View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,831

Who to contact for a copy of your credit report

P.O. Box 105873
Atlanta, GA 30348-5873

Experian Information Solutions
P.O. Box 949
Allen, TX 75013-0949

P.O. Box 390
Springfield, PA 19064-0390

Where to report Identity Theft

Equifax Credit Bureau Fraud Department

Experian Information Solutions

TransUnion Credit Bureau Fraud Department

Federal Trade Commission

What to do if you become a victim of Identity Theft

- Contact all creditors, by telephone and in writing, to inform them of the problem.

- File a police report

- Contact the Federal Trade Commission (1-877-IDTHEFT) to report the problem.

- Call each of the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) fraud units to report identity theft. Ask to have a 'Fraud Alert/Victim Impact' statement placed in your credit file asking that creditors call you before opening any new accounts.

- Alert your banks to flag your accounts and contact you to confirm any unusual activity. Request a change of PIN and a new password.

- Keep a log of all your contacts and copies of all your documents.

- Contact the Social Security Administrator's Fraud Hotline (1-800-269-0271).

- Contact the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to see if another license was issued in your name. If so, request a new license number and fill out the DHSMVs complaint form to begin the fraud investigation process.

All the best Mike, if you need any further advice PM me
Cracker is offline