Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
emudryj
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Dreamer View Post
I think Newton's First Law is more apt than Natural Selection.

The velocity of a body remains constant unless the body is acted upon by an external force.

That force is different for everybody. For some people that force may be needing to spend more time with their kids, so they actually choose to work less.

For others it may be a shiny car or boat so they choose to work more to earn more dollars for that one boat.

Others still may with to own a shipyard making boats - and set that as their goal.

For others still, it may be to help out the starving/sick/poor so they pay their way through college, get a medical degree and then move to Africa.

Thus, those that succeed (in attaining the goals they have set for themselves) have a mental force that pushes them. It is inescapable. They feel guilty if they are not "working toward their goal".

Others are happy sitting in chit and so there is no "force" changing their velocity.

As for me, I set unrealistically low targets and fail to achieve them.
Interesting perspective.....I'll give it a deeper thought on my drive back home but it seems that what you call "force" I call it "greed" or self-improvement desire... that incentivize those (that will succeed) to set high goals and pushes them toward achieve those goals... (we may be saying the same thing with different words.)

but WHY???

I was relating it to the current availability of information and decision making process... and was thinking about success and a broader manner than financial or economic.
In every one of your examples with different goals, you can be successful or not....
I know really loving and caring mom and dads that are chity parents.... they mean well, but are not successfully at task at hand. You can see them doing stuff and think for yourself "oh... this is going to end baaadddd" and it ends bad... next time come around you thing for yourself, " it's all good, they screwed last time, they will not make the same mistake" but they do.....THAY CAN'T LEARN.

so in regard to the ones in your post that set higher goals and those than are happy sitting on chit, what makes them different?
How do you explain people coming from well established environments ending to be junkies living on the streets, but at thee same time, individual cases from the geto that change their odds and pull themselves out and apart from everybody else on the same getho????