey was betting that we wouldn't make it past Lil egg harbor.
Typical NJ DBs. You keep running. You guys are doing great!
OldPete is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 PM
  #866  
nsh
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,400
Default

Originally Posted by NEMS Boatworks View Post
Were going passed Merritt island as of 8pm and continuing on through the night again. We're trying to make st. Lucie by morning for a fuel stop and then carrying on. were nearing the end of this journey and can't wait to be home with friends and family again. We are still so amazed at how interested everyone is to see her make it after everyone in jersey was betting that we wouldn't make it past Lil egg harbor. This journey and adventure of ours has opened alot of eyes down the whole east coast and should show you that with will power and determination you can do anything. We will tell you about nems as asked and be answering all your questions over the next few days. We appreciate all the support from everyone on tht and we will keep posting locations for you. Also we are going to start a thread of the refit when we get her home.

Yeee Haaaa, a rebuild thread! Cannot wait to see it get started!!!! Good job so far guys! As a side not, this project really does prove that the OX66's are "bulletproof".
nsh is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 PM
  #867  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Union NJ
Posts: 164
Default

Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
Typical NJ DBs. You keep running. You guys are doing great!
NJ ppl suck... Wait whut?

Keep on steaming NEMS, final stretch. Can't wait to see the restoration thread. I wish history or discovery channels would do a documentary on the whole thing!
65aircooled is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 PM
  #868  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Park, NJ
Posts: 1,375
Default

Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
Typical NJ DBs. You keep running. You guys are doing great!
Typical FL db to make a generalization like that. Like it's crazy to think a boat that had massive damage from Sandy to its hull and running on prob under 1/5th its hp might have trouble making it to FL. I personally have been pulling for these guys from the beginning. As someone that lost a boat to Sandy it made me feel good to see such a beauty being saved. My boat wasn't worth saving but I kept it and stripped every last part off it myself before she went to her final resting place and I'm still not over it. I can't wait to see a build thread on this one. From the hull repairs that were made it sure looks like NEMS does outstanding work.
Good luck on the home stretch from a typical NJ DB.
81Malibu is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 08:22 PM
  #869  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boynton Beach , Fla
Posts: 3,180
Default

Originally Posted by 81Malibu View Post
Typical FL db to make a generalization like that. Like it's crazy to think a boat that had massive damage from Sandy to its hull and running on prob under 1/5th its hp might have trouble making it to FL. I personally have been pulling for these guys from the beginning. As someone that lost a boat to Sandy it made me feel good to see such a beauty being saved. My boat wasn't worth saving but I kept it and stripped every last part off it myself before she went to her final resting place and I'm still not over it. I can't wait to see a build thread on this one. From the hull repairs that were made it sure looks like NEMS does outstanding work.
Good luck on the home stretch from a typical NJ DB.
Coming from a transplanted New Yorker, I concur, NJ is mostly db's!
Superfishalpalmbeach is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 PM
  #870  
dm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Magothy River, MD, USA
Posts: 418
Default

This thread is pretty cool. Being in MD, hoping I am somewhere in the DB middle. Upper middle perhaps given that I am closer to NJ.

Anyway, I like "Double Down", but also like "Third Times the Charm" as we all know this old girl ain't going down again!

Congrats to NEMS and the certainly the owner for moving forward with this project!
dm is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 AM
  #871  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 53
Default

Almost there...good work NEMS...

With all the distance travel, it is very surprising not to see more pics...is it so much a secret for this trip...

Yesterday, my heart flip went I saw another thread saying: 64 Viking goes down...Ouff...

Rej.
Gelinotte is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 AM
  #872  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,850
Default

Originally Posted by Superfishalpalmbeach View Post
Coming from a transplanted New Yorker, I concur, NJ is mostly db's!
I dunno... he's a Northern NJ'er v. a New Yorker. Depends on if it's one of those Staten Islander's driving down the Parkway to the "Shore" on a Friday night. Ugh. I don't miss that at all. LOL.
OldPete is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 AM
  #873  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Enjoying this thread from Australia. Best of luck to you NEMS!!
Sim080 is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM
  #874  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Va/Fl/PA
Posts: 6,671
Default

This looks like a great PR tool for Yam and Viking
Eyehooker is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 AM
  #875  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Union NJ
Posts: 164
Default

Hmmmm, she (the boat) likes to go down and get wet... there has to be a good name that can come out of that, I know DD has won but...
65aircooled is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM
  #876  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
captain nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bradenton Florida
Posts: 8,503
Default

Originally Posted by NEMS Boatworks View Post
... we are going to start a thread of the refit when we get her home.
Kick ass!
captain nate is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 01:59 PM
  #877  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Fork, L.I.
Posts: 1,179
Default

Originally Posted by Eyehooker View Post
This looks like a great PR tool for Yam and Viking
I don't know about Viking... she did sink twice, haha, granted from Hurricane/hurricane damage
nb123 is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 03:26 PM
  #878  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tax you to death state
Posts: 153
Default

absolutely AMAZING!!!!! the whole read.....well worth the hour and a few Dos Equis Ambers!!!!
chrismedpga is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  #879  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern Most State in the US
Posts: 1,126
Default

Originally Posted by 65aircooled View Post
Hmmmm, she (the boat) likes to go down and get wet... there has to be a good name that can come out of that, I know DD has won but...
Yea. How bout "She Goes Down"

noanoa is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:17 PM
  #880  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 33
Default Pics

Pics
Attached Images  
NEMS Boatworks is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread