View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 04:10 PM
saltwaters
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Originally Posted by YFMF View Post
On LBI/NJ there are a couple of Yacht clubs where young kids learn how to operate small sail boats. You can easily tell that some of them know their way around these little 8-10 boats quite well. The problem i9s that the school holds classes in an area that goes all around the ICW. Last weekend we were heading north through the area in a slow speed zone and a could of these little Nazi's cut across the marked channel right in front of you on purpose and the instructors say nothing. I understand a blow boat has the right of way but with 20 little flys all around it's difficult keeping clear of them when they want to be a pest.

Anyone else ever have a run in of this type in the past? In my 30+ years of boating in this area I've never had a problem with the classes before.
A similar yacht club held the same classes for the same young kids. The kids in my harbor doe the same exact thing, cut right in front of power boaters. They have the same blow boat loving instructors who teach them they have the right of way and can anything they want. I fnnn hate them and blow boaters in general.