View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 864

You need to strip off old sealer then neutralize before you do anything. What type finish do you want? For a semi transparent Allow to dry then seal with Wolman's F&P. for semi solid look to Durastain, for solid use Cabots.
Best thing you can do is not listen to a paint store employee or a lumber yard jock. Go to sites that are used by deck restoration specialists.
Number one with them are either Ready Seal or Armstrong Clark. I do this for a living and have done so for over 20 years and I will only use RS or AC. You won't be able to purchase small amounts of either unfortunately.
MarlynOC is offline