Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Boating and Boat Show Photos
Reload this Page >

Your Aluminum boat, C;'mon metal guys show your strength!

Notices

Your Aluminum boat, C;'mon metal guys show your strength!

Old 07-30-2020, 04:43 PM
  #621  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 509
Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Boat

That is a nice lookin rig right there. What’s the name and where’s it made
Likes:
Old 07-30-2020, 06:31 PM
  #622  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedar Key Florida
Posts: 498
Received 210 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

That thing has to do 70mph if not faster ❤️❤️❤️
Old 07-30-2020, 06:33 PM
  #623  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,217
Received 1,877 Likes on 254 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by southernman13 View Post
That is a nice lookin rig right there. What’s the name and where’s it made

it’s a custom made boat by Sportsman’s Fabrication in Morgan City, LA.

They make some pretty nice sleds.






Old 07-30-2020, 09:27 PM
  #624  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What a great idea for a thread, need to get my post count up so i can post a pic on mine. Ali boats are pretty popular down in Aus.

Tight lines, Joel
Old 07-31-2020, 07:31 AM
  #625  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 301
Likes: 0
Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts
Default

There are four residential alum. boat builders within about 15 miles near Morgan City. Sportsman’s Fabrication, Scully, Uncle J and Hanko. Go another 45 miles each way and the list gets much larger. Metal Shark, Razor Head, Custom D, Marks airboats, Ronnie Airboats, Relentless and American Aluminum Marine. Add in the commercial guys and the number doubles.

Marsh I live 30 miles west of Morgan City, are you close?
Old 07-31-2020, 08:37 AM
  #626  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Down South
Posts: 1,217
Received 1,877 Likes on 254 Posts
Default

Marsh I live 30 miles west of Morgan City, are you close?[/QUOTE]

Close to that same distance, but in the opposite direction. Pass through that alum. boat corridor all the time for work.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:33 PM
  #627  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Creek Village
Posts: 5,310
Received 341 Likes on 188 Posts
Default

Uncle J builds a great boat.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:50 AM
  #628  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta,GA FT.Walton Bch,FL
Posts: 853
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

way off shore w/ all the stuff that's floating that could breach a hull example oil rig big metal pipes ect. I'm wanting to add redundant outside hull floatation in addition to the white styrofoam under deck to my 22' pocket cruiser like this.


this is a lifeproof boat (hull is 4500LBs mine is less then 1900LBs). foam filled tubes.
I believe widening my vessel will significantly stabilize the at rest rocking motion. basicelly making my PC into a big rib boat.lifeproof won't sell the collars on there own.
considering attaching zodica tubes filled w/ foam, to the sides.willing to sacrifice some speed for safety.or w/ the extra floatation I could increase horse power. what do you Guys think?
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
  #629  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Myers/Englewood
Posts: 708
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Back in the metal boat game.

2020 Havoc 1756DB. 2001 Yamaha 90 tiller









Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
  #630  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 141
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stevethebrain View Post
way off shore w/ all the stuff that's floating that could breach a hull example oil rig big metal pipes ect. I'm wanting to add redundant outside hull floatation in addition to the white styrofoam under deck to my 22' pocket cruiser like this.


this is a lifeproof boat (hull is 4500LBs mine is less then 1900LBs). foam filled tubes.
I believe widening my vessel will significantly stabilize the at rest rocking motion. basicelly making my PC into a big rib boat.lifeproof won't sell the collars on there own.
considering attaching zodica tubes filled w/ foam, to the sides.willing to sacrifice some speed for safety.or w/ the extra floatation I could increase horse power. what do you Guys think?

About Lifeproof boats...Those guys are awesome!
They built my 17CC (few posts above). Great guys to deal with.
I prefer the impact foam over the air/ foam hybrid.
We love our small boat! It’s very stable and built like a mini tank lol. ( 4-5mm thick marine aluminum)
They build to order, would eventually love to move up to a 21-23ft Lifeproof next. 😀
Old Today, 02:32 AM
  #631  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta,GA FT.Walton Bch,FL
Posts: 853
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

knight angle that blue vessel looks very cool. how doe's it feel w/ all that power on an inflatable?I'm thinking it smoothes the ride.

the above vessel is classified as a yacht.large front escape hatch, bathroom/shower. galley freig.. I believe each tube around this size is whorth 1200LBs floatation. 1 cubic foot tube =s 60LBs.I esitimate the collar is 20'.basicelly total 2400LBs floatation.my esitmates could be off.
the hull is still heavier.so lifeboat must have interia floatation inside hull.

I think a collar is a excellent safety device every boat should have.



Last edited by Stevethebrain; Today at 02:55 AM.
Likes:
Old Today, 07:03 AM
  #632  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 141
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stevethebrain View Post
knight angle that blue vessel looks very cool. how doe's it feel w/ all that power on an inflatable?I'm thinking it smoothes the ride.

the above vessel is classified as a yacht.large front escape hatch, bathroom/shower. galley freig.. I believe each tube around this size is whorth 1200LBs floatation. 1 cubic foot tube =s 60LBs.I esitimate the collar is 20'.basicelly total 2400LBs floatation.my esitmates could be off.
the hull is still heavier.so lifeboat must have interia floatation inside hull.

I think a collar is a excellent safety device every boat should have.
Agreed, ( foam collar) I’m surprised not alot of manufacturers use them or offered as option.
I’ve been a fan of the LE boats, like the SAFE boats.
(Lifeproof is very similar because of it roots with SAFE boats)
If you look at their factory and manufacturing vids, they also add extra floatation under the deck to fill spaces inside the hull.

We have no complaints so far on our 17CC. (downsized from Scout 215)
The proXS 115 is just perfect for it. (2200lbs dry, 22degree deadrise)
Gets to plane quick and very stable ride.
We do get wet, some sprays when its choppy, kinda the norm in LIS. lol
Btw, mine has the foam collar, not the air hybrid.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.