View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 PM
DLG4354
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Default Intrusive inlaws/ parents

Ok, I don't want to come over as an asshole, but how do I tell my in laws that I'm tired of them coming over?

I mean, once a week or every other week is perfectly fine, but an average of 3-4 times a week is getting excessive and I'm about to blow the
F*{# up!

I work anywhere from 50-70 hrs./week. My wife works 50 hrs. A week. We have 8 yr old twins and she takes them to all of their extra-curricular activities, so she "works" 60 hrs./ week. Her dad is retired, so he doesn't get up at any particular time or have to be anywhere at a particular time. He and his old, chain smoking girlfriend come over when they feel like it because "The kids live on the water, and hell, we've got nothing else to do! Let's go down there!"

They never take into account that we're on a schedule. They seem to be oblivious to the fact they're a major inconvenience most of the time. They won't take a hint. I'm really starting to think they realize these facts but just don't give a shit!

I'm tired of it and I'm afraid it's starting to show. As much as I hate the frequency of their "visits", I refuse to be outright disrespectful. This is the man who fathered my wife. It would hurt his feelings. I'm really trying my best not to be an asshole, but I don't know what else to do.

Help me out guys. What the hell should I do?