View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a couple options.

1) tie switch panel to load side of 80A breaker or the line side of the fuse block.

2)split the switch panel into segments (30A?) with corresponding fuses on block.

I'd go option 1. As previously stated, since all those loads are already protected by individual breakers, all you need is protection for the wire feeding the switch panel. As long as you use wire that is rated for 80A continuous, the 80A breaker should protect it.

All probably a minor point, but I'd hate to keep blowing a fuse that feeds lights, bilge etc.