View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 AM
NCcarguy

I met my current G/F on Match....I got to the point that I felt like an expert at the online dating game. It was when I basically became a smart-ass in every email that I figured it out. The better looking girls get anywhere from 100-200 emails a day, so getting picked out of that is almost pure luck. I agree with the OP, they ALL say the same thing, they're world travelers if you're paying, otherwise they sit at home and bitch about men. I went on a few dates that I couldn't believe the person I was sitting with was the same one I had been emailing. It's amazing how fat can be hidden in pictures! Some can even hide ugly.

One thing that I did believe in was set the bar low. I always wanted to enter a date looking better than what they thought I would look like. My pictures weren't all that great, so if they agreed to go out with me, they usually were happy when they saw me in person.

I will say this....if me and the current one doesn't work out, I'll be right back on those sites and running through them like cattle again.