View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 05:18 AM
lingcod

Originally Posted by abbor View Post
It's strange none of the owners of NSS12 Evo2 and NSS16 don't report any issues. I've had NSS9 Evo2 since it came out and no stability issues at all, only problem is the transducer temperature reading. There must be something special with these units at your local West Marine, prototype units, beta software or just faulty units.

In case you don't want a new autopilot with a fluxgate, get an Airmar H2183 to go with the Simrad pilot instead. Combine this compass with AC12 or AC42 in a NSS Evo2 system and I'm sure you will have the best performing pilot on the marked.
That's a very bold statement. I very much beg to differ. Just yesterday someone here at THT said their new NSSn EVO2 died/blew up and would now need to see how good Simrad's service is. Don't have time to find it because I'm about to take off to go fishing.

And I wish what you were saying is true regarding early beta units, but it's highly unlikely to be the case. This is a brand new flagship West Marine that JUST opened. Huge new electronics display. And even if what you are saying were the case, it just proves my point. Why would you let demo units go out the door with this many problems? Simrad is a manufacturer that does not understand how to do product development and releases properly. And for that matter, most of the marine suppliers are this way, except perhaps Furuno.

What about the bugs--especially the temperature issue--that is well noted here on THT? I don't know how you can say "none" report "any" issues. EDIT: Sorry, Abhor, just saw that you did not the temperature bug.

Above opinion notwithstanding, really appreciate your contributions here Abbor. You know your stuff, despite being strongly biased toward Simrad!

Last edited by lingcod; 09-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.