View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Boat Hound

Default Wtf is wrong with boat brokers?!

Trying to deal with brokers is just mind numbing! To have tried to use brokers to both buy and sell boats, maybe 6 or 7 times in the last few years. Other then comcast, it has to be the most inept group I have ever dealt.

Most recently in the search for a smaller boat (under $10k) I called 6 brokers about 6 different boats. I got one call back. I talk to the guy and tell him I want the boat, he tells me he needs a signed P&S with a deposit. I laughed, it's $4k, I was planning on just showing up handing the money over and signing then. I responded with, good enough he is a pro and does things by the books. Get the P&S, looking at the serial number, the boat is a 2000 model year, mfg - not a 2001 listed. No big deal to me, but he should have caught this. He says he took the information from another site?

Fast froward...crickets. I scanned the executed P&S with check for the deposit on thurs. Hard copies should be their Monday, if they are not already there. I get it small boats are little money for these guys, but then don't take the f'n listing!

I am looking to sell my Grady, but just don't want to babysit these guys. I have 0 confidence they will work for me, the way I would work for me. My issue, I don't have the time to show the boat and deal with crap that I would gladly pay a commission to a PROFESSIONAL. Clearly there are not any out there!

Am I on a bad run here, or is this pretty much it? I have never had a positive experience with this profession.