Notices
The Boating Forum

Proline project boat.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default Proline project boat *Update Finally Repowered!

Just picked up this 1990 Proline 230 walkaround. It has a 99 Evinrude Ocean Pro 225 and galvanized trailer. I got a crazy good deal on the package. I'll be selling the engine if anyone is interested. The deck has a few spongy areas that will need to be addressed. The transom so far appears dry and solid. This will be my first boat project. I would appreciate any advice and comments you guys have. Here's some pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Bowens911; 08-10-2014 at 02:32 AM.
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:36 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington NC / Homosassa Fl
Posts: 387
Default

Send me a pm regarding what you want for the motor
brad1951 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

Well I just drained about 30 gallons of water out of the bracket, does that mean it's no good?
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:38 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weeki Wachee (home of the mermaids), FL
Posts: 11,691
Default

Originally Posted by brad1951 View Post
Send me a pm regarding what you want for the motor
What, Brad, you gonna throw that on your 16?
seabob4 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:44 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,301
Default

Originally Posted by Bowens911 View Post
Well I just drained about 30 gallons of water out of the bracket, does that mean it's no good?
Thats your new bait well.
alligatorgar is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ozona Fl
Posts: 3,061
Default

Looks like a good first project boat.
BigNasty is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 460
Default

Bowens, No, just means the top access plate was not sealed well. The fact it was holding water is actually good in a way, it means the part that would be in the water is sealed well.
Clear Solution is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by Clear Solution View Post
Bowens, No, just means the top access plate was not sealed well. The fact it was holding water is actually good in a way, it means the part that would be in the water is sealed well.
Awesome, thanks for the info.
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

I need some websites to buy hatches, hardware, rub rail, things like that. Anyone know of any good ones?
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:07 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington NC / Homosassa Fl
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by seabob4 View Post
What, Brad, you gonna throw that on your 16?
Getting bored with the 115. Can only get 48 out of it,
brad1951 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weeki Wachee (home of the mermaids), FL
Posts: 11,691
Default

Originally Posted by brad1951 View Post
Getting bored with the 115. Can only get 48 out of it,
Hah, I "thought" JW knew how to build boats, at least to get some speed out of them. Mr Demeanor is running a Yam 130 on a boat (albeit a tunnel hull) a little smaller than yours and hitting 80...
seabob4 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington NC / Homosassa Fl
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by seabob4 View Post
Hah, I "thought" JW knew how to build boats, at least to get some speed out of them. Mr Demeanor is running a Yam 130 on a boat (albeit a tunnel hull) a little smaller than yours and hitting 80...
Yeah but remember Mr Demeaner is a stripped down tunnel hull and my old 115 is from the days of a10 inch prop. Ran right at 70 with the 175 merc sport jet so I cant fault the hull design. Here we go hi jacking the OPs thread.
brad1951 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

hijack all you want just throw me a little useful info in the process.
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:35 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by Bowens911 View Post
I need some websites to buy hatches, hardware, rub rail, things like that. Anyone know of any good ones?
I also need fuel lines, hoses, thru hulls, etc.
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington NC / Homosassa Fl
Posts: 387
Default

Bowens 911 I work at Proline and can tell you what we are using now but 1990 was before my time. Rubrail comes from Taco. Hatches are Jim Black and Daytona Plastics. If there are any specific questions you have about the boat ill try to get you an answer.
brad1951 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weeki Wachee (home of the mermaids), FL
Posts: 11,691
Default

Originally Posted by Bowens911 View Post
I need some websites to buy hatches, hardware, rub rail, things like that. Anyone know of any good ones?
Bowens,
Try here...http://www.theprolineguy.com/where-d...-from-t10.html

And, yeah, that's me...

No comments from the peanut gallery, Brad...
seabob4 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by seabob4 View Post
Bowens,
Try here...http://www.theprolineguy.com/where-d...-from-t10.html

And, yeah, that's me...

No comments from the peanut gallery, Brad...
Well....no shit. Prepare to be bombarded with questions
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington NC / Homosassa Fl
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by seabob4 View Post
Bowens,
Try here...http://www.theprolineguy.com/where-d...-from-t10.html

And, yeah, that's me...

No comments from the peanut gallery, Brad...
Bob does have a pretty good venders list on his site. Remember its not like you are restoring a classic car there are lots of venders with parts that will work just fine on your boat even if they are not the exact brand as the factory used.
brad1951 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by brad1951 View Post
Bob does have a pretty good venders list on his site. Remember its not like you are restoring a classic car there are lots of venders with parts that will work just fine on your boat even if they are not the exact brand as the factory used.
Yeah I'm not looking for factory original, just stuff that is quality and will last.
Bowens911 is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:18 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Weeki Wachee (home of the mermaids), FL
Posts: 11,691
Default

Brad is exactly correct! Now, where's Carrigan...
seabob4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread