View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 10:42 PM
jkmjr

Originally Posted by Reefdonkey98 View Post
I'm a sophomore in highschool too, and I can say at being one of the "best" rated high schools in the country (Terra Enviornmental research) that it is the same here. The teachers a lot of the time are there just to hand out work and sleep the rest of the class, I've had only a few teachers themselves actually explain the lessons to our classes and give reasonable amounts of homework. I'm not saying homework is bad but getting 130 questions of algebra 2 homework on a lesson that was half-ass explained to us isn't reasonable at all.
I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but if the teachers at your "TOP RATED" school are such slackers how do you and all your classmates excel. Are you all geniuses?
My son is a senior this year and has very seldom brought homework home. He says he uses his spare time at school to get it done. Papers and projects are a different story. My son is 3rd in his class and fighting to move up to val. or sal. by graduation. I tell him every chance I get that college will be different and he will have to study more. I never studied in H.S. and was in all the accelerated classes and graduated with honors. My first year in college "1.8 GPA" . My parents stroked. My daughter is a H.S. freshmen with the highest average in her class coming into this year. She has always had to do homework at night. It really pisses her off that my son never studies.