View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 PM
pas
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Originally Posted by Otseg View Post
Less than Ray's build duration for sure. A great portion of that time was the design decisions. The early negotiations were for a 34' to 35' cat which grew to fit his needs. I worked with a 3D design CAD guy initially to develop the design but struggled to get what I wanted so we went old school and drafted the Cat by hand and then lofted the hull. I really feel that you get a better sense of proportion that way.

Now we have memorialized the entire boat in AUTOCAD and subsequent changes are easy to effect. On the "Drafting board" as we say, are Ray's arrangement, a larger console walk around, Larger console with Tower, a dual console hardtop with head, storage and berths in the hulls, A hard top with trunk cabin with a queen size bunk on the tunnel and full galley, head and air conditioning for week long fishing trips to the Bahamas, and last but not least Jazzman's sex machine with quads.

We have accrued tooling, meaning molds that save production time, including for our fuel tanks but are at the moment in custom mode. It should be 6 months, but perhaps a bit longer for the next one, and less for subsequent or better yet concurrent builds.
Thanks Jim, I think there is going to be a nice 37' Spectre for sale soon...