View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 PM
iFishMD
Senior Member (used to be B-Faithful)Captains Club MemberPLEDGER Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor

Default Too much homework?

Anyone else angered by the amount of homework our kids are coming home with, especially in high school? My son, a sophomore who we have never had to push in school since he is self-driven, is up to midnight again working on homework and projects. He spends 6.5hours in school and puts in at least 4 hours, if not 6 some nights, on home work a night to maintain his good grades. I find this unacceptable since he is now putting in 10-12hrs+ per day everyday on his schooling. This doesn't count his involvement in sports, chores at home, and church activities. I have already spoken to his guidance counselor and it was recommended that I take it up with his teachers directly. My wife and I are both college graduates and don't remember having such a heavy work load. We bit our tongues last year but don't find it being any better this year. Am I the only one seeing it this way? I understand that we are only a few weeks into the school year but am already frustrated seeing my stressed child. He will be up again in a little over 5 hours to do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by iFishMD; 09-09-2015 at 03:54 AM.