Old 12-07-2016, 04:35 PM
lyman24
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Sorry for the late post, just got back inside from washing the girl down. It's a long haul from Cape Canaveral to west side of Orlando at 5pm on a weeknight. I'm use to Saturday or Sunday traffic, not full blown rush hour.

We started at 8A and nothing was stirring. No signs of life. Seas were good at 7am and was able to run about 30mph out there. Trolled for about an hour and gave up, lines in. Headed dead east to deeper water.

Still no signs of life, weeds, or bait. Lines out at 230 and wham, a reel line taker (did you see what i did there). Don't know what happen but she was skinnin' the reel and then nothing. Got the hook in and what ever hit, bent the hook then broke it. Seriously day'um!

Ran to 250', came back to 230' and a monster sailfish I tell ya. We had the father inlaw on the reel (first time out ever) and that fish was dancing across the water!!! Beautiful! Huge I tell ya! Had her on for about 2-3 minutes and phooyie, she spat that hook! UGH!!!!

Stayed between 200'-230' and had three (3) more sails. Never got one in the boat, but man it was fun. Landed a barracuda and got some pics.

Hail Yea has some video and I think he got the sail in action. I'll try to get it tomorrow. The seas really laid down around 11am, picked back up, and then around 2 laid back down. Ran 40 mph back in, smooth!!

Good luck guys! Till next time!

Celle thanks for the tips! Hail Yea can't wait for next trip!!