View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 PM
CUTiger2011
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Default new cell phone plan

Time for a new cell phone plan. Many to choose from, and here's my situation. I'm on the ol' man's office phone plan, gotta get out of this. It's frustrating to deal with.

Current service is AT&T. My actual telephone is a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. It is operating on my AT&T sim card, working fine other than no 4G service. It gets up to HSPA+. And now it frequently tells me it "can't make this international call" when trying to return a missed call and the number looks like +8431234567

Around the end of the year, I'll be getting a phone/plan from my employer. It'll be a Verizon plan. Unlimited data, 500 minutes, 1000 texts. May or may not get a new phone at that time. The phone cost would be on me, 2-yr price minus $100, is what it would cost me. So likely getting the newest thing at that time.

What to do between now and then? Obviously I'm not going to sign a contract. Verizon seems to be the easiest choice because of my current device and looming company plan. But sheesh, Verizon options are complicated and expensive.

Anybody use any of the cheaper month-to-month service provides and are they worth a darn?