View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Fish'nFool
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
We drove a 2014 ES 350 and liked it compared to our 2010 Accord that runs great.

Didn't try hard to negotiate a deal, but 5% off and match my Carmax appraisal for the Accord was their offer. I've been reading the Club Lexus forum and it seems that 10% off MSRP is the number to shoot for.

Were not needing to change cars at this time, but with all the "December to remember" sales event we figured to take a look.
Originally Posted by alacrity View Post
find out the invoice price for the car (cf. google) and deduct from there. MSRP is a rip off
This. Never negotiate off the MSRP. Negotiate from the invoice price. I purchased my Lexus GX for $500 above invoice, now whether that was 5% or 10% MSRP i don't know.

If you want to speak with a good no non-sense saleman and you don't mind the drive to Rockville, MD let me know. I pick up all my cars from this guy and I know the GM of the dealership.

PS December closer to the end of the month is the best time to buy a current model year (2013) car. Dealers are trying to make room for the '14's and trying reach quotas.