View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 AM
Jersus

Originally Posted by andycfi View Post
Great advice everyone. I do have a lot of contacts, and I probably just need to start reaching out to them. I'm not really looking for word press type stuff, though I will do it on occasion. From what everyone is saying, it's really about relying on your existing network. I don't think the issue for me is as much of a lack of that as it is my motivation to get out there and start putting the word out.

Like everyone else, it always just seems more fun to go boating, etc. I think I just need to get myself in gear and invest some effort into this.

Thanks again!

Network, network, network. To that end, everyone left out one keep piece - always have case studies readily available. These should be concise and tell someone what you did, what problem you solved, and most importantly, how much money you saved the firm or how much revenue your work generated.

Networking gets you in the door, case studies with TANGIBLE results closes the deal.

For me, Networking is the hardest part because people generally do not like me, but they can never argue with my results.

Once a perspective client gives you a high level view of the scope of work, your next sentence should always be, "Well for this client I faced a similar challenge and my outcome resulted in .....here let me show you."