View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 AM
  #13  
caltexflanc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: See screen name
Posts: 5,226
Default

I have a few million miles in the air and I hate this too. I always check out who is behind behind me and if it is someone tall I ask if it is OK to recline. It's just common courtesy. 90% of the time I get an exit row seat or an upgrade. The other 10% I got in the habit of crossing my legs and having my knees snug up against the seat back in front of me if it is a tight fit, if someone tries to recline without asking. But usually if you ask someone nicely to bring the seat back up a few notches so you won't be kneeing them in the back, it works out. The other problem over-reclining causes is that it makes it very hard to use a lap top computer on a lot of planes.
caltexflanc is offline