Notices
The Boating Forum

Sailfish boat article must read

Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
  #81  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CT & NH
Posts: 1,035
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Whoever runs this site really needs to set it up to archive or lock threads after a period of time, like 1 year
Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 AM
  #82  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

As a Sailfish boat owner myself I am disappointed to read about the poor customer service you received from Sailfish Customer Service. I am curious about your boat. What model year is your boat? Did the leak occur while the boat was under the original manufacturers warrantee?
If the boat was shipped from the Dealer/Repair facility to Sailfish boats with a ruptured and empty gas tank, why would you assume that Sailfish or the dealer owed you a full tank of gas upon return of your boat?

Capt'n Ron
Sailfish 30.06
Old 11-17-2015, 08:42 AM
  #83  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: skittleville fl
Posts: 8,908
Received 1,324 Likes on 723 Posts
Default

9 yr old thread
Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 AM
  #84  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort Pierce,FL
Posts: 6,447
Received 1,257 Likes on 816 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2005FishermanWinner View Post
The old "you get what you pay for "comes to mind here. you want a quality product you got to pay for it . if a boat line is selling boats cheap they have to cut cost's somewhere thats obvious. Grady Reg's Cont Triton to name a few arent high priced for nothing
Yeeahhhh right!!! Grady are you kidding. There are more Grady falling apart transom and deck stories on here then any other brand.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 AM
  #85  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort Pierce,FL
Posts: 6,447
Received 1,257 Likes on 816 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Great_Bay View Post
Whoever runs this site really needs to set it up to archive or lock threads after a period of time, like 1 year
That's a dumb idea. Old threads are very valuable when it comes to customer service if the same people are still running the company. I have learned more here from doing searches of old threads then from the current threads.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 AM
  #86  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Posts: 5,881
Likes: 0
Received 195 Likes on 138 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sailfish 30.06 View Post
As a Sailfish boat owner myself I am disappointed to read about the poor customer service you received from Sailfish Customer Service. I am curious about your boat. What model year is your boat? Did the leak occur while the boat was under the original manufacturers warrantee?
If the boat was shipped from the Dealer/Repair facility to Sailfish boats with a ruptured and empty gas tank, why would you assume that Sailfish or the dealer owed you a full tank of gas upon return of your boat?

Capt'n Ron
Sailfish 30.06
Its called consequential damages. It is reasonable to expect that if your tank is defective, then the owner will lose the fuel inside of it, caused by your defective product. If the paint fell off your car because of bad primer, would you expect them to repaint your car, or just reapply primer. After all, it came to them without paint. Or lets say the engines fell off the transom when it broke. You lost the engines. So, do they just get to fix the transom and thank you for your patience? Or, do they owe you replacement engines.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:39 AM
  #87  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sarasota
Posts: 3,788
Received 496 Likes on 235 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sailfish 30.06 View Post
As a Sailfish boat owner myself I am disappointed to read about the poor customer service you received from Sailfish Customer Service. I am curious about your boat. What model year is your boat? Did the leak occur while the boat was under the original manufacturers warrantee?
If the boat was shipped from the Dealer/Repair facility to Sailfish boats with a ruptured and empty gas tank, why would you assume that Sailfish or the dealer owed you a full tank of gas upon return of your boat?

Capt'n Ron
Sailfish 30.06
yes they should lock threads, doesn't mean one cant view em

Last edited by THT Mod 11; 12-05-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: removed insult
Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 AM
  #88  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How does one clean out a fuel tank

Originally Posted by oto_gc View Post
Hey guys,
I'm the owner and the person who wrote the post. The intention is not to "trash" Sailfish but to share my experience. It's true this is my side of the story, but I haven't said anything that's not true or verifiable, I have no reason to lie.

If anyone would like more details, clarification, or have any problems with my post on a personal level you may contact me directly to discuss.

I am the customer, and my experience was not a good one. The filling of the tank maybe whining, but it was 3/4 full when the leak happened, they gave it back to me almost empty, but that's not the point of the story.

The point is they acted in a rude manner towards me and my wife, and yes, they were cheap. In one of my last conversations with them, they told me that I was lucky that had even replaced the tank for me, that they did it out of a gesture of goodwill because the tank broke due to user neglect cause I failed to clean it.

I've always been very happy with the boat and its performance but this experience, regardless of who is right in theory, has changed my perspective and my next boat will definitely not be another Sailfish.

I own a Sailfish 3006 and my tank is under my deck. Out of curiosity, how does one clean their fuel tank if it ever needs to be cleaned?
Old 12-05-2018, 06:39 AM
  #89  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SWFL
Posts: 3,150
Received 414 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sailfish 30.06 View Post
I own a Sailfish 3006 and my tank is under my deck. Out of curiosity, how does one clean their fuel tank if it ever needs to be cleaned?
Consider starting a new thread to ask your question. The thread you posted in is 12+ years old.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 AM
  #90  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 722
Likes: 0
Received 113 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NEBassMan View Post
Consider starting a new thread to ask your question. The thread you posted in is 12+ years old.
+1

Many of the people in older threads no longer participate in the forum and these old threads lose a lot of context over time.

It's ironic that someone complained in 2015 about this thread being resurrected and yet here it again...
Old 06-11-2021, 07:47 AM
  #91  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,056
Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

When cleaning the tank, is it just water or soap too?
Likes:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.