Thread: HOT Tubs
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Garett
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member

Originally Posted by tprice View Post
Funny but you would not think there is much difference between 101 and 104 but there is a lot

During late fall-early spring(when it is normally colder) we keep ours on 104, during the warmer time of the year I will turn it down to 101 and in the heat of the summer I will lower down into the low 90's since nobody ever uses ours in the summer
At the Banff Springs Hotel (Alberta, Canada) if I recall properly they either kept their hot tub at 107 or 109 (in the spa area)......either way man was that HOT! But it wasn't hot at all after you got out of the moist sauna at 117, the hot tub was actually quite refreshing.

This summer I'm thinking of shutting down my tub so I can pull the Styrofoam out of the cover, strip down the plastic cover and let the moisture built up in the Styrofoam evaporate. The cover is not heavy yet, but it is heavier then when it was new. I replaced the cover the year after we moved in ($550), I'm hoping to ward off that expense because the cover starts to sag from the weight of all that moisture.