Notices
Like Tree6Likes

41 LUHRS BUYER BEWARE

Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
  #2321  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 2,143
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Real nice....you are no better than Luhrs ...shame, shame..
scooperfl is online now  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
  #2322  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 655
Default

I want a Luhrs
piazzafatb is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
  #2323  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,461
Default

I clicked on this to see who on Earth would resurrect this dead horse so it could be beat a little more. Low and behold, it's the OP. And then he drops the bomb.

After all his bitching and moaning about how bad the company is for not doing the right thing, he tells us he's "sure" the new buyer did his homework. Pot, meet Kettle. It's quite funny how often personal economy trumps morals.
OReely is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:53 AM
  #2324  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside a storm cloud
Posts: 5,722
Default

Originally Posted by OReely View Post
I clicked on this to see who on Earth would resurrect this dead horse so it could be beat a little more. Low and behold, it's the OP. And then he drops the bomb.

After all his bitching and moaning about how bad the company is for not doing the right thing, he tells us he's "sure" the new buyer did his homework. Pot, meet Kettle. It's quite funny how often personal economy trumps morals.
Yep.

He has shown that is is even worse than Luhrs. He knew about the issues and sold the boat without disclosing them.

P.O.S.
Ntrain2k is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM
  #2325  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,044
Default

Luhrs41. When you dwell on someone who wronged you for a long time, in the end it takes away from your own happiness more than needed. You have a right to be angry about this situation, however this saga took much more away from you than the money loss. If you have held onto this revenge seeking for this long, it must have made you pretty miserable. Sorry about your terrible experience but it is time to put it behind you and move on.

Secondly, I agree with the recent posters... "pot meet kettle."
GR1FFIN is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
  #2326  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tax you to death state
Posts: 153
Default

the world is full of dirtbags...........
chrismedpga is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  #2327  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,191
Default Wow

Originally Posted by GR1FFIN View Post
Luhrs41. When you dwell on someone who wronged you for a long time, in the end it takes away from your own happiness more than needed. You have a right to be angry about this situation, however this saga took much more away from you than the money loss. If you have held onto this revenge seeking for this long, it must have made you pretty miserable. Sorry about your terrible experience but it is time to put it behind you and move on.

Secondly, I agree with the recent posters... "pot meet kettle."
Post of the day! Well said.
thumperlove is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
  #2328  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 1,166
Default

Some real psychopathology here. Might want to use the proceeds for some therapy, medication, or both.
djcxxx is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM
  #2329  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,736
Default

I just re-read the first couple of pages. Wow. I should probably be much more pissed about the long list of items I have needed to fix on boats over the years. Not.


Edit: Who the hell cares what he disclosed? I am betting the new owner is more realistic with his expectations and knows how to play well with others.
slipkid is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  #2330  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 151
Default

Luhrs, Silverton, mainship had 5 percent of the boating market for boats in there size class. Thats a lot of Boats
pdavejr is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 PM
  #2331  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,461
Default

Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I just re-read the first couple of pages. Wow. I should probably be much more pissed about the long list of items I have needed to fix on boats over the years. Not.


Edit: Who the hell cares what he disclosed? I am betting the new owner is more realistic with his expectations and knows how to play well with others.
The reason I posted what I did was not because I think he's the only guy who didn't disclose problems with a boat. The reason is because when it's his turn, he does exactly what he was ranting about. When he's trying to sell the boat, he lets the money talk and the morals walk. You can't claim moral superiority and then do the opposite.

And you may very well be right - the new owner may be more realistic with his expectations but we don't know that one way or the other. Either way, that doesn't let Luhrs41 off the hook in my book. He's the guy who thought the seller (when the seller was the corporation) should do the right thing. In my opinion, if he was a standup guy, the right thing would have been to let the new guy know the boat was a POS (to use Luhrs41's term). If he was a standup guy.
OReely is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM
  #2332  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Floaters
Posts: 6,168
Default

Originally Posted by 41 LUHRS

I am sure he did his homework prior to buying the 41 POS Luhrs

Wow.
Miss Trial is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM
  #2333  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 886
Default

Luhrs 41 just showed who the problem was the whole time. Dude your a POS!!!!
Victory 1 likes this.
land crab is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
  #2334  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside a storm cloud
Posts: 5,722
Default

And now it's here for the whole world to see.
Ntrain2k is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:40 PM
  #2335  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,736
Default

Originally Posted by OReely View Post
The reason I posted what I did was not because I think he's the only guy who didn't disclose problems with a boat. The reason is because when it's his turn, he does exactly what he was ranting about. When he's trying to sell the boat, he lets the money talk and the morals walk. You can't claim moral superiority and then do the opposite.

And you may very well be right - the new owner may be more realistic with his expectations but we don't know that one way or the other. Either way, that doesn't let Luhrs41 off the hook in my book. He's the guy who thought the seller (when the seller was the corporation) should do the right thing. In my opinion, if he was a standup guy, the right thing would have been to let the new guy know the boat was a POS (to use Luhrs41's term). If he was a standup guy.

Exactly.
Victory 1 likes this.
slipkid is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM
  #2336  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 1,074
Default

Originally Posted by 41 LUHRS View Post
Other than being the seller, I was not part of the sale.
fify.




Randy
38Blackfin is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
  #2337  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC / Hatteras, NC
Posts: 1,092
Default

I can't believe I wasted about 8 hours reading all 117 pages of this. Every time I was about to call it quits, the plot thickened. When does the movie come out?
xfernal is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 AM
  #2338  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Coral Gables-Islamorada
Posts: 1,880
Default

You know someone's morals when you do the right thing instead of the money thing.
catfoiler is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 AM
  #2339  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location:
Posts: 953
Default

Don't mind me, I'm just posting because I want to be included in the half-decade thread.


Carry on, hypocrite.
ISLANDER11 is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 AM
  #2340  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,027
Default

I want to see the photos and video... Doubt they are ever coming back, but I would love to see just how bad things were, or weren't.
IMPLiberty is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread