View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 10:05 PM
jrybicki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Sea Fox 210 Re Wire and Upgrades

The time has finally come to start the rewire of my boat. I'm tired of losing my gps and having to wiggle the rats nest of wires under the console to get it to hopefully come back on. Not only that but since the current wiring is such a mess troubleshooting is a nightmare and I don't trust any of it enough to take her offshore. I've been browsing THT re wire posts for almost a year now soaking in knowledge, tips, tricks and advice while I slowly gained the courage and know how to tackle my own. I'm finally mostly through with the planning stages and am currently working on getting all the parts / supplies in for this job. I wanted to document this to give back to the wonderful community that has taught me so much.

Here's the breakdown / goal of this re wire:

- Move batteries from transom to center console (also upgrading to AGM)
- Install Marinco 20A dual bank charger (Purchased)
- Install BEP remote battery management cluster (Purchased)
- Install New Custom Panel from New Wire Marine (Purchased)
- Add BEP Fuse Blocks (Purchased)
- Add float switch to bilge pump (Purchased)
- Replace Lowrance M68c with Lowrance HDS 9 Carbon w/ 3D structure scan (Purchased)
- Replace Raymarine VHF with Lowrance Link 8 for NMEA compatibility (Purchased)
- Adding Boat leveler tab locator to Boat Leveler trim tabs
- Installing rgb led Gunwale lighting (Purchased)
- moving All Around anchor light to t top (Purchased)
- installing forward and aft facing spreader lights (Thinking Rigid Marine Dually) (Purchased)
- installing livewell lights (Purchased)
- installing maintenance lights in bilge as well as console (Purchased)
- replacing Pioneer radio with Lowrance SonicHub 2 (Do you recommend getting the universal dock or the sirius wx ant?) (Purchased)
- installing Lowrance 4G radar (Purchased)
- installing Lowrance Outboard pilot (Purchased)

I know it's a pretty long list with a lot of things to still purchase. Again I'm still in the planning stages and am open to any suggestions. I still need to take measurements of wire runs for a few things before I settle on wire gage sizing. I'm also going to attach my wiring diagrams for review/comment from all of you electrical wizards. I do have one question off the bat on the wiring and that is should the VHF be on a 24hr circuit or should it be wired to the fuse panel? I have seen arguments going both ways so I would love to hear more about pros/cons of each.
Attached Images    

Last edited by jrybicki; 02-26-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added a few items to the Purchased list. Will continue updating as funds allow