View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Pinchincrab

I have done very well on kings by putting out dusters/cigar minnows and a deep diving plug down the middle. We used to troll straight out the bouy line and kill the kings. I have even picked up dolphin and wahoo pretty close in. There should still be some Cobies around as well. Also, if you can get numbers for Leroy (20+/-) miles out, you may get a shot at some BFT. We used to chum Menhanden Milk out there and round up the BFT like crazy. There used to be some quality snapper and large grouper on that wreck as well. If you head east toward Mexico Beach, you can get into lots of red grouper. Some of the above listed numbers are good advice. I have seen some very nice snapper and red grouper caught off of Philips Inlet on natural bottom. It is not far offshore there either. you can literally seen people walking on the beach. Like they said above, Half Hitch is a great place to start. Definately launch at St. Andrews State Park. Very short run to the pass. We got this hoo about 9 miles out of the pass. Good luck!
Attached Images