View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Boehler View Post
No offense, and I know this is going to come off as offensive, but if I was an employer, I'd block all personal use sites as well as a ban on texting and personal cell phone calls.

The production of this world has come to a screeching halt with texting and emails.

Just as an example, try and get anything accomplished in a male dominated office on NFL Fantasy Draft week! It is very frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I've got family that I love that are part of this system and are not productive at work. Its not personal, don't take it that way. But if I'm paying you and your texting your buddies or cruising THT, I'm going to start with threats and end with termination. It's WAY too tough making a buck these days to accept this behavior.

Mike,

No offense taken in the least, I agree with you 100%. My problem is where I work we often have to pull 16 hr. shifts and at times it can be hard to keep up with a home life, pay bills communicate with realtor, lawyer accountant etc when you have to do unexpected O/T 3 days in a row.

I like to log on during my lunch break as a way to unwind after checking on how the day went at home and so on.

So no offense.