The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Coaching Kids Sports
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:00 AM
HardLivin
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Coaching Kids Sports

I coach a 10u Girls softball team. This is rec ball, not travel ball. My daughter plays on this team. There was a time that I would coach this team without my daughter on the team but that time is gone.

Why does there have to be pain in the ass parents? It's the parents that have 2 girls on the team. The parents have not payed the registration fee for either girl due to tight finances. I payed the registration fee out my pocket so that these sweet little girls could play. $80 per head. And 1 of the girls is not eligible to play 10u because she is only 8. I brought her up to help these parents manage getting both girls to the same practice and game instead of having the parents drive all over the county. The dad doesn't have a job and can't get the girls to the games on time. This screws my line up and batting order for the team, dugout mom, my score keeper and the opposing team's score keeper.

This is frustrating and a poor excuse for parenting. I guess they expect everything handed to them on their own terms.