Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > The Boating Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking at 2 completely different boats... would like opinons

Notices
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mdees88
  • 2 Post By sydngoose

Looking at 2 completely different boats... would like opinons

Old 06-09-2019, 03:04 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default Looking at 2 completely different boats... would like opinons

first up I do bay fishing 70% of the time... drifting... inlet drifting.... the other 30% I head off shore 20 miles max....usually when seas claim 4 foot and below I’m looking for my next boat and was going to go new but decided against it. I found 2 boats in my price range.


First is a 1997 palm beach 22 foot. His ad doesn’t have much info. Has coast guard package and fish finder Says ready to fish. Has a 200hp evienrude but doesn’t say how many hours etc. looks well Maintaned.

The second is a 1991 20 foot shamrock inboard keel drive. Has a 302 with 600 hours. Very well maintaineed boat. Cushions all new as of this year. Runs good. Fish finder. Has a bimini top.

Both boats are center consoles.....both are within budget. Pros and cons?
Machwon169 is offline  
Old 06-09-2019, 03:18 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stapleton, AL
Posts: 2,705
Default

outboard boat
JBS likes this.
mdees88 is offline  
Old 06-09-2019, 03:45 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Whiteville, NC
Posts: 418
Default

Originally Posted by mdees88 View Post
outboard boat
What he said.
fowl intent is offline  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:20 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ortega River; Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 2,013
Default

Personally, I would choose neither: I would 100% advocate for an outboard boat: But, not an etec. I would expand your searches. It's hard to believe those are the only two legitimate options for you. Furthermore, when I read those two vintage years, the 1st thing I think about is "fuel tank replacement" as it's reached it's useable lifespan ( especially the Shamrock). That is a job you do not want to have to do yourself or pay someone else to do $$$ and messy, stinky, foul job.
mdees88 and Bront Antwoord like this.
sydngoose is offline  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:05 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boynton Beach Islamorada
Posts: 2,289
Default

I would look at a bay boat especially a 21 Sea Pro..
kennyboy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread